Page 431 of 458 FirstFirst ... 331381421426427428429430431432433434435436441 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,310 of 4576
    Senior Member Silver Poster

Default Re: What is The Last Movie You Watched?

Shin Godzilla 2016
    The absolute best

Last movie I watched was: Chanel Santini: TS Superstar

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by african1 View Post
    Last movie I watched was: Chanel Santini: TS Superstar

Looks good...but not showing at my local Vue cinema...we rarely get those radical, indy films...

Quote Originally Posted by blackchubby38 View Post
    What Tarantino was trying to do with Once Upon Time In Hollywood was to remove the horror and mystique that surrounds the Manson family and show them for what they actually were. A bunch of girls with daddy issues and inept home invaders. He also made the movie to remind me people that Sharon Tate was a person and not just a murder victim.
    When it comes Jackie Brown and Kill Bill, while its true that Tarantino pays homage/rips off other genres of film, I don't know what else the audience should have expected from them. Also Pam Grier was starring in blaxploitation films before she starred in Jackie Brown. So if anything it was an attempt to make his version of Foxy Brown.
    Tarantino films deal with crime, violent periods in time, and the darker side of the human psyche. So I don't expect to see loving relationships between men and women in them. That doesn't mean he has a problem with women.

Finally, that wasn't anal sex in Pulp Fiction. That was rape.
    All fair points, particularly the last one, where I stand corrected and agree it was rape, my apologies to all.

I appreciate a lot of the references in his films, but also find them irritating as it often looks like he wants the audience to congratulate him for being so clever, though I don't get the music references as they are, to me, obscure. In the end I can take or leave his films, Tarantino is just not the kind of director who bears comparison with the auteurs I can't live without, but he may be making films which are more purely American than most of his contemporaries, but is this the American people want to live in? And how many Americans are involved in crime at any level?
    I always appreciate your intelligent comment, (and corrections!)...thanks.

IT: Chapter 2.

Knives Out (Rian Johnson, 2019)
    An entertaining way to spend a couple of hours not worrying about the mortgage, Boris Johnson or the latest complaint from America's No 1 Liar about light-bulbs and the number of times Americans flush their toilets.
    References abound, from Agatha Christie to Game of Thrones, from Hitchcock to CSI, and there is some sort of crackle and fizz to the script which is well performed by Jamie Lee Curtis and Don Johnson in particular. I am not sure if Daniel Craig has mastered a Southern Accent or if he intended to, but he is ok and unlike Southern Gentlemen, does not shave.
    The film tries to match Wes Anderson's snap, crackle and pop films and fails, indeed, one wonders if Anderson would have done a better job. But hey, it was ok, and I am not complaining about the £4.99 ($6.56) it cost to buy a ticket, though the Vue chain may want to review the tea they use for customers, as the tea I bought was tasteless. How hard can it be?

Senior Member Gold Poster holzz's Avatar

The Iron Lady.

Senior Member Veteran Poster Lovecox's Avatar

Just saw MIDSOMMAR. I really enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to whatever else Ari Aster delivers in the horror field because I also loved HEREDITARY.

The Irishman (Martin Scorsese, 2019)
    at the beginning of his career Scorsese made a film- Mean Streets- about local mafiosi and wannabe mafiosi that was funny and tragic, fast and fluent. At the end of his career Scorsese makes a film about the guys at the top, grim and inevitable, slow and garbled. That it concerns real people from history- Frank Sheeran and Jimmy Hoffa- does not add credibility or depth as the claims made, on the assassinations of JFK and Hoffa, are either not true, or have not been verified as true. The overwhelming theme, of loyalty and betrayal is so embedded in Mafia tales as to be predictable here, but the film, with a stodgy, repetitive script, becomes a miserable three and a half hours and was, without doubt a waste of my time.
    If this is Scorsese's last film, he went out with a whimper, not a bang. At least I did not have to pay for it seeing it on someone else's Netflix account.

Ella Hollywood and Daisy Tailor have awsome sex in this movie! A must see for shemale fans!!

cdcyn