Junior Poster

Default Old Timers: Amazing Video of Gabrielle and Chanelle Pickett

For those of you who were on the scene in New York or Boston in the 90s/early 00s, you may have known either Gabrielle or Chanelle Pickett.

Chanelle was murdered in Boston in 1997 in an infamous murder and trial. Her sister, Gabrielle became something of a spokesperson about anti-trans violence, but was also on the scene.

Gabrielle was an amazingly pretty, smart, poised woman.

On this site there was some discussion about her a few years ago. Someone, I think Megabody, said she died of a drug overdose, but recently some sites are saying she was also murdered -- in 2003.

Anyway, someone posted a link on some politics site to some video on Youtube of Chanelle and Gabrielle in the (early?) 90s being interviewed on the old Jenny Jones show. What a story. I didn't know the half of it.

Pretty amazing stuff. Gabrielle was cool peeps.

I knew them both they were very nice people...

Live and let live....

Quote Originally Posted by AdaraLove
    Do you have any direct knowledge that Gabrielle has died? It's been a rumor that several people have heard about, but there was no direct confirmation. For example someone faxed Nancy Nageroni of GenderTalk Radio that she passed, I want to say early 2003.

Someone who used to post on here said something simliar. Both sources say it was a hotel in NYC. One said that she died of a drug overdose, but the other said she was murdered in an NYC hotel. That her throat was cut.

Her sister Channel's death was well documented.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by AdaraLove
    Hi Adara,

I never knew Chanelle, only Gabrielle when she was in NYC.

BTW, your old web site was one of the first transgender sites I ever saw back in the early internet days -- It was Vivi's something, right?

Also, didn't you used to run Tgirls.com?