Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

There's E. Coli in the water and reports of Cholera breaking out. And the Fox News feed reported a few hours ago that the Superdome will have to be Demolished.

Superdome before - http://maps.google.com/maps?q=superd...&start=0&hl=en

Superdome after -
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=superd...&start=0&hl=en

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

Default ............................

damn

to really appreciate the power of mother nature look how far the dome is off its center
    and that was with a packed complex inside

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

5 Star Poster

Default Disgusted by Barbara Bush quote

Actually, former First Lady Barbara Bush seems to think that what went one in the Superdome must have been a barrel of laughs and that for most people being herded into a hot smelly place having lost all your possessions and still fearing for your life was a very postitive expereience. Read on:
    Hurricane Katrina victims in Houston, Texas were "underprivileged anyway" and life in the Astrodome sports arena is "working very well for them," former first lady Barbara Bush says.

The comments by the mother of President George W Bush have fueled the ire of some Americans, who see the Bush family as out-of-touch patricians.

"Almost everyone I've talked to says 'we're going to move to Houston,'" Bush said in a radio interview after visiting evacuees at the Astrodome with her husband, former president George Bush.

"What I'm hearing, which is sort of scary, is they all want to stay in Texas. Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality," she said.

"And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this - this is working very well for them."

One news (tvnz.co.nz)
    I would suggest that the whole Bush family, GHW senior, monkeyboy and all the kids, grandkids and cousins, should move permanently into the Superdome pronto, since it's so nice and pleasant. At least that will get them out of the White House.

Navin R. Johnson: You mean I'm going to stay this color??
    Mother: I'd love you if you were the color of a baboon's ass.

5 Star Poster

MegabodyNYC said:
    THIS NEW ORLEANS THING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RACE....ITS A LOCAL GOVERNMENT FUCK UP......
    Actually, the way it's appearing to the rest of the watching world, those of us in Europe especially, and the way it seems to appear on the BBC news is that it's not just a local government fuck up, but a major fuck up (or cock up as people say in the UK) by the US Government- a truly humbling litany of failures in the system, of apathy, of bad projections and predictions that have caused the preventable deaths of thousands of people.

And the BBC does ask whether the Government would have reacted quicker if the affected areas, especially New Orleans were predominantly white. It also points the finger of blame on the FEMA, and on a host of others, leading up through a trail of bad management and apathy to the President himself, who was even slower to react to this than he was to 9/11.

Maybe it isn't a racist thing. At least perhaps the response has not been consciously racist. But let me ask you, would the Federal Government have allowed all these deaths, loss of life and property and this disaster and mayhem to happen if the hurricane had been heading for a wealthier and politically more 'important' coastal state like New York, Florida, Texas, California or Washington state? Think about it.

Party Goddess Platinum Poster AllanahStarrNYC's Avatar

i guess if you are white and a man in america you are really out of touch

WAKE UP

RACISM
    SEXISM
    HOMOPHOBIA

are alive and well in this country-nothing proves how out of touch the govemerment is with the underlying realities of domestic policies in this country than the aftermath of hurricane katrina.

geez-we can spend billions of dollars on a useless war but yet

poverty is alive and well in this country-

and wait- let us no forget africa

where exactly was the 'police of the world' when mass genocides and civil war were/are taking place in many african countries?

oh i forgot-NO OIL IN AFRICA

darn it!

2008 AVN Transsexual Performer Of The Year
    www.TransexualStarr.com
    www.Facebook.com/AllanahStarr

5 Star Poster

MegabodyNYC shouted:
    AND WHO FUCKING GIVES A RATS ASS WHAT AN NON AMERICAN THINKS....I SAY, KEEP YOUR SHIT TO YOUR OWN BACKYARD.....THE UK HAS PROBLEMS AS WE DO.....
    That's nicely put. Actually I'm not from the UK, either, although I have lived in England for several years.

Maybe your attitude should tell you something about why not very many people like America today.

Actually, there were a lot of non-Americans in New Orleans when the disaster struck, and as far as I know, more than 100 Brits are still missing. That was on the BBC, too, I might add. In addition, the UK and various other European countries have begun contributing aid, through their governments and through charities to the relief efforts. So I think this has become a little bit more than a small local issue, don't you?

As far as what GW Bush thinks (or doesn't think), I can't say. I'm not saying the disaster relief has been slow because of racism (although you might admit that their have been rascist tendencies rearing their ugly head in how some things have been handled by the law enforcers or the press, perhaps) just that the (local and Federal) Government reaction and the relief effort has been achingly slow, and the efforts made early on were minimal, unlike those being made on the "war on terror".

So you might not give a shit about what I think is wrong with America today (and what Allanah thinks, and many others) but I seriously don't think that rap music, video games or movies are to blame for everything. On the other hand the fact that some people are rubbing their hands with glee at the thought of their shares in infrastructure related companies rising in value on the NYSE may give you a more real view of where America's true priorities lie.

I rest my case.

Junior Poster

Hey Allanah, there is lots of oil in Africa...lots, Nigeria, Sao Tome, Guinea, etc.

I am sick and tired of this shit...blame the white man, blame blame blame, what a load of shit. You had the chance to leave, you should have left. And hell ya, if you want to stay and loot, good for you, but when a National Guardsman blows you away, don't come crying to 'the whiteman'.

Fuck this shit. Take some responsibility for your own ignorance, raise yourself out of poverty and stop depending on the handouts of the welfare state.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by AllanahStarrNYC

WAKE UP

RACISM
    SEXISM
    HOMOPHOBIA

are alive and well in this country-nothing proves how out of touch the govemerment is with the underlying realities of domestic policies in this country than the aftermath of hurricane katrina.

geez-we can spend billions of dollars on a useless war but yet

poverty is alive and well in this country-

and wait- let us no forget africa

where exactly was the 'police of the world' when mass genocides and civil war were/are taking place in many african countries?

darn it!
    Ive been saying this but since I was not "politically correct" in my speech I was dismissed but everything I have said is true.
    You have to speak truth to power,kinda like what Kayne West did.
    Why do the good people have to sit on their hands while being abused by these evil bastards?
    Why can WE get angry and curse a little instead of taking a bunch of shit?
    Just say whats on your mind.
    God knows the republicans do and they ARE NOT TACTFUL when they do.
    Remember Dick Armey representative from Texas(of course) calling a fellow congresmen a "fag"?
    You have to stand up to these bullies.
    Now I guess Bush is going to investigate "what went right and what went wrong" in this matter.
    How touching.........

the beauty .........the fantasy.......i die.......i die

This is just a silly and irresponsible statement.

Actually, Africa is loaded with oil. Just a few African nations providing oil include Algeria, Libya, Egypt, Angola, Nigeria, Cameroon, Congo, and Tunisia.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Professional Poster