Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by NickTheQuick
    "where exactly was the 'police of the world' when mass genocides and civil war were/are taking place in many african countries? "

Not exactly true. Sure the scale of involvement is smaller (and sometimes covert) compared to current Afganistan and Iraq battles but you can't say non-existent. One example for those who might have been too busy (or too young) to watch news reports, is Somalia and the US involvement there. At least watch Black Hawk Down, decent movie (next best thing, although not completely accurate I'm sure). There are too many civil wars and the US cannot possibly stick their nose in all of them.
    Stay out of American business german.

the beauty .........the fantasy.......i die.......i die

Junior Poster

What strikes my as interesting is how the first person in this thread to bring up some thing about black people is MegabodyNYC.
    Who cares what you're tired of hearing.

No ones blaming the white man, global warming or poor levees, we're blaming the government. (local, state and federal)
    And what's wrong with asking for help, They're were dying down there!
    All that bullshit bureaucracy about the governor did not ask for federal help is bullshit.
    They knew what was going on down there. It was all over the news even before it hit land.
    I swear some people have show their true selves during this tragedy with their lack of compassion for people that are dying.

All you and your anonymous, coward friend keep doing is making the same damn point about the looting, shootings, rapes and other violence by black people.

And if I hear another white person say something about our communities, I going to scream.
    You don't know anything about communities.
    Sure there's violence. Violence is everywhere.
    There's also good hard working people and business.
    We are even donating money and giving items to the victims.
    Most of us looks out for one another other then "borrowing a cup sugar".
    We have shelters and food banks for the poor, elderly and homeless.
    You're friend said no one is helping this elderly black couple in their building.
    Then they can help!
    Thats one fucking situation.
    What about the black churches and organization that do help.
    My next door neighbor was a 81 year old white man and the neighbors made sure he ate, his house was clean and his grass was cut when his own sister would not show up for months.

Y'all love to point out when black people act violent. You run it in fucking hole. Always emphasizing how we're doing shit to our own people.
    Whites don't have clean fucking hands either.
    Before the hurricane, for years, all you saw on FOX NEWS, CNN and MSNBC was...
    - white women that was murdered by their husbands.
    - white sex offenders kid napping and killing little kids
    - white people shooting up their jobs and employees
    - white kids shooting up their schools and class mates
    - white woman killing their babies cause of depression
    - white men killing their entire families
    - white woman trying to kill women for their un-born babies
    - white men going postal
    - most serial killers are white middle age men
    should I go on?
    I know what the problems is.
    The news is not talking about Natelee Hollaway any more.

And who cares about your mulatto kids and wife.
    By marrying you, she made your ass better.

And you got the nerve to tell non-americans on the board to be quiet.
    You're willing to be ignorant to make a insignificant point.

Now, go ahead and break away at what I said and find little bits here and there that you can use to make more stupid comments.

Still Here 5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by geekmeat
    [
    It would probably help your arguement if Liekenziedick, Germany was a real place.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by NYCe
    [
    It would probably help your arguement if Liekenziedick, Germany was a real place.
    Oops
    My bad.....lick en ze dick......
    Its a shame that Nick has shown himself to be such an ass.........I kinda liked him before all this.

the beauty .........the fantasy.......i die.......i die

LOL "genocide", give me a fucking break. People can't handle the tiniest loss of life nowadays, we've been reduced to a bunch of self-privelidged crybabies. Just 70 years ago hundreds of thousands of people would be dying on a daily basis, and people were still able to get on with thier lives. Now every death is a fucking national tragedy, get over it.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by bleelah
    LOL "genocide", give me a fucking break. People can't handle the tiniest loss of life nowadays, we've been reduced to a bunch of self-privelidged crybabies. Just 70 years ago hundreds of thousands of people would be dying on a daily basis, and people were still able to get on with thier lives. Now every death is a fucking national tragedy, get over it.
    weird comment
    we should all get on with our lives.
    we can still have some compassion.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCe
    [
    LMAO..

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

Default ............................

Quote Originally Posted by bleelah
    in 1935 I'm sure no one got on with their lives during the radio announcements of massive death, whether it was in Europe, in the south, etc. People need time to grieve and vent.

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Professional Poster

Ladies and Gentleman:

I am truly dumbfounded by the failure of people to acknowledge the obvious. There was a failure of leadership - simply put. Whether race played a card in it, will not be proven anytime soon (if ever). But to fail to acknowledge the failure - hampers any recovery effort. I am now no longer focused on the past, but the present. The administration's complete resistance to the truth - will prevent truly effective change (from failure to success). The first step in correcting any problem is to acknowledge its existence. To say to the FEMA head 'Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job' is just disheartening. FEMA's MANDATE is to be first responders and then coordinators of disaster relief. They have yet to do there job. As we sit and debate - the mismanagement continutes. See http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/09/06/katrina.charleston/index.html?section=cnn_latest (Victims taken by FEMA to wrong city).

Look Mega, Nick and the rest who prefer not to acknowledge the failure at the very top... I wonder whether you're this lackadaisical about the issue YOU care about. To be curt - I try very hard not to base my opinions on my own life experiences. I do this because no matter how much life I lived - I have not lived 'everyone's' life so my opinion will - if I let it - be 'jaded' by my own experiences. Rather I try to carry opinions based on a wider range or group of experiences. That way I do not see things just through my own eyes - but through the eyes of others. Then I try to make what I think is the best opinion.

I will give a non-controversial example. I believe a man is hypocritical when he says he is anti-death penalty (unless it was my mother/child/wife etc.). Why do I believe he is a hypocrite? Because he bases his opinions solely on his life's experiences. We should kill people, unless they hurt me! Hypocritical and selfish. That person does not take into account the feelings/rights/lives of others... only himself.

I see quite a few responses that seem to only take into account the personal feelings of the author, but does not take into account the feelings/rights/lives of the victims (or their families) of this disaster. Perhaps you will care more when it hits YOU. I will not. Because I already care. The reason am I critical here on this board (as well as many other places) is because the people that can improve things - care about the Opinion Polls. If they did not ... things would be much different (I'm not saying better or worse). Noone can truly argue that the relief effort did not come under full swing until the major news organizations and networks began earnest criticism of the failures of the relief efforts. I was completely shocked to see FOX NEWS, CNN and MSNBC all directly criticize the FEDERAL Government's reaction/response ... with FOX NEWS personally critical of the president's failure to view the affected areas until 2 days after the devestation.

To everyone I say - people of all races/ages/creeds/nationalities and religions are dead and are still dying. If you can contribute money/shelter/etc please do so. But at the least, keep the pressure on the Administration. If you cannot understand this post then do one thing as a favor. Please imagine that it was YOUR mother/father/son/daughter/wife/husband/etc. in the waters of New Orleans or Biloxi or wherever. Would you still praise the Adminstration whose job it was (and still is) to provide them with rescue, safe harbor, food and water? I will not. I will continue to be critical... until a real effort is truly underway.

~Brickcitybrother~

"The government consists of a gang of men exactly like you and me. They have, taking one with another, no special talent for the business of government; they have only a talent for getting and holding office."

H. L. Mencken