Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Default TOM CRUISE NEW FLICK

Valkyrie ! Anybody see it ? thinking about checking it out tonite open today but his last few movies have sucked big time. Actually when was the last good Tom Cruise movie ? mid 90's ?

Silver Poster

He has no good movies. Oh yeah, just one, "The Firm" with Gene Hackman. Thanks to Gene Hackman.

I gotta problem with historical flicks when I know exactly how it turns out. we know the story... a bunch of high ranking German officers knew they were going to lose the war by the start of 1944 so they conspired to assisinate Hitler. he survived, got really pissed, and got back at everyone involved.

of course these same military guys thought Hitler was a genius when he was kicking the shit outta France, Holland and Poland in 1940

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

He was awesome in Tropical Thunder!

Professional Poster

Ugh. Valkyrie sucks all sorts of ass.

Putting aside Cruises religion (Scientology is a a scam and a cult) he can actually act but Valkyrie is a film that is just so plain wrongheaded. It really is a weak film.

Veteran Poster

Nothing like a movie about Germany with no German spoken in it.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by alpha2117

Putting aside Cruises religion (Scientology is a a scam and a cult) he can actually act but Valkyrie is a film that is just so plain wrongheaded. It really is a weak film.
    Thanks for the advice and laugh. Will avoid this one. Isn't Travolta and half of Hollywood into that crazy shit. More I think about it Tom Cruise has gone way down since Rainman. But people are stupid and will go see it and support Cruise .

Its amazing the only good movies today are Foreign films like India's Slumdog Millionaire. I guess thats what happens these guys like Cruise get what like 15-20 million a movie if not more and they rob us of our money.

The best is when Julia Roberts said she won't do a movie for less than 25 million ...wtf ? when did she become better than Sophia Loren ?

Veteran Poster

I hate when people base movie picks on actors alone ----look at the Writer/Director -- dont base movie choices solely on actors--

Valkyrie is a Bryan Singer flick and was co written by the same guy that did Usual Suspects with him....Tom Cruise btw is a dead ringer for the real Claus von Stauffenberg so it makes sense that the cast him.. If your into WW2 history give this movie a chance Tom Cruise or not...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	valkyriecompare_976.jpg 
Views:	437 
Size:	111.7 KB 
ID:	217585  

nosurrender69

Veteran Poster

have you even seen this movie yet?....
    or is this just some assumption?

Not that you should listen to critics buts....read some reviews before you nay say just cause you think Tom cruise is a looney...which Im not denying...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...03921619.story

nosurrender69

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rico87
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha2117

Thanks for the advice and laugh. Will avoid this one. Isn't Travolta and half of Hollywood into that crazy shit. More I think about it Tom Cruise has gone way down since Rainman. But people are stupid and will go see it and support Cruise .

Its amazing the only good movies today are Foreign films like India's Slumdog Millionaire. I guess thats what happens these guys like Cruise get what like 15-20 million a movie if not more and they rob us of our money.

The best is when Julia Roberts said she won't do a movie for less than 25 million ...wtf ? when did she become better than Sophia Loren ?
    What a silly statement "they rob us of our money" ?
    Going to see a movie is a choice, not a necessity.
    I can't find the quote where Julia Roberts stated that she wouldn't do a movie for less than $25 million (the amount she was paid for "Mona Lisa Smile" but she is the world's most successful female actress in terms of box office. I'd guess that is when she became better than Sophia Lorean who was always more of an icon than an actress (and I fail to see the connection with Julia Roberts?).

"Slumdog Millionaire" is a British/US film starring a British male lead. If it was Indian it would have a musical number in it. I agree though, that there are more interesting Foreign movies than what Hollywood has given us this year.

A recent report I read (I think in "Men's Health" or maybe online) by an economist stated that the name of the star in a movie, had very little to do with the ROI for a movie and often the cost of the star/s payment offset any profits.

Good rated movies this year IMO:
    The Dark Knight
    Man on Wire
    Ironman
    In Bruges

Overall it's been the worst year for movies that I can remember - so if anyone has any other suggestions of movies I may have missed?