Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by sockmonkey
    I don't believe it's a matter of technological advancement. Any such device would be ineffectual for a virus that can take up to several months in some cases to present itself. Obviously by then it'd be far too late.
    the viral dna can be detected within ~15 days
    unfortunately the method is far too elaborate and expensive for joe average to do between stripping your clothes off and deciding whether to put on a condom (yes i know theres also hepatitis and other less deadly stis)

Elvis: I was dreamin'. Dreamin' my dick was out and I was checkin' to see if that infected bump on the head of it had filled with pus again. If it had, I was gonna name it after my ex-wife 'cilla and bust it by jackin' off.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle
    http://www.wired.com/science/discoveries/multimedia/2008/12/gallery_microscope_phone
    Quote for highlight, today on Wired:

LOS ANGELES — A new MacGyver-esque cellphone hack could bring cheap, on-the-spot disease detection to even the most remote villages on the planet. Using only an LED, plastic light filter and some wires, scientists at UCLA have modded a cellphone into a portable blood tester capable of detecting HIV, malaria and other illnesses.