Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Gamers.?.?.?.?

Rookie Poster

x360 currently playing COD:WaW, Gears 2, NFS: Undercover.

Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by hondarobot
    "Fallout 3" is not a Fallout game, it's a Bethesda birthed retarded third child with a bad cough. It's worse than Fallout: Tactics.

I still refuse to buy it, just based on what I've heard so far.
    Official Xbox Magazine 100

1UP 100

EuroGamer 100

GamePro 100

G4 TV 100

AceGamez 100

IGN 96

GameTrailers 94

http://www.metacritic.com/games/plat...?q=fallout%203

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/index.php?name=fallout+3

Sales:X360 1.27 million copies
    PS3 700,00 copies

Failure, i think not.This is the most successfull game in the fallout series.
    By that line of reasoning, "Happy Birthday" is the greatest song ever written. It's not. I'll use an old school pen-and-paper RGP analogy to illustrate what I'm saying.

Dungeons and Dragons: pretty much universally considered the pinnacle of RPG games. The reason is because it's pretty easy to play. The rule books never even presented a viable method for calculating the physical damage a character receives from falling. Seriously. They never figured that out.

Aftermath!: a RPG pretty much nobody ever played. The rule books weren't flashy, the covers were stark black and yellow, and the rules were complex, but within those rules you could not only figure out falling damage, but how likely a character is to get an infection off a splinter of wood. That's the nature of a good game, it provides the structure for players to operate independently of what the game creators had in mind. It provides tools as opposed to presenting a road map.

Fallout 3 = D&D

Fallout 1 & 2 = Aftermath!

Another example: www.nma-fallout.com There are people to this day discussing, playing and modding the first two games. Nobody cares about part three, because the people who bought it are done playing it. Twenty level cap, no replay factor. Again, this is what I've read and heard so far. Not worth the money.

GOD Emperor of Mankind Platinum Poster LibertyHarkness's Avatar

I play Eve-online on my PC ... its a little mmorpg in space where basically you can do anything you want.....

It has a player driven econmy and all sorts of stuff .....

err other than that i play my old PS2 at hte moment some old school games at moment..

soul reaver - FF7 - Tenchu - ratchet & clank

Liberty Harkness
    "English Transsexual Model - Entertainer - Photographer "
    Twitter

Official Website

Tumblr
    My Webcam

Veteran Poster

Eve? God, I got scared off when a friend of mine who played for years called it an 'asshole academy' due to all the newb killing as the fastest way to make a buck. Is it more fun than reports so far?

No actual game at the moment...

Sean

Just one more nice guy finishing last...

I'll Admit it. I play World of Warcraft when I am not doing anything.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by AmyDaly
    I'll Admit it. I play World of Warcraft when I am not doing anything.
    I dont get that game. Remindsme of morrowwind.
    I Action/shooter games for me.

Veteran Poster

WoW is fun with the right crowd. My last guild broke up after a while and haven't found the same kind of group since. Pick ups are as fun, too many folks just grab and go. Get a regular group going and you got a good time.

Sean

Just one more nice guy finishing last...

Gold Poster

By that line of reasoning, "Happy Birthday" is the greatest song ever written. It's not. I'll use an old school pen-and-paper RGP analogy to illustrate what I'm saying.

Dungeons and Dragons: pretty much universally considered the pinnacle of RPG games. The reason is because it's pretty easy to play. The rule books never even presented a viable method for calculating the physical damage a character receives from falling. Seriously. They never figured that out.

Aftermath!: a RPG pretty much nobody ever played. The rule books weren't flashy, the covers were stark black and yellow, and the rules were complex, but within those rules you could not only figure out falling damage, but how likely a character is to get an infection off a splinter of wood. That's the nature of a good game, it provides the structure for players to operate independently of what the game creators had in mind. It provides tools as opposed to presenting a road map.

Fallout 3 = D&D

Another example: www.nma-fallout.com There are people to this day discussing, playing and modding the first two games. Nobody cares about part three, because the people who bought it are done playing it. Twenty level cap, no replay factor. Again, this is what I've read and heard so far. Not worth the money.

I don't get your logic your saying a game "pretty much nobody ever played" is somehow better then a game that has sold over a million copies and is critically acclaimed.I'm not saying your old game is inferior i'm saying fallout 3 is more successful then any other previous version by sales and scores.The developers would fools to go back to that old style which lack sales like fallout 3.

If no one cared it wouldn't be doing better then the previous versions and the no replay value comment is ridiciolous.fallout 3 is well over 50 hours with multiple endings.You sure have alot to say about it withoout even playing it.That little disgruntled community should give fallout 3 a chance.

Veteran Poster

PS3 CoD 4, Soul Calibur 4, and Super Smash Brothers Brawl on Wii

Reality is perception.

Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Legend

Fallout 3 = D&D

I don't get your logic your saying a game "pretty much nobody ever played" is somehow better then a game that has sold over a million copies and is critically acclaimed.I'm not saying your old game is inferior i'm saying fallout 3 is more successful then any other previous version by sales and scores.The developers would fools to go back to that old style which lack sales like fallout 3.

If no one cared it wouldn't be doing better then the previous versions and the no replay value comment is ridiciolous.fallout 3 is well over 50 hours with multiple endings.You sure have alot to say about it withoout even playing it.That little disgruntled community should give fallout 3 a chance.
    Well, Bethesda shouldn't have presumed to call the game Fallout 3, that's the problem. Van Buren is Fallout 3, it just never got finished. If this game had been called Fallout: Vault Zero (or whatever) I would have no problem with it.

I probably will play the damn thing eventually, but I'm not paying full price for it, strictly on principle.