Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
    Platinum Poster

more fuckups by boyblunder bush and his crony "brownie"...

FEMA Acknowledges Blunders During Katrina

LARA JAKES JORDAN, Associated Press Writer
    Mon Jan 30, 5:24 PM ET

WASHINGTON - Poor planning and communication plagued FEMA's response to Hurricane Katrina, a top agency official said Monday, acknowledging that other federal departments' offers to help rescue storm victims went unheard or were ignored.

William Lokey, chief of response operations at the Federal Emergency Management Agency, told senators he was unaware that the Interior Department offered to send boats, planes, trucks and personnel to rescue Katrina's victims immediate after the Aug. 29 storm hit.

"Communications and coordination was lacking, preplanning was lacking," Lokey testified at a Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee hearing. "We were not prepared for this."

article here-

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/katrina_congress

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by samstl99
    I dont care if your are Chocolate City Man's brother. He is a Buffoon, and a coward. The governor is just as dense. If they could NOT handle the situation then they needed to Request Federal assistance... to which they NEVER did. All your mayor did is flee the city and basically said to his citizens.. "Fuck you I am outta here... I aint gonna die"
    Been away a while, but wanted to respond to this:

Again, you're totally wrong about Nagin. Naive? Yes. Coward? Definitely not. He never left the city as the storm came in. He left once to check on his family in Texas (I know this personally). Wouldn't you?

Again, I suggest you locate the documents Louisiana submitted to Congress and read them over. Requests for help was submitted prior to the storm. The White House has submitted nothing-- NOTHING-- to refute that. They won't submit anything at all.

People continue to cry about the horrible job New Orleans and the state did in evacuating the area. I think a helluva job was done considering that until late that week, all forecasters had the storm going into the Florida panhandle.

Forget Katrina for a second. What about Rita? Why has there been no help to Western Louisiana and far East Texas? Where did Blanco go wrong there? Where are the complaints about the job Texas did evacuating. Did you not see the backlog of highways there? How about the abandoned cars? The 25 elderly people that died sitting in traffic? The contraflow lanes that took forever to put into place? Well thank God Rita didn't hit Houston.

Tell me this. And this is not direct at anyone directly. Forget all of the fucking blame games. I'm over them because it obvious no one is going to change anyone else's mind. It goes beyond Katrina...

Anyway, if we take all the blame. Everything is Louisiana's fault. Are you going to help? Will you lend a hand? If so, welcome to the family. If not, get out of the way and let those who sincerely wants to help do. Too many people are suffering because of all this bickering.