Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Brick,

I hear ya. He did consider it, but really at the time, forget what we know now, dont you think he would have been Roasted for intervening in state affairs without consent or request from the state?

I am sure he was advised that if he were to mobilize the National guard without approval or request from the state that he would be lambasted by everyone.

Lets not fool ourselves, the democrats would have eaten him alive... At the time.

Now Hindsight being 20/20 it would have been the best thing he could have done. We have to look at the information at the time of decision.

Platinum Poster

lmao...still making excuses for the inexcusable....

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Platinum Poster

Katrina Coverup: "The Bush Administration Is Stonewalling The Congress"...

White House Declines to Provide Storm Papers

By ERIC LIPTON
    Published: January 25, 2006

WASHINGTON, Jan. 24 - The Bush administration, citing the confidentiality of executive branch communications, said Tuesday that it did not plan to turn over certain documents about Hurricane Katrina or make senior White House officials available for sworn testimony before two Congressional committees investigating the storm response.

The White House this week also formally notified Representative Richard H. Baker, Republican of Louisiana, that it would not support his legislation creating a federally financed reconstruction program for the state that would bail out homeowners and mortgage lenders. Many Louisiana officials consider the bill crucial to recovery, but administration officials said the state would have to use community development money appropriated by Congress.

The White House's stance on storm-related documents, along with slow or incomplete responses by other agencies, threatens to undermine efforts to identify what went wrong, Democrats on the committees said Tuesday.

"There has been a near total lack of cooperation that has made it impossible, in my opinion, for us to do the thorough investigation that we have a responsibility to do," Senator Joseph I. Lieberman, Democrat of Connecticut, said at Tuesday's hearing of the Senate committee investigating the response. His spokeswoman said he would ask for a subpoena for documents and testimony if the White House did not comply.

more here-

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/25/po...rtner=homepage

Junior Poster

Chefmike.

Funny how all your posts are always coming from Liberal sources. Just because a newspaper reported it, doesnt mean it is the whole truth. Every media outlet has an agenda.

Did you notice that the republican run white house.. turned down a republican request. Because it is not a normal course that the Fed Gov foots the bill for all of it.

You are missing the point.. maybe because you are SOO intent on blaming the President for everything. I am not making excuses for him. GOD you are soo Dense.

I agree with Brick..his posts are dead on. The Response to the catastrophe was terrible.. and the blame goes to the Bush administration. PERIOD. I cannot be any clearer.

NOW.. onto what I was saying and you cant comprehend.. and that is responsibility for the lost lives.. and what happened BEFORE Katrina Hit.. and during Katrina. THat is NOT the Feds fault. it IS the Mayor and Governor's fault.

Platinum Poster

The lies currently being discussed in every media outlet (with the possible exception of FAUX news, which I suspect you watch) involve the current regime's lies and coverup regarding the events preceding Katrina. Dense? Yes, you are dense enough to defend yet another big lie and coverup by this unelected prez....

Keep up the good work...maybe you'll get a white house press pass like jeff gannon...or are you....?

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by chefmike
    The lies currently being discussed in every media outlet (with the possible exception of FAUX news, which I suspect you watch) involve the current regime's lies and coverup regarding the events preceding Katrina. Dense? Yes, you are dense enough to defend yet another big lie and coverup by this unelected prez....

Keep up the good work...maybe you'll get a white house press pass like jeff gannon...or are you....?
    Oh my god I am so done with you. EVEN The things you post are talking about POST Katrina. And anything PRE Katrina is in regards to the things that Brick Posted.

People can try to blame the Fed Gov all they want for the failed evacuation of NO and lives being lost.. but that is just to deflect their own fault.

So I am guessing that you think that the Fed Gov should have jurisdiction in State Affairs anytime they think they need to? Please answer this question.

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by samstl99

Oh my god I am so done with you. EVEN The things you post are talking about POST Katrina. And anything PRE Katrina is in regards to the things that Brick Posted.

People can try to blame the Fed Gov all they want for the failed evacuation of NO and lives being lost.. but that is just to deflect their own fault.

So I am guessing that you think that the Fed Gov should have jurisdiction in State Affairs anytime they think they need to? Please answer this question.
    Jeff, or is it Jeb, is that you?

Are you talking about the Terry Schiavo case?

Junior Poster

Mike,

Show some intelligence and original thought. Think for yourself.

Funny.. you still have not answered that question. I mean you have by your stance, but I just want to make it clear what your answer is.

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by samstl99

I didn't bring up states rights, nor am I the one tapdancing around the lies currently under investigation regarding the katrina warnings ignored by the criminals that you continue to make excuses for...

But since you mentioned the swine currently in office and their constantly changing opinions on states rights, depending on what day it is...

States Rights

Talking about Congressional intervention in the Terri Schiavo case, Republican representative Christopher Shays of Conneticut said:

"My party is demonstrating that they are for states' rights unless they don't like what states are doing. ... This Republican Party of Lincoln has become a party of theocracy." (New York Times, March 23, 2005)

Conservatives are the historical defenders of states' rights, and the supposed proponents of keeping big government out of people's lives, but this case once again shows that some social conservatives are happy to see the federal government acquire Stalinist proportions when imposing their morality on the rest of the country. So breathtaking was this attempted usurpation of power, wresting jurisdiction over a right-to-die case away from Florida's judiciary, that Republican leaders in the end had to agree to limit this legislation's applicability to the Schiavo case.

more here-

http://www.theocracywatch.org/terri_...s_mar21_05.htm

The mandates... emanating from Washington are coming not from big-government Democrats but conservative Republicans. And thanks to the party's successes in recent years, more of the state and local officials who are complaining about those actions are Republicans, too.

more here-

http://www.theocracywatch.org/states...e_jan16_05.htm

Veteran Poster

Don't hold your breath Sam, waffle boy NEVER answers your question till he's made a fool of. He never thinks on his own, just spouts moveon.org bullshit all day. He actually thinks people read his downloaded material.