Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hara_Juku Tgirl
    Actors/actresses/models put themselves out there. But that doesn't mean the paparazzi's got the right to hound them. In the same manner, we (Tg's) all go out in public, but that's NOT any invitation for the general public to openly ridicule and humiliate us! It be different if we were criticizing someone's acting say in a movie or what not. But physical appearance? Come on! Beauty is subjective. What is pretty to others may not appeal to most and vice versa.
    I agree with your logic to a point, but she is going on a reality tv show, intentionally putting herself in the spotlight knowing full well what those types of shows like to do with their participants. I don't see how anyone with half a brain could go on a show like that and expect to be anything but used as some cheesy novelty or comical element... just as all the non-trans participants on those shows go on knowing they're going to be used (some way or another) to create ratings, and because of that; the general public is going to form their opinions and comment on it (and those comments might not always be nice).

That's a far cry difference from going out in public to say, go grocery shopping as a private individual... and it, IMHO, would be an open invitation if a girl decided to bring a cableTV production crew with her wherever she goes shopping in public during the day. How many of those cheesy cableTV shows have we seen where they followed a nonpassable tgirl around for hours of her day to day life, followed by some scene of her going off to get srs (or recovering from srs)? Sure, it gets trans issues coverage & attention, but at what cost? Do we really want people to think "no tgirls pass" or that its some kind of "impulsive mid-life crisis"? And that's to say nothing of the girls who transition late, get SRS, decide they're done (never get FFS), and flash their cunt any time someone in public reads on them or clocks them. Gee, that's a good way to get the general public to accept us! /sarcasm.

As much as I'd hate to say it, appearances matter in our society and the general public is always going to be more hostile towards those who are physically "different." Least we forget, the stereotype of trans people being "sexual deviants" did not exist in American culture until AFTER hollywood started making it an issue in the 1930's. All through the 20's, trans actresses were very successful and MAINSTREAM in American entertainment, it was hollywood which brought up the idea of it being "some sick perversion" and it was only after that did the religious groups jump on board with that stereotype. And that stereotype has remained to some extent ever since, we've never been able to get passed it entirely, maybe we never will.

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

Platinum Poster

^ great post sarah ^

Junior Poster

nothing is ever going to top joey from real world hollywood. so many lolz at that dude.

Professional Poster EyeCumInPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa87
    Couldnt have a pretty/passable girl on, rite?
    Of course not. If they did that then they wouldnt be able to make a mockery of the whole situation. if they wouldve Put you on the show they wouldve really hit a snag when all the GG's (who look like drag queens) get jealous that your getting all the attention from the guys. Now THAT i mightve tuned into.

MTV is a real drag. You figure for such a trendy network, they shouldve had a TS on this show 10-15 fucking years ago. Why are they doing it now?? After its been done so many times already. They shouldve been the innovator. They shouldve had the balls to do it first. Shame on you MTV.

"I used to say that politics was the second oldest profession, and I have come to know that it bears a gross similarity to the first."
    -Ronald Reagan

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by EyeCumInPiece
    Of course not. If they did that then they wouldnt be able to make a mockery of the whole situation. if they wouldve Put you on the show they wouldve really hit a snag when all the GG's (who look like drag queens) get jealous that your getting all the attention from the guys. Now THAT i mightve tuned into.

MTV is a real drag. You figure for such a trendy network, they shouldve had a TS on this show 10-15 fucking years ago. Why are they doing it now?? After its been done so many times already. They shouldve been the innovator. They shouldve had the balls to do it first. Shame on you MTV.
    totally agree. they were such a pioneer w 1rst gay castmate pedro n i feel they really dropped the ball... i was in the running 4 rw atx yrs b4 i ever moved here. their loss.

Professional Poster EyeCumInPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tsntx
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeCumInPiece

totally agree. they were such a pioneer w 1rst gay castmate pedro n i feel they really dropped the ball... i was in the running 4 rw atx yrs b4 i ever moved here. their loss.
    Now that wouldve been interesting television.

"I used to say that politics was the second oldest profession, and I have come to know that it bears a gross similarity to the first."
    -Ronald Reagan

Rookie Poster

I think with a tiny bit of work she'd look just like Jennifer Aniston, you can see it in that second pic posted here.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by NiceBod
    Quote Originally Posted by 10th letter
    Quote Originally Posted by Solitary Brother
    I think the girl is very passable.
    Im really surprised at the negative comments coming from you girls.
    Jen you really need to stop.
    I wish this young girl nothing but success.
    She looks Jewish but better looking than the typical.
    ill bite

FUCK U

Welcome back J
    thanx bro, i guess if he said "he behaved like a black person except not as violent as the typical", that would have stirred up some noise

Gold Poster

Another crappy reality show exploiting a transgender person.I cannot wait to hear all the this is a turning point for tg and let's be happy for her while in true reality they are exploiting this person.I guess the whole thing about reality tv shows is to exploit all people.

Quote Originally Posted by Legend
    I guess the whole thing about reality tv shows is to exploit all people.
    And there you have it.

And though she has a ways to go, she doesn't look bad at all. At least from what little I've seen.

"Can't worry about what another nigga think, now that's liberation and baby I want it."
    -OutKast