Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Default Angry Iraqi throws shoes at Bush in Baghdad

(CNN) -- President Bush made a farewell visit Sunday to Baghdad, Iraq, where he met with Iraqi leaders and was targeted by an angry Iraqi man, who jumped up and threw shoes at Bush during a news conference.
    President Bush, left, ducks a thrown shoe as Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki tries to protect him Sunday.

Among Muslims, throwing shoes at someone, or sitting so that the bottom of a shoe faces another person, is considered an insult.

The man was dragged out screaming after throwing the shoes. Bush ducked, and the shoes, thrown one at a time, sailed past his head during the news conference with Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki in his palace in the heavily fortified Green Zone.

As the man continued to scream from another room, Bush said: "That was a size 10 shoe he threw at me, you may want to know."

Bush had been lauding the conclusion of the security pact with Iraq as journalists looked on.

Bush landed at Baghdad International Airport on Sunday and traveled by helicopter to meet with President Jalal Talabani and his two vice presidents at Talabani's palace outside the Green Zone.

It marked the first time he has been outside the heavily fortified Green Zone in Baghdad without being on a military base.

The visit was Bush's fourth since the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq in March 2003.

Afterward, Talabani praised his U.S. counterpart as a "great friend for the Iraqi people" and the man "who helped us to liberate our country and to reach this day, which we have democracy, human rights, and prosperity gradually in our country." Video Watch President Bush and Iraq's president walk the red carpet »

Talabani said he and Bush, who is slated to leave office next month, had spoken "very frankly and friendly" and expressed the hope that the two would remain friends even "back in Texas."

For his part, Bush said he had come to admire Talabani and his vice presidents "for their courage and for their determination to succeed."

As the U.S. and Iraqi national anthems played and Iraqi troops looked on, he and the Iraqi president walked along a red carpet.
    Don't Miss

Bush's trip was to celebrate the conclusion of the security pact with Iraq, called the Strategic Framework Agreement and the Status of Forces Agreement, the White House said.

Bush called the passage of the pact "a way forward to help the Iraqi people realize the blessings of a free society."

Bush said the work "hasn't been easy, but it has been necessary for American security, Iraqi hope, and world peace."
    advertisement

In remarks to reporters, National Security Adviser Stephen Hadley, who traveled with Bush, described the situation in Iraq as "in a transition."

"For the first time in Iraq's history and really the first time in the region, you have Sunni, Shia and Kurds working together in a democratic framework to chart a way forward for their country," he said.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shoethrownbush_138.gif 
Views:	619 
Size:	1.81 MB 
ID:	215836  

New Orleans, no place like home.

lmao, nice dodge by bush on the first shoe

LOL Amazing he managed to do it twice

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america
    I AM A GUY NOT A TRANSSEXUAL!

Junior Poster

he's pretty quick for an old guy. I guess all that brush clearing helps somehow...

If I knew it was gonna be this kind of party, I'd'a stick my dick in the mashed potatoes!

Quote Originally Posted by rick_932
    He knew they were coming.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Platinum Poster

too bad he didnt have a third shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedOne
    Quote Originally Posted by rick_932
    He knew they were coming.
    i meant in terms of reflexes

Veteran Poster

Should've worn that left shoe.

What's Bruce Lee's favourite drink? Wataaahhhhh!!

Rookie Poster

"Who throw's a shoe? I mean really..."

Professional Poster Castor_Troy05's Avatar