Junior Poster

Default Bettie Page passes away

She had a hard time of it her last few years.Many health problems but kept a positive spirit and still corresponded with friends in Nashville.She graduated from the same high school (Hume Fogg) which Dinah Shore graduated.Oprah Winfrey was going to go to Hume Fogg but her mother insisted she stay away from downtown Nashville and she instead went to East.You will read that Bettie also graduated from Peabody college which is true.Most Peabody college graduates are now considered Vanderbilt grads since Vanderbilt incorporated Peabody into their campus and curriculum around 1970.I know this is not directly related to the ts community,but I would guess a lot of the girls here are familiar with Bettie Page's work and the many decades of nostalgia surrounding this woman.

Platinum Poster

i thought bettie page died in like the '40s

?

Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

Damn, apparently she actually is dead.

RIP Betty Page.

Rookie Poster

Damn I didn't know she was still alive she is still one of the greatest sex symbols of all time she was frequent in my fantasies

Female or Shemale its whatever in my eyes you're all female

The world of erotica nad fetish lost THE first and best true pinup goddess.Anyone who is into fetish modeling and photography,as I am owes this woman a great big THANK YOU! RIP Betty!

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by braveman
    Quote Originally Posted by tsntx
    i thought bettie page died in like the '40s?
    Um, no.

Bettie was stunning! IMO hotter than Marilyn Monroe.

i didnt mean it as a cut or anything..,, i mean she only modeled for 7yrs *granted she graced more mags then cindy crawford and marilyn monroe combined* but still..... after she stopped modeling you never heard from her again... i just assumed she died mysteriously or something

still very sad to hear that... her body was very hot. i would love those hips and stomach

Party Goddess Platinum Poster AllanahStarrNYC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by braveman
    i thought bettie page died in like the '40s?
    Um, no.

Bettie was stunning! IMO hotter than Marilyn Monroe.

i didnt mean it as a cut or anything..,, i mean she only modeled for 7yrs *granted she graced more mags then cindy crawford and marilyn monroe combined* but still..... after she stopped modeling you never heard from her again... i just assumed she died mysteriously or something

still very sad to hear that... her body was very hot. i would love those hips and stomach
    She became a born again Christian and dropped out of modeling- in fact she had no idea how much of a star she had become until years later when was living on welfare.

She then took control of her name & image and cashed in on her fame.

You can look up her story online, and the HBO film about her life is very good.

http://www.bettiepage.com/

Very sad- an Icon of the 20th century. R.I.P

2008 AVN Transsexual Performer Of The Year
    www.TransexualStarr.com
    www.Facebook.com/AllanahStarr