Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chased Thru The Woods... 5 Star Poster bte's Avatar

I think Huckabee is a good guy, but I don't agree with his view on marriage.

Blood's thicker like a virgin's pussy on Homecoming.

Here's how an interview went with Huckabee and the late Tim Russert:

MR. RUSSERT: Why would you link homosexuality with sadomasochism, pedophilia and necrophilia?

GOV. HUCKABEE: Well, what I was pointing out is all of these are deviations from what has been the traditional concept of sexual behavior and men and women having children, raising those children in the context of a, of a traditional marriage and family. And, again, taken out of the larger context of that book, speaking about how so many of our social institutions have been broken down.

MR. RUSSERT: But do you think homosexuality is equivalent to pedophilia…

GOV. HUCKABEE: Oh, of course not.

MR. RUSSERT: …or sadomasochism?

GOV. HUCKABEE: No, of course not. I didn't say…

MR. RUSSERT: But this is what concerns people. This, this is what you did say about homosexuality: "I feel homosexuality is an aberrant, unnatural and sinful lifestyle." That's millions of Americans.

GOV. HUCKABEE: Tim, understand, when a Christian speaks of sin, a Christian says all of us are sinners. I'm a sinner, everybody's a sinner. What one's sin is, means it's missing the mark. It's missing the bull's eye, the perfect point. I miss it every day; we all do. The perfection of God is seen in a marriage in which one man, one woman live together as a couple committed to each other as life partners. Now, even married couples don't do that perfectly, so sin is not some act of equating people with being murderers or rapists…

MR. RUSSERT: But when you say aberrant or unnatural, do you believe you're born gay or you choose to be gay?

GOV. HUCKABEE: I don't know whether people are born that way. People who are gay say that they're born that way. But one thing I know, that the behavior one practices is a choice. We may have certain tendencies, but how we behave and how we carry out our behavior–but the important issue that I want to address, because I think when you bring up the faith question, Tim, I've been asked more about my faith than any person running for president. I'm OK with that. I hope I've answered these questions very candidly and very honestly. I think it's important for us to talk about it. But the most important thing is to find out, does our faith influence our public policy and how? I've never tried to rewrite science textbooks. I've never tried to come out with some way of imposing a doctrinaire Christian perspective in a way that is really against the Constitution. I've never done that.

http://caramelstgirls.com
    Interviews, Reviews and Resources

http://tsdreamland.com
    Photo and Video Galleries

http://caramelsgirls.com
    Glamour, Pinup, Fetish, Goth & BDSM

http://twitter.com/tscaramel
    Caramel on Twitter

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trish
    No wonder those who watch become polarized. These venues are a disservice and a joke.
    You got that right. 24/7 cable news is destroying time-honored principles of journalism. You make some very good points all around, and voice them really well. As far as Huckabee being dishonest or immodest, I know what you're saying about his agenda, but I also gotta say, compared to the foam-flecked, pulpit pounding, don't-confuse-me-with the-facts types where I live, Huckabee is the soul of reason. I'll take him over the Falwells any day. And I think he's a lot more genuine than Jon Stewart, even if I don't agree with him.

10th letter...hmmm...now who could that be?

Welcome back ya crazy hebe.
    Heh. And I thought I was the only one that noticed.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

I've watched and read on some Huckabee interviews and I do have some respect for the man, though not all of his views. It scares me that he comes off as being truly =honest= in an industry of braggarts and charlatans.

Jon's pushing on the gay marriage issue, while from a comedian, was spot on.

Speaking as a single man whose Social Security benefits dissolve into nothingness upon his death, I say that this has very little to do with who or what you fuck.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Insofar as “genuine” means “honest” or “truthful” I have to disagree. Huckabee knowingly and deliberately misrepresents gays. The reason Russert asked, “Why would you link homosexuality with sadomasochism, pedophilia and necrophilia?” is because that is the strategy Huckabee uses when the crowd wants to hear it. He backs away from it when he has to present himself as intellectual and even handed, as with Russert or Jon. That’s not being genuine, even if he can do with a smile and sense of humor.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

That’s not being genuine, even if he can do with a smile and sense of humor.
    But that is their mission and, so long as the unwashed masses are convinced, they will succeed.

Rookie Poster

hey cheffy, i doubt it will last long, you intelligent witty guys are outnumbered 100 to 1 by the legends and the girls with issues...i dont fall in line, as u know and im sure ill piss someone off to the point where it just wont be worth it anymore...but ill try

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by 10th letter
    hey cheffy, i doubt it will last long, you intelligent witty guys are outnumbered 100 to 1 by the legends and the girls with issues...i dont fall in line, as u know and im sure ill piss someone off to the point where it just wont be worth it anymore...but ill try
    I certainly wouldn't expect you to change, bro. For what it's worth I wouldn't want you to either. And it is a tad more unseemly and unbalanced around here these days, isn't it? Just a tad...

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe