Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    GODDESS Junior Poster juliana_dominguez's Avatar

Default Name and Gender Change

hey all! it's been a while since i posted. so well, this friday i will be having my court order date for my name and gender change, this is my first time to be in front of a judge, I am excited that i am getting my new name and my gender changed to a Female, so that i can have a new name and gender on legal documents such as drivers license, ID, passport, etc. I am happy that i am here in American wherein being a transsexual I have rights to change my name and my gender legally unlike from where i was born and grew up, Philippines, wherein we dont have rights like that. I am a bit worried of the questions that the judge might ask me. I heard some cases that they have been rejected because of lack of proof that they had sexual reassignment surgery, Any input from the other girls here? Wish me luck.

mwahs
    Juliana

Hi There : )

First of all, Congradulations!

And second, in the state of california, you will need some proof from a doctor saying that you had SRS in order to change your gender on your birth certificate with social security.

However, you can still get your name changed to whatever you like. ALSO, you can goto the DMV and request the DL328 Form to change your name and gender on your Drivers License/ID without proof of SRS from a doctor.

Good Luck : )

PS. I would recommend the Hollywood DMV and LA Superiour Court House. You will have no hastle getting this taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by AmyDaly

And second, in the state of california, you will need some proof from a doctor saying that you had SRS in order to change your gender on your birth certificate with social security.

However, you can still get your name changed to whatever you like. ALSO, you can goto the DMV and request the DL328 Form to change your name and gender on your Drivers License/ID without proof of SRS from a doctor.

PS. I would recommend the Hollywood DMV and LA Superiour Court House. You will have no hastle getting this taken care of.
    i have my surgeons affidavit or declaration that i had SRS already, and yes, after i get my new name and gender i will be getting my drivers license and social security with my new name and gender. i am not a resident of LA or Hollywood so my court is here in Orange County. What are the questions that the judge asks? so i can prepare and practice in front of the mirror. lol

Default Re: Name and Gender Change

Quote Originally Posted by juliana_dominguez
    hey all! it's been a while since i posted. so well, this friday i will be having my court order date for my name and gender change, this is my first time to be in front of a judge, I am excited that i am getting my new name and my gender changed to a Female, so that i can have a new name and gender on legal documents such as drivers license, ID, passport, etc. I am happy that i am here in American wherein being a transsexual I have rights to change my name and my gender legally unlike from where i was born and grew up, Philippines, wherein we dont have rights like that. I am a bit worried of the questions that the judge might ask me. I heard some cases that they have been rejected because of lack of proof that they had sexual reassignment surgery, Any input from the other girls here? Wish me luck.

mwahs
    Juliana
    Juliana:

Not sure what state you're in but in NJ I was not required to appear in court for my name change. The real work happens after the judgment. Lots of paperwork. Gender change is not addressed in court but on an indivuidual basis with separate agencies, whether state or federal. A letter from your surgeon certifying GRS, the place and date to which the surgery occured is the key to gender change. If you have a well-crafted letter, stating "feminization surgery" AKA FFS but no GRS, you can in some cases get the gender change.

I like your signature, the songs are good.

Default Re: Name and Gender Change

Quote Originally Posted by melissacarter

mwahs
    Juliana
    Juliana:

Not sure what state you're in but in NJ I was not required to appear in court for my name change. The real work happens after the judgment. Lots of paperwork. Gender change is not addressed in court but on an indivuidual basis with separate agencies, whether state or federal. A letter from your surgeon certifying GRS, the place and date to which the surgery occured is the key to gender change. If you have a well-crafted letter, stating "feminization surgery" AKA FFS but no GRS, you can in some cases get the gender change.

I like your signature, the songs are good.
    well on my letter it says "changes her sex characteristics from male to female", yea i know it varies per state, i have researched how it happens here in California. They said that being passable when appearing in front of the judge helps too...

In CA, you will have to goto in front of the judge for name and gender change.

And it sounds like you should be fine for the gender change.

I am not sure on the court location that you have to use, I thought it could be any california court.

I do know that you can goto any DMV and SS Office though. I just went to the Hollywood one to avoid any questions or confusion. I was in and out in like 10 minutes with my new paper ID.

GOOD LUCK!!

My official Adult Blog

http://www.kellypierceblog.com

My Official Blog for my TS Sisters

http://www.secretkelly.com

My official Cam Site

http://www.kellysdreamhouse.com

Veteran Poster

Indeed, good luck.

Both my ex's sailed through the court part... DMV was more of a stickler in one case. Wanted a letter, but you have one that covers it, as far as I can tell.

Sean

Just one more nice guy finishing last...

Rookie Poster

i have my surgeons affidavit or declaration that i had SRS already, and yes, after i get my new name and gender i will be getting my drivers license and social security with my new name and gender. i am not a resident of LA or Hollywood so my court is here in Orange County. What are the questions that the judge asks? so i can prepare and practice in front of the mirror. lol
    I had my name changed in Orange County while pre-op in 2005.

I didn't really have to appear in front of a judge the way you are thinking; basically I went to court and sat in a room with about 50 other people who were getting name changes done. There were 3 women at the front of the room who I do not believe they were judges, but I could be wrong. I think they were just clerks.

They just called names out and handed out the approved name change paper work, then I got to leave. I did not have to say anything.

In CA, you will have to goto in front of the judge for name and gender change.

And it sounds like you should be fine for the gender change.

I am not sure on the court location that you have to use, I thought it could be any california court.

I do know that you can goto any DMV and SS Office though. I just went to the Hollywood one to avoid any questions or confusion. I was in and out in like 10 minutes with my new paper ID.
    yea i know that's something new, that you have to be in front of a judge on a name and gender change. im sure it'll be fine! im excited. finally.