Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is sex power?

Default Re: Is sex power?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Dupre View Post
    That's the resolution and ultimate solution.
    Until then, enjoy the battle for supremacy and see who comes out on top.

As it were.

Right, Nicole?

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Basically. lol

Vasto Lorde Gold Poster Quiet Reflections's Avatar

Money is power. Sex is an added bonus.

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Sexuality is certainly a hugely powerful thing. It is one of the powers that makes the world operate.

There is a song from way back called Love Chronicles by a Scottish singer called Al Stewart - a long, long song - and one of the key junctures in it is how the singer learns the difference between fucking and making love.

Fucking and its variants can be an act of power - in either direction. Sexual relationships often involve a powerplay - with one or other of the partners utilising their sexual allure to wield power over the other. In both the emotional ongoing sense or literally between the sheets. (In literature for instance consider the way the lady in Swann's Way by Marcel Proust totally dominates the consciousness of Swann with her sexual allure. He is "in her power" )

In the more literal domain, does a submissive in either S&M or in the sense that ponyboy asked at the start of this thread ever really submit to another - or is it a sort of consensual dance, the notion of the surrender of one's own self to the power of another. I think its a sham. Real powerplay in sex like this is when you literally have no control over the partner who wants to dominate you. This is verging on and often becomes rape - which is not really about sex but is about violence and power.

As both Nicole and Robert louis suggest that which resolves this and places a sharing of power between partners is when sexual relations become an act of lovemaking. The power is shared. This is sex at its most powerful. The power to take us to a place of mutual and wonderful magic and pleasure.

mmmmm beefy Platinum Poster rockabilly's Avatar

I dunno but when i'm havin sex I feel like Superman

Vasto Lorde Gold Poster Quiet Reflections's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
    I dunno but when i'm havin sex I feel like Superman
    You mean you were only good during the golden age and during recent stories you are vastly over powered

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quiet Reflections View Post
    You mean you were only good during the golden age and during recent stories you are vastly over powered
    No...He's still wearing his underpants!

I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

Quote Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
    Sexuality is certainly a hugely powerful thing. It is one of the powers that makes the world operate.

There is a song from way back called Love Chronicles by a Scottish singer called Al Stewart - a long, long song - and one of the key junctures in it is how the singer learns the difference between fucking and making love.

Fucking and its variants can be an act of power - in either direction. Sexual relationships often involve a powerplay - with one or other of the partners utilising their sexual allure to wield power over the other. In both the emotional ongoing sense or literally between the sheets. (In literature for instance consider the way the lady in Swann's Way by Marcel Proust totally dominates the consciousness of Swann with her sexual allure. He is "in her power" )

In the more literal domain, does a submissive in either S&M or in the sense that ponyboy asked at the start of this thread ever really submit to another - or is it a sort of consensual dance, the notion of the surrender of one's own self to the power of another. I think its a sham. Real powerplay in sex like this is when you literally have no control over the partner who wants to dominate you. This is verging on and often becomes rape - which is not really about sex but is about violence and power.

As both Nicole and Robert louis suggest that which resolves this and places a sharing of power between partners is when sexual relations become an act of lovemaking. The power is shared. This is sex at its most powerful. The power to take us to a place of mutual and wonderful magic and pleasure.
    ....contd p94. Sorry chum, couldn't resist.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Junior Member Rookie Poster TS_fairy's Avatar

Depends on how big the batteries.

Junior Poster

One of the times that I enjoyed sex most of all was when I was completely dominated and treated rough in the bedroom, but afterwards, he pampered me and treated like a princess. During the sex, I felt that he was degrading me but in reality, I think he was saying "I am the boss and satisfy me, and if you do, I will look after you", because afterwards he treated me like I was the most valuable thing in the world. It was fantastic.

You're too big. no .... oh.. awl..