Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Default Does the Holiday season depress you ?

Unreal another year gone by so quick. I hate being single especially during the holidays its such an empty feeling. No significant other no family. XMAS shopping, New Years Eve Stress help !

How do most pull thru this time of the year ?

Professional Poster EyeCumInPiece's Avatar

I fuckin hate it. This year im particularly pissed cuz im low on funds and cant splurge on the family like i usually do.

"I used to say that politics was the second oldest profession, and I have come to know that it bears a gross similarity to the first."
    -Ronald Reagan

Professional Poster

Give yourself to the less fortunate...give your time to any number of organizations that could help others. It WILL make you feel better. There is no reason why this time of year has to be about spending money and getting material objects to feel better when its all about giving to others. We have all year to give to ourselves, there are many who go all year hungry or without a visit (elderly)...or children with terminal disease who need a big brother.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by EyeCumInPiece
    I fuckin hate it. This year im particularly pissed cuz im low on funds and cant splurge on the family like i usually do.
    Do what i do for family...i cook them a good meal...drink wine and tell them I love them.

It didn't used to, but I lost about 13 friends and family in the last 2 years, so it certainly is this time around.

Just because you don't know about it, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist: http://www.hungangels.com/board/view...=asc&start=158

Junior Poster

ONLY FINANCIALLY !

Rookie Poster

Default watch this video

This helps to put things into perspective - the Advent conspiracy

[/url]

5 Star Poster

no i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Veteran Poster

Been pretty grim for me for a few years. A lot of medical stuff for friends and haven't been in a real relationship for a while.

I haven't done the volunteer thing for a while but it is a good idea and it does help. Gives a reason to talk with and interact with folks.

Doesn't help late at night though...

I found finding music that makes me feel better and just overplaying it all the time has helped get me through the holidays before. That and changing the aroma in the house surprisingly helped... food scented candles turned out to be useful... who knew.

Sean

Just one more nice guy finishing last...

Junior Poster

I'm not looking forward to this year's season. This'll be the my first christmas since my mom passed away, thanksgiving was barely enjoyable and I can only imagine that xmas will be worse.

If I knew it was gonna be this kind of party, I'd'a stick my dick in the mashed potatoes!