Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional Poster

Default Walmart worker trampled on Black Friday..

Rookie Poster

sums up the compulsive nature of America. Poor guy was just doing his job making that minimum wage to put food on the table and those greedy s.o.b's. couldnt wait a minute to save a few bucks on their tv or whatever. damn shame!

Professional Poster

Its terrible people lose sight of whats important, and what isn't... Apparantly a few bucks off a microwave was more important to some than stepping over the body of a dying man during the holiday season.

Rookie Poster

like George Carlin said, the new American pastime is buyin' things. fuck baseball its shopping

Professional Poster

^^Carlin is the best..god rest his pessimistic, brilliant soul

I go to work in the wee hours and stop at a convenience store across from a Kohl's department store. At 2:00 AM the shopping addicts were already lining up in the freezing cold. Just after noon, I-95 and all the feeder roads to the mall and attached plazas were packed with slow-moving traffic.

RECESSION, PEOPLE! PAY YOUR =OLD= BILLS BEFORE FIRING UP THE NEW ONES!

Oh, and one more thing, try not to kill anyone while you shop, y'greedy, materialistic, bahstids.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Nobody's making them pay the "Old Debt" first....therefore, according to the moron logic of the American consumer...they don't exist!

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CORVETTEDUDE
    Nobody's making them pay the "Old Debt" first....therefore, according to the moron logic of the American consumer...they don't exist!
    Well put.

When I first saw this news I was expecting it to be a little old frail "granny or retarded" Walmart greeter but the body on the floor showed a pretty big guy (more a security guard blocker ... than a chaser). They had to be doing some pretty big stepping to get on top of that dude.

Gold Poster

Well said, Corvette, and Bearded-One!

One would think -- WOULD THINK! -- that with the economy wading in waters it hasn't experienced in some 80 years, AND hearing or seeing firsthand fellow Americans losing their homes and jobs, that these idgits would show some restraint right now on their consumption, and maybe -- JUST MAYBE -- try to adopt a concept seemingly foreign to many Americans called SAVING(s) and restraint. The high gas prices of a few months ago bitch-slapped the majority of Americans to forcibly cut back on their driving, and now we are collectively seeing the benefit of economizing exhibited in the current price at the pump which is likely linked to lower overall demand. One would think that the anxiety that high gas prices brought literally in our collective rear view mirror right now, that people would take some pause today and say, "Fuck it! The economy might get a lot worse before it gets better. I better hold back. How bad do I really need that new TV or pair of designer shoes?". That isn't the case, though. It's, get in line mindless little robots and consume, consume, consume. Fuck that low wage temporary worker in our way, we are here to consume, consume, consume; whether we need the item(s) or not.

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious ... He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed ... Albert Einstein

Professional Poster

Did they all want to buy a Turbo Man?