Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Skin care recommendations?

I'd especially like to hear from some of the girls but guys can respond too. What products do you use to take care of your skin? What kind of a skin care routine do you have? What works for you and what doesn't? What do you use for shave bumps, wrinkles, acne, and the like?

I use Lubriderm lotion on my legs and hands. I use antibump bikini zone shaving gel for shaving my body and legs. I use Dove soap for general cleansing. I use Witch Hazel as my toner/cleaner. I try to do a facial mask at least twice a week. And I use antibump aftershave gel.

Some days and weeks are better then others for smooth clear skin. There are about a million antiwrinkle, antiacne, anti whatever lotions and treatments out there but I can't get a solid feel for what really works and what is just BS advertising.

Please post your opinions.

Ashlee

ummmmm what? sorry. Shes keeping me occupied.

as metrosexual as this will sound, I have a 1 1/2 skin care routine at night.

1)i cleanse my face with a basic liquid soap called Tolsom. (tip: avoid bar soaps on your face)
    2) insert shaving on days I need to be extra clean)
    3) I use an acne porduct called clear.now (similar to proactive, but less expensive) it has a scrub, toner, and lotion. (tip: avoid alcohol as a cleanser. Look for products containing salicylic acid)
    4)Shower with Old spice body wash
    5) I use a sugar scrup I buy from a local jamaican lady. Its good for getting all the dead skin
    5) I use cocoa butter to even out my skin all over( i go through this like water)

add that to my bi weekly manicure and pedicure, Im like 1 push from snapping in a circle.

blckhaze- A quickie in the back of a carriage going around Central park south

RubyTS- been there done that :P

Silver Poster

I use Baby Oil (Johnsons w/ Vit. E and Aloe) almost every day.

As far as shaving I have a now 3 year old Remington that doesn't hold a charge well anymore, but the reason I can't bear to part with it is because since the blade has been well used, it doesn't cut as close as a brand new razor, therefore I get no razor bumps. Unfortunately, "The closest shave a man can get" theory isn't really good for black men.

ummmmm what? sorry. Shes keeping me occupied.

Quote Originally Posted by ARMANIXXX

As far as shaving I have a now 3 year old Remington that doesn't hold a charge well anymore, but the reason I can't bear to part with it is because since the blade has been well used, it doesn't cut as close as a brand new razor, therefore I get no razor bumps. Unfortunately, "The closest shave a man can get" theory isn't really good for black men.

salicylic acid. Razor bumps are nothing but infected pores (like a pimple).

blckhaze- A quickie in the back of a carriage going around Central park south

RubyTS- been there done that :P

Professional Poster

Obagi, Tretinoin cream, and a green tea moisturizer.

Rookie Poster

I feel nutragena works the best for me. As far as shaving is concerned I like to really lather up with hair conditioner just before I use a really good razor. I find I dont get much for ingrown hairs or rashes
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image_160_918.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	151.2 KB 
ID:	210803  

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by blckhaze
    Quote Originally Posted by ARMANIXXX

salicylic acid. Razor bumps are nothing but infected pores (like a pimple).

Yes, but it's a little bit more than that. The hair is actually growing the wrong way, into your skin. I don't get them often, but when I do, I have to locate and tweeze the hair out.

I use one skin scare system and one only- Obagi Nu-Derm , it is doctor prescribed and only available through a dermatologist or skin doctor.

http://www.obagisale.com/obaginudermguide.php

I recommend this line of products after a lifetime of using what I thought was the best including Clinique and Estee Lauder. Obagi's Nu-derm system rebuilds skin on a cellular level, and I know that sounds like a commercial, but I'm telling you it really works. In addition to a shedding of dead skin it bleaches and clarifies. Your skin undergoes a transformation and for the first eight to ten weeks your skin actually looks worse- reddens and often a lot of flaking. When I first began using it my co-workers would laugh at me and say, "stay away, she's flaking!"

It's ridiculously expensive, I spend about $700- $900 a year on all the stuff, including foaming gel cleanser, toner, clearing Hydroquinone lotion, exoderm (exfoliant), tretinoin bleaching lotion and SPF 35 moisturizing lotion.

SPF is crucial, do not tan, that is the worst thing you can do to your skin, protect & moisturize always.

As for body, moisturize with a dermatologist recommended non-perfume lotion only. I use Eucerin, it is the best in my opinion. Also, drink tons of water it is always best to moisturize from within.

Hey girl...

I know how hard all that it's for you , I have some advise myself .

When it comes to wash my face I use the Olay Dual Action with cucumber extract and then after I exfoliate my skin with the Olay daily regenerating cleanser and after use hydrate with Mac Hydrating Lotion.

I use mineral make up and it helps.

When I do my legs after rinsing with warm water I put on baby oil and leave it for a few minutes then I use a damp hot towel to remove the oil and after it's dry use my favorite lotion, baby lotion. It leaves my skin so smooth !

Another tip for those razor bumps in either in you face or legs you may try this product, it helps a lot , well it worked for my hubby and it worked for me especially in the bikini area.

Best luck..!!!!

"I used to dream, it became a reality. Now the reality it feels like a dream..." You are who you truly believe you are, I am now the one my mirror reflected .

Hey girl...

I know how hard all that it's for you , I have some advise myself .

When it comes to wash my face I use the Olay Dual Action with cucumber extract and then after I exfoliate my skin with the Olay daily regenerating cleanser and after use hydrate with Mac Hydrating Lotion.

I use mineral make up and it helps.

When I do my legs after rinsing with warm water I put on baby oil and leave it for a few minutes then I use a damp hot towel to remove the oil and after it's dry use my favorite lotion, baby lotion. It leaves my skin so smooth !

Another tip for those razor bumps in either in you face or legs you may try this product, it helps a lot , well it worked for my hubby and it worked for me especially in the bikini area.

Best luck..!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

"I used to dream, it became a reality. Now the reality it feels like a dream..." You are who you truly believe you are, I am now the one my mirror reflected .