Default the blackberry storm

blows ur crappy iphones away

http://estore.vzwshop.com/storm/?cid=BAC-prodrsch

getting mine in a week

Senior Member Professional Poster luv4Tgirls's Avatar

I want one

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by hingshing
    i just watched the guided tour in the link you provided, and i gotta say as an iphone user, its a pretty cool phone however im not very impressed, for the most part it does everything the iphone does but in a 2nd rate way. Granted its got a few things that it does that beats the iphone like the better camera and it can take video and send mms texts, all 3 things that im sure will be available on the next version of the iphone in a far superior way. But the big picture that most of you non iphone users aren't getting is the apps. Its all about the apps.
    You don't know blackberries very well if you think there are no apps around. Because the platform has been around longer there are tons more apps.

What exactly does it do in a second rate way? I know the keyboard is leaps and bounds better (I actually had a storm demo phone for a week recently). It still blows the iPhone away as far as security and messaging which is why the iPhone and made no inroads into the corporate marketplace The Sorm as a good move by RIM to moe more into the consumer market with a real multimedia phone and they have done a bang up job so far.

If the iPhone was so good here wouldn't be class action suits against Apple right now due to the cracked housing and crappy 3G capability.

Don't knock the new device until you try it.

I grabbed the 2nd Iphone upgrading from my trusted Palm Treo I had, I was wary of and still don't like the limited capabilities on the Iphone of some features that have always come standard on Palm and Blackberry devices. I personally have gone with Palm over the Blackberry but I do admit the Blackberry client base is on lock and this new Storm does exactly what they want + so much more. Blackberry has always been big on apps as well as Palm. I've looked at the specs of the "Storm" and if I had Verizon this would be the phone to have as I do think it's superior in many critical areas. The only cons I have with the "Storm" is the lack of wi-fi and small memory size (yes, I'm aware that you can purchase additional memory).

Im waiting for C/Net to give an extensive hands on review, I would like to see how the internet experince really is, not just how the company tries to sell it. I doubt the 3rd Iphone will fix issues I dislike with it. I've also played with a couple phones that have the "Touch Feedback" ability and it's very awesome and will serve "Storm" well.

Grooby, Your My Hero!!!

www.tgirlbeauty.com
    www.blacktgirlsluts.com
    www.shemalebondagevideo.com

Positivity is Prosperity, Negativity is 360 and it comes back Eventually!

Junior Poster

Well, I'm a Crackberry user and am relatively happy with the phone, but my big issue with it is that the web browser is incapable of displaying a website without reformatting it. Hopefully the new phones are better (mine is only just over a year old), but the IPhone seemes to have crackberry beat hands down on this one.

I never been an "Apple Guy" always went the windows route because of the flexibility with hardware and software. I know Apple people love thier computers so with this in mind I decided to give the Iphone a try. I love this phone now, my friend bought a blackberry at the same time I got the iphone and now whenever we are together and she needs to look something up on the internet or get directions or a phone number she asks me to use my Iphone because it is so much easier to use. I tease her all the time about it.
    Also 99% of my apps that I use are free.
    Just my thoughts on this. I know Everybody has different tastes.

Platinum Poster

i thought it had wifi? in the intro it showed the storm hooked to a laptop so u could use the phone as modem

im not a comp nerd at all so if i got that wrong... explain plz

Junior Poster

i have verizon and was trying to decide what i want to get when my contract is up in february and was looking at the lg voyager or something else with a touchscreen but they didn't have great reviews so i figure i'll just go all out and get this.

Quote Originally Posted by tsntx
    i thought it had wifi? in the intro it showed the storm hooked to a laptop so u could use the phone as modem

Ok, Wifi allows you to access the internet through a wireless network as opposed to using a cellular signal to access the internet. Starbucks has WiFi in their shops. So say for instance you are in a Starbucks and you have a very week cell phone signal, you would be able to surf the net using the WiFi instead.
    The second thing you brought up is connecting the phone to a laptop. This is called tethering. Basically what it does is allow the laptop to use your cell phone as a modem. You have to have a signal for this to work.

You won't need WiFi as much if you consistently have a very good 3G cell phone signal but if you don't the WiFi comes in handy.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by barefootjoe69
    Quote Originally Posted by tsntx

Ok, Wifi allows you to access the internet through a wireless network as opposed to using a cellular signal to access the internet. Starbucks has WiFi in their shops. So say for instance you are in a Starbucks and you have a very week cell phone signal, you would be able to surf the net using the WiFi instead.
    The second thing you brought up is connecting the phone to a laptop. This is called tethering. Basically what it does is allow the laptop to use your cell phone as a modem. You have to have a signal for this to work.

You won't need WiFi as much if you consistently have a very good 3G cell phone signal but if you don't the WiFi comes in handy.

Hope this helps.
    Plus Wi-fi is faster than 3G which is very helpful when there is a Hotspot. If I'm not at home or in hotel I turn 'Wi-fi' to save battery energy. Prior to getting the Iphone I would have never considered Wi-fi to be a 'make or break' feature, but now that I have it and use it quite often I could never go w/o it.

Still if you already have Verizon, the Storm is THE phone to have. I've played with the Voyager and wasn't impressed, I've never been a big fan of LG. I do like that you can change the battery yourself with the 'Storm', I much rather keep an extra battery in a pocket than what Im forced to do and carry a charger cable everywhere I go.

If you have the option to choose your carrier then go with the service and phone that works best for You. I ride my motorcycle nearly everyday, so being able to have 14gb of HD space on the Iphone is a big + and don't have to worry about carrying multiple devices. I've had the same plan for 6 years now $50 unlimited voice + $30 unlimited data so I have a better deal than a lot of Iphone users. Verizon may offer better plans and pretty much has the better coverage for 3G.

Grooby, Your My Hero!!!

www.tgirlbeauty.com
    www.blacktgirlsluts.com
    www.shemalebondagevideo.com

Positivity is Prosperity, Negativity is 360 and it comes back Eventually!