Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: repeal prop 8

Default repeal prop 8

I don't know if this has already been posted.

http://www.couragecampaign.org/page/s/repealprop8

There is also this option if you want to express yourself a different way and boycott businesses that supported prop 8.

http://antigayblacklist.com/

"Friends don't let friends drink and post"

Professional Poster francisfkudrow's Avatar

On the petition, is this one of those things where they only want California residents to sign, or is it free to anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by francisfkudrow
    On the petition, is this one of those things where they only want California residents to sign, or is it free to anyone?
    I didn't find anything specific to say that its for California residents only but i have to assume that it is. They are asking for a zipcode so it might be used to justifiy another process. I talked to my wife about it, she's been heavily involved in other propositions and she says it might have something to do with an upcoming court battle since its also asking for contributions.

My opinion is that propostion 8 was morally subjective and intellectually dishonest or to put it another way "just plain stupid and ignorant".

The second link give you an opportunity to boycott businesses etc.

Conservative groups including the Mormon Church caught a lot of people by suprise, thats not going to happen again.

Default I DONT SEE IT!

I live in california and voted NO on prop 8 but Im very disturbed.
    Disturbed by the behavior of the people that want this overturned.
    They have gone to the extreme measure of mailing lists of people who donated to YES ON 8 to be retaliated against I guess.
    I dont support discrimintion but this thing has been voted down several times.
    And now people are going to the courts to over turn the will of the people?
    This is not good business people.
    I support gay people but this "movement" that is happening is a little wacko to me.
    To me gay people SHOULD be more worried about all the homeless gay youth in san francisco that they STEP OVER going about their business.
    Gay people should be worried about stopping violence and harassment
    against gays and workplace discrimination.
    Gays should be EVEN more concerned about the unsafe sex going on in MY CITY san francisco at all these sex parties and bath houses of which there are MANY in san francisco.
    To me thats what they need to get mad about FIRST and THEN gay marriage.

Default Re: I DONT SEE IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Solitary Brother
    They have gone to the extreme measure of mailing lists of people who donated to YES ON 8 to be retaliated against I guess.
    I support gay people but this "movement" that is happening is a little wacko to me.
    To me gay people SHOULD be more worried about all the homeless gay youth in san francisco that they STEP OVER going about their business.
    Gays should be EVEN more concerned about the unsafe sex going on in MY CITY san francisco at all these sex parties and bath houses of which there are MANY in san francisco.
    Looks like it will be going to court very soon.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/po...,6640028.story

As far as "retaliation" then I guess it could be said that the "Montgomery Bus Boycott" that started in 1955 was a type of unfair retaliation also.

People have a right to vote and give donations to any cause. I have a right to be informed and not do business with anybody I don't want to.

Default Re: I DONT SEE IT!

Quote Originally Posted by joyboy123
    Quote Originally Posted by Solitary Brother
    Looks like it will be going to court very soon.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/po...,6640028.story

As far as "retaliation" then I guess it could be said that the "Montgomery Bus Boycott" that started in 1955 was a type of unfair retaliation also.

People have a right to vote and give donations to any cause. I have a right to be informed and not do business with anybody I don't want to.
    What the fuck did you say?
    How can you say NOT riding a fucking bus is unfair retaliation?
    You need to pull your fucking head out of your asshole.

This "gay mafia" that we are seeing with this prop 8 thing will backfire.