Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rookie Poster

Mitch worked so well with Jimi and in my opinion was really part of Jimi's creative force. Mitch was very jazz influenced and it came out in his playing. I don't think the late Buddy Miles ever came close to the skills of Mitchell. I was glad when Jimi brought Mitch back into the band at the end in 1969.Just listen to Dolly Dagger from Jimi's last lp. Mitch is soaring!! R.I.P.

Junior Poster

This totally sucks. I was never into the "best" thing. Too subjective, but sadly you don't get the creative, hyper-kinetic Keith Moon/Mitch Mitchell thing anymore. Loved it. They're all gone... Shit.

GHB

Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

It's hard to feel too sad for the guy. He certainly earned himself some bragging rights. I can just imagine the conversation as he enters the After Life:

"What did you do with your life? Doctor? Lawyer? Something like that?"

"No, I played drums for Jimi Hendrix."

The collective souls in heaven all whistle softly and mutter "damnnnn. . ."

RIP, Mitch.

Yeah He & Moon were the best of that era. I played drums then & Mitch was my biggest influence, pushed me towards the jazzier style of playing. So much better than the others then, was really saddened when I saw that obit on the subway today. They're all gone.....

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by El_hefe
    Yeah He & Moon were the best of that era. I played drums then & Mitch was my biggest influence, pushed me towards the jazzier style of playing. So much better than the others then, was really saddened when I saw that obit on the subway today. They're all gone.....

Two of the greats, Moon and Mitchell. I believe there is a movie coming out next year about K. Moon with Mike Myers in the lead role?

"I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick"

Junior Poster

Oh shit!

I logged on to get hot and bothered only to see this... I hadn't heard he died.

I'll just add that of the ROCK drummers from the sixties through seventies, two stand out as the tastiest, one was Mitch Mitchell, and the other was Brian Downey of Thin Lizzy. Listen to his drum work on Thin Lizzy's Bad Reputation album. Phenomenal.

Ginger Baker maybe a close third. Moon, Bonham and yes, Lombardo later on, were all great "heavy" drummers. They had (have) none of the finesse that Mitchell and Downey possessed. Just my humble opinion.

RIP man...

The gurlz, m, mm, mmm. They are quite special, aren't they...

omg I thought this said Mandy Mitchell I about cried, I would of been so sad.

I mean of course this guy dying is sad to but you know lol

My official Adult Blog

http://www.kellypierceblog.com

My Official Blog for my TS Sisters

http://www.secretkelly.com

My official Cam Site

http://www.kellysdreamhouse.com

Junior Poster

You don't have to play anymore. Just sample someone elses music and release a single.
    I have many fave drummers, but Lenny White from Return to Forever was my fave.

I agree that "Fire", might be the best showcase for Mitch. RIP

Mitch was actually a phenomenal drummer, mixing rock and Jazz. i understand he even played with Miles Davis