Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Platinum Poster

Default The Center Left Nation

"On issue after issue, moderates stand with liberals, not conservatives. This is a center-left nation.

Republicans are not only an aging, monochromatic, regional minority party. They not only must now suffer the circular firing squad that follows defeat. They not only struggle to find a compelling leader or a relevant agenda. They swim against the tide. They are a largely conservative party in a center-left nation. Obama's mandate is clear. And they'd be well advised to get out of the way."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert..._b_143159.html

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Chef, are you sure that you are really not Arianna in disguise?

Quote Originally Posted by sexyshana
    what difference does it make if she is a club kid or not, she looks good and in the end we were all boys at one time no? she looks great, enjoy it!
    buy her tits if you would rather she had some.
    BEEP BEEP!

Let me simplify this for you, America is simply a mess lol. Part of the problem is attempting to push everyone into either left, right or center. They are not truly accurate depictions, and tend to herd people together that might agree on somethings but vehemently disagree on others.

For instance, the religious nuts tend to like big government social programs (God's command to help thy neighbor) they just want to also use the government to butt into your private life and make sure you don't disobey their flying/omnipotent Judeo-Christian God and therefore aren't sent to the center of the earth to be tortured for all eternity. So there they fit in great with "liberals" on economic policy.

The "liberals" obviously hate the push to impose religious rule and want everyone to be free to fuck whom they want, abort what they want, etc. They just happen to think that as far as property goes they can always use your property better than you can. Also they tend do get down with the notion of imposing government to stamp out speech or actions which they think are contrary to their agenda (here they are in line once again with the God nuts).

So basically now we have identified the collectivists, the people that want to impose their endless will upon you through the provisions of law... They just happen to disagree at times with each other as to what code they should impose and where.

Now we also have the other end of the spectrum, those opposed to using the government to "redistribute" property or to impose moral codes that regulate behavior between consenting adults. Of course there is also at times disagreement over what should or should not exist. Some want to wipe out just about all government, while others want to simply minimize it but keep it out of all decisions that do not involve the rights of a 3rd party.

Last but not least we have the vast majority of all Americans, the ones who go MOOOOOOOO while traveling in their happy little herd. They are not accurately aware of the debate on either end, and keep themselves busy with such hot topics such as "did Brittney show her cooch again getting out of the car?".

Rookie Poster

I like your post. Its pretty much correct. The reason I find myself, as an atheist, voting Republican is twofold:

1.) At least in theory, the Republicans are less instrusive on my pocketbook which is my #1 source of individual freedom and choice. This was true of Reagan and was true of Bush Jr. Unfortunately Bush Jr., by failing to cut spending, may have simply bought me for a few years at a hefty cost down the road(ie now).

2.) The second reason is that I fail to understand how religious conservatives can legislate most of their agenda from the federal level. Simply put, it can't be, particularly when you have strict constitutionalists like Thomas and Scalia on the bench. I LOL at those on the left that have such venom towards these two when you consider that these two are the staunchest supporters of constitutionally protected individuals rights on the Supreme Court. The only issue that can really be resolved in favor of the religious right on the federal level is the abortion issue. However, even if Roe vs. Wade was overturned, abortion would still be legal in over 40 states. As a side note to this, the very liberal city councils in San Francisco, Santa Monica, and Los Angeles have constructed a number of social oriented, horribly restrictive and even unconstitutional laws that are invasive and represive. I'll also note that some of these laws were already overturned by the California Supreme Court.

Quote Originally Posted by NYBURBS
    Let me simplify this for you, America is simply a mess lol. Part of the problem is attempting to push everyone into either left, right or center. They are not truly accurate depictions, and tend to herd people together that might agree on somethings but vehemently disagree on others.

For instance, the religious nuts tend to like big government social programs (God's command to help thy neighbor) they just want to also use the government to butt into your private life and make sure you don't disobey their flying/omnipotent Judeo-Christian God and therefore aren't sent to the center of the earth to be tortured for all eternity. So there they fit in great with "liberals" on economic policy.

The "liberals" obviously hate the push to impose religious rule and want everyone to be free to fuck whom they want, abort what they want, etc. They just happen to think that as far as property goes they can always use your property better than you can. Also they tend do get down with the notion of imposing government to stamp out speech or actions which they think are contrary to their agenda (here they are in line once again with the God nuts).

So basically now we have identified the collectivists, the people that want to impose their endless will upon you through the provisions of law... They just happen to disagree at times with each other as to what code they should impose and where.

Now we also have the other end of the spectrum, those opposed to using the government to "redistribute" property or to impose moral codes that regulate behavior between consenting adults. Of course there is also at times disagreement over what should or should not exist. Some want to wipe out just about all government, while others want to simply minimize it but keep it out of all decisions that do not involve the rights of a 3rd party.

Last but not least we have the vast majority of all Americans, the ones who go MOOOOOOOO while traveling in their happy little herd. They are not accurately aware of the debate on either end, and keep themselves busy with such hot topics such as "did Brittney show her cooch again getting out of the car?".

Think...while it's still legal!

John Ellis Bush in 2012!

Professional Poster

center left? the democrats would probably considered to be center right anywhere else in the world

Elvis: I was dreamin'. Dreamin' my dick was out and I was checkin' to see if that infected bump on the head of it had filled with pus again. If it had, I was gonna name it after my ex-wife 'cilla and bust it by jackin' off.

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by guyone
    Think...while it's still legal!
    SMDH...that's a real knee slapper, gumpone!

Especially when you consider that the catchy post comes from the same whiz kid who's signature line reads:

Quote Originally Posted by guyone
    George W. Bush 4 More Years!
    Attaboy, Wilbur!

Nobody can even come up with a common definition of "left" or "right" in a political sense. "Conservative" & "liberal" don't mean much these days either for that matter, but at least they still have dictionary definitions. "left" & "right" are false dichotomies. The only purpose of either term is use as an epithet.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by hippifried
    Nobody can even come up with a common definition of "left" or "right" in a political sense. "Conservative" & "liberal" don't mean much these days either for that matter, but at least they still have dictionary definitions. "left" & "right" are false dichotomies. The only purpose of either term is use as an epithet.
    I see where you're coming from. But as far as "the right" in America are concerned and who they are, I damn sure know shit when I step in it.

Quote Originally Posted by chefmike
    I damn sure know shit when I step in it.
    Well, from your pic, I figured you'd know it by sniffing it, rolling in it, eating it, rummaging in the garbage for dessert, & washing it all down with a drink from the toilet... ~werd~ (love that avatar)

But maybe you're talking about these guys?
    http://adultthought.ucsd.edu/Culture...n_Taliban.html

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~