Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have work for companies that range from small (20 employees) to enterprises (137k employees) and they have there downsides. I now work for a firm with 18 employees and love it. I can do something different (outside of my normal area) if I just ask, so there ia something new to try. I would not change what I do for anything. Like any job, there are bad days or problems. In a whole I'm extremely happy!

Junior Poster

I like the $$$ I make but I hate what I do.
    To some it is hard but to me it is effortless and mind numbing work. In an industry full of self-righteous millionaires who were pretty much handed their wealth (trust-fund baby's). Makes me work harder and dilligent so one day I can own myself and breakaway from this corporate beast. I'd eventually like to give Seanchi and the Grooby guys a run for their money; getting paid, fucking the finest tranny's, traveling, and toasting tea on the high seas...

Yeah, i'm looking at your titties.

Junior Poster

Default I Love My Job

I love my job. It is a chosen career I got into at 35 while I was working a secure Government job that I HATED HATED HATED HATED !!!! My new job is creative I have input into what I do. I feel like I'm playing while I'm at work. I feel like a kid at 39.

Rookie Poster

Love mine....I am a cnc/machinist and own my own custom shop....I make custom Parts all day long and am booked solid for at least a year...I take pride in making high quality and precise parts...I have done work for all kinds of custom bike makers...I did a couple parts for Jesse James...when I lived in Cali...but now its a lot of other custom shops and privateers...I make good coin...and my wife makes good coin...she is a pharmacist...life is good now...dont want it to end.....soon...lol

You would be hard pressed to find anyone who likes their work more than I do. At present, I run an investment company with my wife and best friend. Given that I have always seen things in numeric terms and relish any strategic challenge, there is nothing in this world to which I am better suited. Within the next four years, I’ll even be able to retire to Europe. Not bad considering I was once a homeless street kid and even did time.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Rookie Poster

I love my job. I'm a dj on my local rock station. I work overnight so I'm by myself, basically hanging out and playing music. Plus, tons of free shirts and pizza.

Junior Poster

I like my job.......maybe because I've been self-employed for 25 years,
    and I'm now semi-retired at 51.

Seriously though..we all spend far too much of our life working to continue doing something you hate.

My Dad always talked about what he would do when he retired, but by then (at 65) he wasn't in good health.

Take a chance, and do something that you will love, and do it NOW.

I said I loved my job! Not today! Try explaining to a client why you can't get a twenty-five year only technology to work! I had to sit there and ????? Why can't some businesses change with the times? I even show them a six month roi & 50% cost reduction and they said 'NO do the old way!'

You asked about jobs, Sorry just bitching!

Junior Poster

I'm a physics amanuensis and yes I love my job thus far.