Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Gold Poster

When the following group (pictured [found on a four story building off of Santa Monica Blvd. today]) first toured in Japan some 42 years ago, everything was set at the Buddakan Arena for the making supposedly of a "Live" album and an accompanying video -- VIDEO -- taping of them performing an entire concert. The subdued crowd noise, improved audio recording equipment, and multiple camera shots, assured that posterity would not be denied. Despite all the planning and anticipation that went into the recording and videotaping of this legendary group, they did not consider or could not foresee the wild card in the deck -- their performances. The group simply played terrible for both of their performances there. Though they had their moments, the group's performance simply did not merit a live album for public sale and consumption. Sadly, the opportunity to record an entire concert of theirs never came up again as they stopped performing live a couple of months later upon returning stateside.

What does the previous Beatles anecdote have to do with me taking pageant pictures Sunday night? Nothing, except that they share similar preparation and, unfortunately, a similar outcome.
    Basically, I fucked up in that I prepared so well for this pageant in terms of buying a VIP ticket so I could have a front row seat; purchasing an extra camera battery ($52.00 mind you!) so I could keep the flow going and wouldn't miss any shots; and I sitting near the stage (directly UNDER the lectern) so I could catch every girl at her best.
    What I could not anticipate was where the girls would stop and pose since it seemed that every single one of them had a different idea of how to present themselves. Often, I had my camera focused to one spot, only to have the contestant wisk by it. When those who did walk over to the right front of the stage to execute their three point pose over where I was seated, I would often catch them as they blinked or moved unexpectedly, thereby creating a fuzzy image. Despite being this close to the stage, I also found that my flash was woefully underpowered. There were very few shots I came away comfortable with, this Athena-like image of Yasmin being one of them.
    I am going to send both Yasmin and Juliana the images I do have of them and let them decide what to do with them. It only seems fair after blowing it so much on so many shots.

Overall, I had a great time in Los Angeles once again, but damn how I wished the camera Gods had been with me that night. Had they been, my trip would have been perfect. Grrrrrrrr.

(sigh)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img_0682_142.jpg 
Views:	631 
Size:	206.2 KB 
ID:	209216   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beatlesfront_451.jpg 
Views:	626 
Size:	197.6 KB 
ID:	209217   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beatlesside_156.jpg 
Views:	621 
Size:	159.0 KB 
ID:	209218  

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious ... He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed ... Albert Einstein

Gold Poster

First pic: The woman in the black dress, whose name escapes me at the moment, is playing interpreter for contestant 21 in this pic.

Second: The leggy "Yuri" performing ... that woman's INCREDIBLE legs were on display last night at The Palms also (damn, that place is dark).

Third: Danielle Foxxx performing. I took about six shots of Danielle here, but this is unfortunately my best one. She was just moving way too fast for me to get a good shot.

Name:	dfoxxxper_251.jpg 
Views:	610 
Size:	145.1 KB 
ID:	209221   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yuripointing_698.jpg 
Views:	607 
Size:	111.6 KB 
ID:	209222   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img_0715_182.jpg 
Views:	609 
Size:	170.5 KB 
ID:	209223  

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious ... He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed ... Albert Einstein

Gold Poster

Dinner time, but before I leave for a bit ...

First pic: More of those scrumptious Yuri legs performing.

Second Pic: Leslie "The Body" Monroy performing.

Third: Felicia handing Danielle her car keys.

(Be back later... )

Name:	felidani_210.jpg 
Views:	598 
Size:	161.5 KB 
ID:	209224   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	leslie1_650.jpg 
Views:	597 
Size:	142.9 KB 
ID:	209225   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yurilegshot_194.jpg 
Views:	593 
Size:	141.9 KB 
ID:	209226  

Veteran Poster

Default hi

here a pic

Name:	jhsf_143.jpg 
Views:	589 
Size:	232.6 KB 
ID:	209235   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kdsl_368.jpg 
Views:	580 
Size:	195.7 KB 
ID:	209236   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tyfd_184.jpg 
Views:	579 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	209237  

We all have something to say. Don't forget that we are a family.

Gold Poster

Hi, Yasmin.

By the way, with the exception of the bad pictures, I completely forgot to mention what a great time I had and how great it was to see everyone again, if only for a few seconds with some. It was great to see 'giXXer', Felicia, Danielle, Willie, Buddy, Bob, et all, again, and finally meet people in person for the first time such as the lovely, sexy 'Juliana' and the gentleman, 'LAGent4TS'.

Let me attempt to continue here...

Gold Poster

Here are some more ...

Name:	opening4_594.jpg 
Views:	554 
Size:	169.6 KB 
ID:	209241   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	opening3_182.jpg 
Views:	553 
Size:	166.7 KB 
ID:	209242   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	opening_734.jpg 
Views:	550 
Size:	183.0 KB 
ID:	209243  

Gold Poster

More ...

Name:	opening7_135.jpg 
Views:	549 
Size:	159.9 KB 
ID:	209244   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	opening6_193.jpg 
Views:	547 
Size:	210.0 KB 
ID:	209245   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	opening5_164.jpg 
Size:	179.4 KB 
ID:	209246  

Gold Poster

More ...

(Yes, that's Vo DeBalm as a presenter in the first picture)

Name:	swim2_137.jpg 
Size:	152.0 KB 
ID:	209247   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swim1_458.jpg 
Views:	545 
Size:	120.4 KB 
ID:	209248   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vo_445.jpg 
Size:	164.9 KB 
ID:	209249  

Gold Poster

Mas ...

Name:	swim5_564.jpg 
Views:	546 
Size:	219.4 KB 
ID:	209250   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swim4_200.jpg 
Views:	548 
Size:	180.9 KB 
ID:	209251   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swim3_196.jpg 
Size:	204.3 KB 
ID:	209252  

Gold Poster

Kenya, last year's winner performs with dancers in tote in the first pic here ...

Name:	gown2_510.jpg 
Views:	537 
Size:	115.1 KB 
ID:	209253   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gown1_728.jpg 
Views:	536 
Size:	190.3 KB 
ID:	209254   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kenya1_200.jpg 
Views:	537 
Size:	160.9 KB 
ID:	209255