Junior Poster

Default A *great* movie from Brazil: "Elite Squad"

This is the best film I've seen in many years. Unbelievable action in the favelas; crisp and memorable dialogue even in translation; deep and memorable characters.

"Elite Squad" is "The Shield" on steroids and that's a beautiful idea. Elite Squad steps up with the best and bravest take on (know-nothing) lefty politics I've seen since the original Dirty Harry.

I'd love to hear what our Brazilian members (esp. Rio based) have to say about it.

I seen this and thought it was so-so but I had had a few ales and will need to watch it again. Have you seen 'Citade de Deus' (City of God) It is about life (and death) in that particular favela and a superb movie IMHO.
    Muito bom.

A woman is just a woman but a shemale is a good smoke!

Professional Poster

It was pretty good. From the accounts from Brasilians I know, BOPE is just as corrupt as the regular police force though. And the favelas really are that dangerous and squalor ridden.

Shush girl, shut your lips
    Do the Helen Keller and talk with your hips

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by emmettray
    I seen this and thought it was so-so but I had had a few ales and will need to watch it again. Have you seen 'Citade de Deus' (City of God) It is about life (and death) in that particular favela and a superb movie IMHO.
    Muito bom.
    yeah, i thought city of god was much better