Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

She sings, she acts, she's a make-up artist, is there anything this woman can't do? I think your singing is top notch, very impressive. It's not the sort of music I listen too, but I've been told hundreds of times that I listen to lousy music, so that's a compliment.

Your picture/avatar on the myspace page kicks ass, too. Good to see you posting on this hellhole of a forum again.

Rookie Poster

Danielle, your picture in this thread, isn't that the IHOP in West Hollywood?

I only helped a little with the lyrics. all the real talent in setting them to music and bringing them to life is Danielles!!

FK
    PS, I will be at the Pageant, but out of the spotlight, to support her, the girls and the community. If you see me, please say hi.

Junior Poster

Danielle, i love everything u do, but i think this needs more work...

sorry if i'm being harsh

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia Katt
    I only helped a little with the lyrics. all the real talent in setting them to music and bringing them to life is Danielles!!

FK
    PS, I will be at the Pageant, but out of the spotlight, to support her, the girls and the community. If you see me, please say hi.
    Awesome job with the lyrics Felicia!

Cool tattoo Danielle!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tyrone biggums
    Danielle, i love everything u do, but i think this needs more work...

sorry if i'm being harsh
    Not at all, I appreciate the feed-back and understand that if I were to walk into Capital Records with this they would sorta laugh... maybe squirt a little pee on their underpants... ok fine, they would roll on the floor laughing.

It's just a demo. I did it all on my own. I am looking for someone to produce it, make it pro.

I wasn't going for Opera or Broadway anytime soon, but I do give private shower concerts to Felicia when she is doing her makeup while I am in the bath. Tee hee

Quote Originally Posted by macjay18
    my synopsis of your single "man toy" would be that firstly i like your voice, it is quite seductive really, but the song doesnt indicate great of musical talent but doesnt indicate a lack of it either. I would love to hear a song where you try to hit more difficult notes and executing vocal range parameters. Like I said you have a great voice- absolutely no masculinity to it at all and sweet sounding.
    Thank you Simon Cowel

double post

Veteran Poster

I really hope I'm not being an asshole about this but I have a few bits of criticism (hopefully constructive), for the song. Most of them are production and recording related.

The vocals feel kinda pitchy, you aren't hitting the notes bang-on, you're sounding a bit flat and your voice sounds like it's wavering a bit. You'll need to tighten them up, because at the moment the backing track and your vox aren't really in that sweet spot, where both harmonize perfectly.

I feel like you're going for a Kylie Minogue sound, what you notice when you hear her songs is that the vocals are layered and overdubbed mercilessly in post-production, giving her voice an extremely filled out sound, I assume that's what you'll be doing if you're looking to sell this song as a finished product.

I think at the moment the song on its own feels a bit sparse, it needs something to fill it out, which is where the filled out vocal production comes in. I think those little background echo vocals are a bit cliche and maybe need to be ornamented, maybe layered and harmonized and extended to give them some sort of character, otherwise get rid of them and put in an instrumental hook that compliments your voice. The backing track feels a bit hollow too but that's owing to low-fi production, considering this was done at home on a Mac. As a person who has done the cheap home recording I can sympathize with the dilemma wherein there's only so much "oomph" you can get out of a cheap amplifier and a weak-sauce microphone.

On the good I really like the way the chorus is structured, the deep reverberating synth hook after you say "bad boy" or "man toy", is a nice little touch. On the whole the song's a pretty cute little club pop tune. It needs some work but none of the problems I see are related to the songwriting just the limited nature of the production and recording.

What's Bruce Lee's favourite drink? Wataaahhhhh!!

Quote Originally Posted by lupinIII
    I really hope I'm not being an asshole about this but I have a few bits of criticism (hopefully constructive), for the song. Most of them are production and recording related.
    Thank you so much for all the technical input. It's really helpful. I would love to someday sit in a studio and learn how to do it. I have always loved music production.

Quote Originally Posted by NiceBod
    Danielle, your picture in this thread, isn't that the IHOP in West Hollywood?
    Elementary my dear Watson!

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia Katt

FK
    She only says that because she brings her own spot light with her.

Quote Originally Posted by lofty2020
    sounds pretty good .. add some backing vocals, a screaming electric guitar solo .. and a beefier bass line... rock it a lil vocals are very sexxy
    That is what a envisioned for this song, totally read my mind