Default Food for thought

I've noticed a lot of people labeling Ron Paul supporters as nut jobs and wackos. So I thought I'd pull together some of the videos that are out there relating to the issues we (Ron Paul supporters) tend to speak and care about. Included in these videos are some interviews with Peter Schiff, whom everyone also laughed at... that is until what he had been predicting started to come true. So if you want to disagree with a platform, at least educate yourself about it first:

Some stuff from the 2008 Primary Campaign:

Peter Schiff:

These are just some videos I pooled together, I'd encourage people to watch and listen to what is said. This election is over but the issues we face aren't going away.

Platinum Poster

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Platinum Poster

I also thought that he made a fool of himself on "Morning Joe' on MSNBC. If you want to align yourself with someone who is cozy with batshit crazy Alex Jones and The John Birch Society you certainly have the right. I don't intend to waste a second listening to Ron Paul bloviate, unless I need a laugh.

Platinum Poster

Ron Paul Doesn't Believe In Evolution

http://www.freewilliamsburg.com/arch...ul_doesnt.html

Ron Paul: "The notion of a rigid separation between church and state has no basis in either the text of the Constitution or the writings of our Founding Fathers."

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul148.html

Angry White Man: The Bigoted Past of Ron Paul

http://www.tnr.com/politics/story.ht...5-4532a7da84ca

Ron Paul on Abortion: "If the worst were to come about and elective abortions were outlawed nation-wide, it would not be anywhere near as big a deal as it was before. Women have much more freedom, and more importantly, ability to control their bodies today than they had before."

http://unreasonable.org/node/1617

Ron Paul: "I'd like to get rid of the IRS, I'd like to get rid of the Income Tax... abolish it."

Tim Russert: "What would happen to all those lost revenues? How would we fund our government?

Ron Paul: "We have to cut spending. We can't get rid of the Income Tax if we don't get rid of some spending. ... if we got rid of the Income Tax today, we'd have about as much revenue as had ton years ago, and the size of government wasn't all that bad ten years ago. And there's sources of revenue other than the income tax. You have tariff, excise taxes, highway fees, user fees, there's still a lot of money [coming in] but the real problem is spending. But, we lived a long time in this country without an income tax, up until 1913 we didn't have it.

Russert: "But if you eliminate the Income Tax, do you know how much lost revenue that would be?"

Ron Paul: "... um, a lot.. but uhh..."

Russert: "Over a trillion dollars."

Ron Paul: "... um, uh, that's good, I mean, but, we could save hundreds of millions of dollars if we had a sensible foreign policy. If you're going to be the Policeman of the World, you need that. "

Time honored tactic: to discredit the message smear the messenger. :>) And yes, I think runaway inflation is good for the economy. :>)

If I got a dime every time I read an ad with purloined photos I could retire right now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QjS0AbRpAo Andenzi, izimvo zakho ziyaba.

Platinum Poster

I just posted some of Ron Paul's "messages." He manages to smear himself quite nicely, I think.

Ron Paul Doesn't Believe In Evolutionhttp://www.freewilliamsburg.com/archives/2007/12/ron_paul_doesnt.html
    Oh wow so he says in that video that he doesn't think it's an appropriate question for the presidential election because it has nothing to do with running the federal government. Further he states that it is a theory, that for him it doesn't matter much how he came to be and which theory is right. Nor did he advocate teaching religion to our kids or force feeding anyone else. Someone else on that same site made this wonderful observation (which includes Mr. President Elect):
    "...last time I checked all the major democratic candidates considered themselves Christian too. A belief in Creationism shouldn't a giant leap of faith when one already believes in a flying omnipotent Hebrew wizard, a meany devil w/ horns, etc." I personally laugh at religious concepts in general, it doesn't stop most of the country from going to church or praying.
    Ron Paul: "The notion of a rigid separation between church and state has no basis in either the text of the Constitution or the writings of our Founding Fathers."http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul148.html
    This is actually something I disagree with him about but it doesn't stop me from being a big fan of his. There has long been an argument about what is an establishment of religion and what is not. Some believe that it simply stops the government from establishing a religion, allowing for instance money to be given to one to conduct some secular charity function (soup kitchens for instance). Nor would a school "christmas" play be banned under this other way of reading the amendment. Btw he further goes on to write: "The establishment clause of the First Amendment was simply intended to forbid the creation of an official state church like the Church of England, not to drive religion out of public life." That is more or less what I just explained. Again I disagree with him on this but I don't have to agree with someone 100% to support their main message.

Angry White Man: The Bigoted Past of Ron Paul
    http://www.tnr.com/politics/story.ht...5-4532a7da84ca
    Yep I see this from someone every time I say Ron Paul. Yet even your "anti-paul" article notes that he himself did not publish these newsletters nor did he write everything included in them. He has taken the position that he did not write those particular articles and in that same article it goes on to state: "...in 2001, Paul would claim that someone else had written the controversial passages. (Few of the newsletters contain actual bylines.) Caldwell, writing in the Times Magazine last year, said he found Paul's explanation believable, 'since the style diverges widely from his own.' " So then we're down to guilt by association. Need I bring up Jeremiah Wright or Bill Ayers? C-Span seems to be a wonderful repository of what actually comes out of Ron Paul's own mouth and I have never seen anything other than reason and a love of freedom come from him.

Ron Paul on Abortion: "If the worst were to come about and elective abortions were outlawed nation-wide, it would not be anywhere near as big a deal as it was before. Women have much more freedom, and more importantly, ability to control their bodies today than they had before."
    http://unreasonable.org/node/1617
    First of all you're citing the bloggings of some random little liberal, how cute. Second of all, what Ron Paul has actually stated is that he believes it is a matter for the States and that the FEDERAL government has overstepped it bounds. He has also stated that the FEDERAL government would have no business in stopping a STATE from allowing abortions. This is the inherent and real debate, what can be incorporated through the 14th Amendment and what cannot. I've actually read Roe v Wade, Planned Parenthood v Casey, etc. I am willing to bet most people talking about this have not. Further your little blogger talks about "bat-shit crazy" yet it would seem to me bat shit crazy to pull a child from a uterus at 8 or 9 months along and half way deliver it only to then crush its skull and suck its brains out, yet that blogger is all for it. But hey if you want to advocate that as rational then more power to you.

Ron Paul: "I'd like to get rid of the IRS, I'd like to get rid of the Income Tax... abolish it."

Tim Russert: "What would happen to all those lost revenues? How would we fund our government?

Ron Paul: "We have to cut spending. We can't get rid of the Income Tax if we don't get rid of some spending. ... if we got rid of the Income Tax today, we'd have about as much revenue as had ton years ago, and the size of government wasn't all that bad ten years ago. And there's sources of revenue other than the income tax. You have tariff, excise taxes, highway fees, user fees, there's still a lot of money [coming in] but the real problem is spending. But, we lived a long time in this country without an income tax, up until 1913 we didn't have it.

Russert: "But if you eliminate the Income Tax, do you know how much lost revenue that would be?"

Ron Paul: "... um, a lot.. but uhh..."

Russert: "Over a trillion dollars."

Ron Paul: "... um, uh, that's good, I mean, but, we could save hundreds of millions of dollars if we had a sensible foreign policy. If you're going to be the Policeman of the World, you need that. "
    First of all he said we could save hundreds of billions, not millions. I know "progressives" love the income tax but I certainly don't. Further what he says makes perfect sense, we jam ourselves in foreign wars and conflicts that are not our problem. We are also going broke from it.

Default Re: Food for thought

Quote Originally Posted by braveman
    This is all kinda moot. Ron Paul did not even come close to getting the GOP nomination. Paul, like him or not, is not even an influential member among his GOP colleagues in the House.

Paul may have some very valid things to say about U.S. foreign and economic policies, but he's been a bit careless about his associations (9/11 nut Alex Jones, conspiracy-loving JBS, borderline racist Lew Rockwell) and those have hurt his credibility.

Anyways, I predict Paul will serve one more term in Congress and then call it quits.
    It's not moot because the issues and debates are still with us. When Martin Luther King Jr was killed did all the blacks say "well gee now it's all moot." This is about much more than Ron Paul, it's simply that he is the leading spokesperson for it, and many, including myself, admire him for the courage and dedication he has shown.

http://www.infowars.net:80/articles/...051108Paul.htm Ron Paul warns of great shift toward global government under Obama.

If I got a dime every time I read an ad with purloined photos I could retire right now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QjS0AbRpAo Andenzi, izimvo zakho ziyaba.