Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    5 Star Poster

"My support is diminished, however, by your pro-life stance. I do really think a woman has the right to decide whether or not she wishes to allow a few hundred thousand barely differentiated cells to continue to develop within her own body. "

I understand. I think what I think about the abortion question for this reason. Suppose it was possible to do a test and tell parents that there's a 80/20 shot their child will be gay or lesbian and a 50/50 chance they would be transgendered to some extent. How many parents would abort? I think it's a greater number than anyone here thinks. I think it equals at least as many people as have voted to ban gay marriage so far.

The reasons that people choose abortion and death are usually but not always as specious as that.

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by braveman
    So what? Abortion is a private matter, the state should stay out of it. You run as a pro-life, transgendered Republican or Green in Chicago you'll be lucky to get 5% of the vote.

Quote Originally Posted by BrendaQG
    "My support is diminished, however, by your pro-life stance. I do really think a woman has the right to decide whether or not she wishes to allow a few hundred thousand barely differentiated cells to continue to develop within her own body. "

I understand. I think what I think about the abortion question for this reason. Suppose it was possible to do a test and tell parents that there's a 80/20 shot their child will be gay or lesbian and a 50/50 chance they would be transgendered to some extent. How many parents would abort? I think it's a greater number than anyone here thinks. I think it equals at least as many people as have voted to ban gay marriage so far.

The reasons that people choose abortion and death are usually but not always as specious as that.
    Actually the republican who ran in the election in November, my likley primary opponent got 15% of the vote. He did this with no help from the national or state republican parties.

While abortion is a private matter there is more than one person involved. There are at least three who before the third trimester have rights. Their priority being as follows Mother, fetus, father. After the thrid trimester begins and that child could survive outside the mother it's more like mother & fetus are equal separate human beings. That is not just my own but is also basically the Islamic stance on the matter. This is the difference between pro life and pro unrestircted abortion. We recognize that at some point, not all agree on what point, a fetus is a human being too.