Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Platinum Poster

I think I’m very well adjusted. I don’t have any remorse, or live in a t-reality.
    It just makes me uncomfortable saying or hearing my birth name.

And if you know that it makes me feel that way, and u still insist on knowing, I can totally see a resentment growing on my part.
    Not because you’re curious, but because you’re not considerate enough to honor my feelings.

I could care less about my good girlfriend’s birth names, and I love them dearly.

"Qui Audet Adipiscitur" 5 Star Poster KiraHarden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slinky
    Quote Originally Posted by KiraHarden
    We are not running away from our problems. We are just changing our names to fit our new lives, gender and identity.

Our old names are none of your concern, and save the trust angle. Cause I'm not buying that shit either.

I can expect a guy off the street just being clueless about t-girls and asking about our old names.

But come on you guys that date us, should know somethings are off limits from our past.

Quote Originally Posted by Hara_Juku Tgirl

I was talking more about a girls "BOY past" not a girls issues/problem with her current self. There is a difference.
    What you both missed was that I wasn't talking about the name issue. I was talking about " Man, woman, gay, lesbian or what have you cannot run from their issues/problems - PERIOD unless they deal with it head on. Anyone with half a brain already knows that as a GIVEN.". And it's been well documented that SOME percentage of TS have "buyer's remorse" when they find out that T-ing didn't solve any of their real issues and they were merely sublimating issues.

There are many girls whose entire existence revolves around "being tT, as opposed to being a person in the world and dealing with reality. But instead they live in this alternate "T Universe" where the laws of nature, science, logic and accountability somehow cease to exist.
    this thread was about revealing our birth names . You should start a thread on logic and accountability

I live in the real world, not trannyland

"Of all losses, time is the most irrecoverable for it can never be redeemed.”

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. "

"Ladies its not the dress that makes you look fat, its the fat that makes you look fat "

Party Goddess Platinum Poster AllanahStarrNYC's Avatar

In New York, it cost about $200 to change your name.
    You don't need a lawyer to do it, you can do it yourslef.
    The process is EASY.

Anyone who is able to, meaning has legal residency and citezenship, who does not do it, is just plain LAZY.

I totally empthatize with girls who are not able to do so because of immigration issues. Having your legal name not reflect your new gender
    can be a very embarrasing and traumatic thing.

With that being said, I've had boyfriends who never wanted to know or cared to ask, and I've met guys who wanted to know right away-which is a total turn off.

If that kind of trust develops, and the partner is curious and asks, and one feels comfortable then of course it's ok.

But for so many of us, that was such a traumatic time in our life, that we do not want to really be reminded of it.

When I heat of American girls who do not have their name changed, I am in utter SHOCK. A lot of countries make name changes VERY difficult-
    this is a privalege here- every TS who can and wants to change her name should take advantage of it. Don't expect to be treated (in gender pro-noun) as a woman at airports, stores, hotels, etc- if your name is not changed. No matter how you look, if your name is 'Robert" people are most likely to call you a he than if your name is 'Susan". Just an example

2008 AVN Transsexual Performer Of The Year
    www.TransexualStarr.com
    www.Facebook.com/AllanahStarr

Platinum Poster

bingo allanah. totally agree

For those of you who haven't seen it, Calpernia Adams does an absolutely wonderful job of answering this question in her video about the dumbest questions you can ask a transgirl. If you still don't get why this isn't a cool question to ask after reading all of the responses from the girls here I suggest you go to Youtube and check it out.

Ashlee

I can't speak for other girls, but I know for myself there is a disconnect. If you ask me what my boy name is, I probably would just get a confused look on my face because it has been so long since I've thought about that phase of my life.

So asking about that part of my life doesn't feel more intimate, it feels like you are seeking a falsehood, and trying to learn things about me that don't hold much weight in my life.

I feel like I was living underwater before I transistioned or something...

Quote Originally Posted by Norma

Alot of girls I know are barely making ends meet, and they are more worried about keeping up their hormone regimen, buying clothes and food, and trying to live, than attend to basic things like changing their name.
    I was homeless when I got my name changed in Oregon. Outside in (a homeless youth and trans services organization) paid the legal fee and sent an advocate with me to court, and I used a friends address as my residence. So I'm not buying it.

At the same time, I still haven't changed my birth certificate, and thus I can't get a passport....

I think the process feels more intimidating to most trans people than it actually is. I'm always trying to encourage my friends to get it done, and so many of them just act like it's impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by tsmandy
    Quote Originally Posted by Norma

Alot of girls I know are barely making ends meet, and they are more worried about keeping up their hormone regimen, buying clothes and food, and trying to live, than attend to basic things like changing their name.
    I was homeless when I got my name changed in Oregon. Outside in (a homeless youth and trans services organization) paid the legal fee and sent an advocate with me to court, and I used a friends address as my residence. So I'm not buying it.

At the same time, I still haven't changed my birth certificate, and thus I can't get a passport....

I think the process feels more intimidating to most trans people than it actually is. I'm always trying to encourage my friends to get it done, and so many of them just act like it's impossible.
    Im working on getting my passport for next month. They don't give u such a hard time with the name change as they do about replacing m with f. You have to have documents stating you've underwent SRS or have scheduled a date for the surgery.

related link on legal name change

http://www.hungangels.com/board/view...er=asc&start=0

Its pretty ironic that of the guys participating in this thread hardly any even use their first name as their screen name or even disclose their locations

FK