Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Yeah that’s a real puzzle. He must’ve skipped the class entitled “The Immigration Status of Each Individual Residing within the United States”. It’s a tough course and is almost totally memorization. Fortunately it’s not a required course.

It appears McCain didn’t know Rashid Khalidi was a PLO supporter either. Or if he did, it didn’t prevent McCain from sending Khalidi $448 000. 00. If guilt were a contagion passed by association, McCain should have quite a dose of guilt by now.

As far as Ayers goes, I believe Obama did know Ayer’s history and rightly thought it was irrelevant. They are not friends. They are only neighbors by virtue of the fact that most of the faculty at Chicago Circle live pretty much in the same area. Their only real contact was when both were asked to serve (along with many respectable conservative voices) on the Annenberg board to assess education in Chicago. Would you refuse to serve on an important citywide board if Ayer’s was on it? If you were asked to serve on a jury and you found out one of them was ex-weatherman would you refuse to serve? Perhaps you would, but I [think] you must agree that most American’s would serve on the board or the jury if asked.

I’m told that with the advent of mega-churches more and more congregations are becoming homogeneous. They share a common politic, a common cultural perspective and a common source of spirituality. Before the mega-churches this was not the case. And Wright’s church by far predates the advent of mega-churches. In the church I grew up in (I’m no longer a believer) there were republicans and democrats. There were people sympathetic to gays and people not at all tolerant of gays. There were people who were racist and people who weren’t. The preacher was just the preacher. He was everyone’s spiritual mentor and advisor; but not their only spiritual advisor. Most folks also had spouses and friends who were their more intimate [and trusted] spiritual advisors. Most people just went to the nearest church of their denomination. Did you pick your church because of the preacher and his political views? If so, isn’t that a rather odd way to pick a church? Obama, who after all, was a community organizer, pick[ed] his church for the good works it did for the surrounding community. So yeah, if someone belongs to a monolithic, homogeneous congregation, maybe you can deduce their politics align with those of their past[or]. That’s not true of most church goers, and it’s not true of Obama who in fact repudiated the racist assertions of his former reverend.

So what’s this thread really about? It’s obviously [about] trying to throw as much shit as you can at Obama before [the] election even if it’s lies, distortion, long refuted or just irrelevant.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

I second that, excellent post.

I see hardly any serious political posts, just muck-throwing.

I didn't say the thread was effective, I merely stated its obvious purpose; e.g. throw as much shit as you can at Obama before the election even if it’s lies, distortion, long refuted or just irrelevant.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkThanos

Also, your sarcastic first paragraph was immensely stupid, we aren't talking about some random Jane, it's his AUNT, whom he has also accepted money from...
    It's an aunt he had met 3 or 4 times in his life. The sister of his father who left when he was 2 and saw once more when he was 10.

Do you know the legal status of all of your family members? ARE YOU SURE?

He also, on becoming aware of his aunt's immigration status, returned the money she had donated.

See, you want to make an issue out of something that's just not. It's very sad.

Thank you Tiffany Anne.

To DarkT concerning the immense stupidity of my sarcasm: It was YOU who suggested that Obama's Harvard education should've somehow alerted him to his aunt's immigration status. Just read your own post. You’re just so immensely dense you don't realize when you're being lampooned.

Professional Poster

These Reps. are really desperate.

Does McCain know his fellow prisoners called him "crash" and "songbird"? Repubs seem to revel in their lack of smarts. Bush - c grade with a lot of help from pappy. McCain finishing 395 in a class of 400 (with his father as admiral)

If I got a dime every time I read an ad with purloined photos I could retire right now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QjS0AbRpAo Andenzi, izimvo zakho ziyaba.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~