Default Ladies and Gentlemen - It's a crapshoot!

Obama is charismatic, like JFK. BUT he doesn't have a brother Bobby to confide in and watch his back. Who's gonna be his Chief of Staff, Secretary of State and Defense? Barrack seems like a good guy, but who is he going to seek out when things get tough? Give me names.

McCain, good guy. I've always like him. How is he going to get anything done with a Democratic House and Senate? Reaching across the aisle with one good arm won't go far if the Dem's lose after Bush.

Worthy 2 and natina, sit on the sidelines for this one. Worthy 2, Nader as President would be like planting a shrubbery and asking the world to direct their questions to it. natina, you're an Obama bot... how did you find your way to a TS site? You're intensity is scary.

One rule for this thread - no fucking links!!!!!!

If you have something to say, type it out. I want to hear from you, not the media and talking heads!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19_156.jpeg 
Views:	376 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	206897  

Default Re: Ladies and Gentlemen - It's a crapshoot!

McCain is not a "good guy".

All you need to know about him is that he cheated on and then dumped his crippled wife for a 15 years younger bimbo he met in a bar.

Or, you can just see that he hired the very people who in the 2000 campaign smeared his wife and child so Bush could win in N.C. Where I come from, you don't forgive people who attack your family, and you sure as hell don't hire them.

Hunt up the Rolling Stone Article from a few weeks ago. See what the people who went to the academy or were also POW's think of him. Ask Ross Perot, a major POW advocate, what he thinks of McCain.

As for who'll be on Obama's side to lend an ear and give advice? Well Biden is an obvious choice. If I had to lay money, I'd say Bill Richardson's heading for Sec. of State. Warren Buffet's name keeps getting mentioned in treasury matters, but I can't see him wanting to take a pay cut. I doubt Hilary is looking for cabinet work (and interview I heard with her on a local station makes me think she's eyeing Harry Reid's job, and while I'm not a huge Hilary fan, it'll be nice to have someone with balls running the Senate).

Powell seems like the smart pic for Sec of Defense, though General Wesley Clark is likely as well.

Obama's been mentioning Indiana Republican Sen. Dick Lugar a lot as someone he's worked with a lot, so he seems likely. I don't know much about him, other than he has one of the most macho names since Wolf Blitzer. He's another foreign affairs expert, so if he wanted a cabinet position, he could also be looked at for Sec State.

As for Chief of Staff...got me. Josh Lyman? Isn't that more a politcal funtinary's job? On the West Wing, it seemed to go to the Campaign manager, so Axelrod I guess.

Or maybe Sam Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany Anne
    McCain is not a "good guy".

All you need to know about him is that he cheated on and then dumped his crippled wife for a 15 years younger bimbo he met in a bar.

Or, you can just see that he hired the very people who in the 2000 campaign smeared his wife and child so Bush could win in N.C. Where I come from, you don't forgive people who attack your family, and you sure as hell don't hire them.

Hunt up the Rolling Stone Article from a few weeks ago. See what the people who went to the academy or were also POW's think of him. Ask Ross Perot, a major POW advocate, what he thinks of McCain.

As for who'll be on Obama's side to lend an ear and give advice? Well Biden is an obvious choice. If I had to lay money, I'd say Bill Richardson's heading for Sec. of State. Warren Buffet's name keeps getting mentioned in treasury matters, but I can't see him wanting to take a pay cut. I doubt Hilary is looking for cabinet work (and interview I heard with her on a local station makes me think she's eyeing Harry Reid's job, and while I'm not a huge Hilary fan, it'll be nice to have someone with balls running the Senate).

Powell seems like the smart pic for Sec of Defense, though General Wesley Clark is likely as well.

Obama's been mentioning Indiana Republican Sen. Dick Lugar a lot as someone he's worked with a lot, so he seems likely. I don't know much about him, other than he has one of the most macho names since Wolf Blitzer. He's another foreign affairs expert, so if he wanted a cabinet position, he could also be looked at for Sec State.

As for Chief of Staff...got me. Josh Lyman? Isn't that more a politcal funtinary's job? On the West Wing, it seemed to go to the Campaign manager, so Axelrod I guess.

Or maybe Sam Jackson.
    Thanks Tiffany Anne, This is the type of response I was looking for. I'll check out the stuff on McCain in Rolling Stone. And the stuff about his ex.

I can't see Biden being his confidant, since he seems to shift opinions based on the opportunities in front of him. I don't think Obama can trust him as far as he can throw him. Obama needs someone he can trust. I don't know who that is. Who has it been up to now?

Quote Originally Posted by ezed
    I can't see Biden being his confidant, since he seems to shift opinions based on the opportunities in front of him. I don't think Obama can trust him as far as he can throw him. Obama needs someone he can trust. I don't know who that is. Who has it been up to now?
    Biden is just kinda wacky when he gets in front of a mic. He's been rock steady in his beliefs throughout the years. It was the chose of Biden that sold me that Obama could make good choices (Richardson would have as well). The best political move would have been Hillary. A lot of liberals I talk to asid that Biden was a boring, safe choice. Like that's a bad thing in picking the person you want in place to take over for you?

When choosing a godparent for you kid, to you go with your your brother who's an accountant, married for 10 years, raising kids of his own, or do you go with your brother who's been divorced 5 times, has a drug habit and tends to disappear for weeks at the time following PHISH ?

Professional Poster

ez,

There has been speculation, and the AP picked it up(sorry no link), that if Obama were to win he would ask Robert Gates to continue as Sec. of Defense. There have been rumors that Colin Powell might be asked to serve as his NSA. He has also spoken to Warren Buffet more than once about the economy, taxes and regulations.

He has surrounded himself with some of the best minds in recent public service, and he listens to what they have to say so I'm fairly confident a future Obama Administration would eventually run smoothly and Obama could confidently lean on the people he has chosen.

John McCain, if elected, might be in for some difficulty IMO, because of what he had to promise to whom in order to gain their support vis. the Conservative wing of his party. However, if the real John McCain shows up I don't think he will have a problem working with a Democratic Congress. He would, I believe appoint moderate, competent people (as long as Phil Gramm isn't Sec. of Treasury).

My main concern with him is his age and health. I don't think he will live for 4 years if elected. And as I've said before, Sarah Palin scares the shit out of me. She represents the worst of the Right, an anti-intellectual fundamentalist who has embraced the worst of the current neo-Conservative program.

To me, the best result of this election would be an Obama landslide. And I mean a real down the ticket ass kicking of the Republicans. If that occurs, it will force the Republicans to choose their identity. Do they want to be the party of Goldwater and Reagan or Bush and Palin? Choosing the former would allow them to begin to rebuild their credibility with the independents and more moderate Democrats. If the latter prevails, they are casting themselves into the political minority for the foreseeable future.

Alright Then.

Quote Originally Posted by Oli
    However, if the real John McCain shows up I don't think he will have a problem working with a Democratic Congress.
    I'm not sure on this. He's allowed his surrogates to go out and question Deomcrats patriotism. He's burned bridges left and right, and while the media falls for the lines about equivalency, the congressmen won't.