Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rookie Poster

Default New television show on Logo

Just thought some people would like to know abouth this new show.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...6&cs=1&s=h&p=0

following 4 college students as the get sex change operations

Junior Poster

I heard about this channel today. I know that it's prime audience is gays and lesbians, but I wonder if there are also (other than the abovementioned) TS related programs broadcasted by Logo.

How where the reactions to this channel in the US anyway?

Rookie Poster

shayla very nice avatar, any more pics of you???

If I knew then what i know now. Experience is a good teacher.

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Man, this is bullshit and proof that you should never mention your ideas to anyone.
    I concepted exactly this show (and cross over website) about 18 months ago and have been working on it - of course, never copyrighted it but word of month, even unintentionally can travel fast and someone can take an idea they heard mutterings of and think of it as their own....there are people on this site who I talked to in person who will back me up - bummer! Must act faster on things.
    I also wrote a full screen play so similar to the "Da Vinci Code" in the early 90's that I'd never be able to release it now.
    Oh well - NEXT!!!
    seanchai

Junior Poster

Yes, and there are five to ten other authors who wrote similar stories to The Da Vinci Code. Give it up.

5 Star Poster

shemalejunky wrote:
    Yes, and there are five to ten other authors who wrote similar stories to The Da Vinci Code. Give it up.
    How do you know? Are you one of them as well as seanchai? Have you read all the others' stories? Are they any good? And how does seanchai's rate?

I for one haven't written anything like the Da Vinci Code, and if I did I wouldn't know. I have never read that book and only have a faint idea of the story. I doesn't interest me in the slightest. I'll wait for the movie. Then again, don't get me started on my short story called "Love on the Titanic", my set of post-realist paintings entitled "Will Neo take the red pill?" or that graphic novel I sent to Quentin Tarantino which I named "William Must Die parts A & B".

Just kidding.

Moral of the story- don't give your ideas away cheaply. But don't keep them to yourself forever either.

Navin R. Johnson: You mean I'm going to stay this color??
    Mother: I'd love you if you were the color of a baboon's ass.

Rookie Poster

I too had thought of a similar concept for a show, but that in itself is not proof that someone else took the idea. But it is true if your idea is out there and not copy written it may well be taken as someone elses.

Even still even if you had a copy write, a few minor changes could still get the show into production.

Hollywood does it all the time. Case in point is Armageddon and Deep Impact. Two movies about a comet that destroying the earth, both released in 1998.

Rookie Poster

More recent would be "Super Nanny" and "Nanny 911"

5 Star Poster

Hollywood does it all the time. Case in point is Armageddon and Deep Impact. Two movies about a comet that destroying the earth, both released in 1998.
    Here's some more:

-Deadly virus turns people into flesh eating zombies: 28 Day Later and Resident Evil (both 2002)

-Woman or man unsure if father/ lover is an evil serial killer. Said woman or man defends suspect until almost too late: Jagged Edge, Jukebox and Basic Instinct, all written by Joe Eszterhas, who also wrote the not too dissimilar Sliver, Betrayed and the ghastly Show Girls. God help us all, hes working on Basic Instinct 2.

-An underdog or a team of underdogs beat the big boys to prove that every underdog has his day: too many to mention, including some of the worst sports movies ever made , such as the Rocky sequels, Escape to Victory (aka Victory). Also includes some true stories such as The Miracle of Bern and the upcoming game of their lives (about the US beating England's football (sorry, soccer team).

-Every other movie with terrorits ever made

-Every other movie set in the Vietnam war, or the Korean war, or WW! or WW2 or the Civil War.

-Practically every other movie ever made.

Don't forget that the success of Platoon resulted in a spate of Vietnam movies and we got to see more Westerns at the movies after Unforgiven and Dances with Wolves than in the whole of the late 1970s and early 1980s. There are an awful lot of serial killer films around too, but thankfully life doesn't imitate art. If you took your cue from Hollywood you'd think that half the people in the world were cops, firemen, or lawyers and most of the rest were mass murderers or small-time mobsters.

Navin R. Johnson: You mean I'm going to stay this color??
    Mother: I'd love you if you were the color of a baboon's ass.

Rookie Poster

Sean,
    Did you ever post any of your ideas on the web, or even better, did you e-mail your ideas to anyone involved in the show? If you did, the time:date stamp on your published e-mails might be enough to get some claim over what you discussed. Publishing on the web can establish priority

I can make you look yet I can not make you see, I can make you hear yet I can not make you listen.