Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Professional Poster

Unless you have an absolute majority in both Houses of Congress and the Presidency, compromise is the way things get done.

Here is a hypothetical: Obama, Biden, McCain, Palin, McKinney, Barr and Baldwin are all dead Monday morning. Ralph Nader wins the Presidency by default. What can he get done? He'll have a Democratic Congress that controls the finances of the Country. He can veto any spending bills they pass, they can starve any programs of his they want to. But according to you, compromise is the problem. So nothing gets done. Wow, what a great administration that would be.

Let's look at some of Mr. Nader's positions:

-He wants to remove the US from the WTO and NAFTA.
    -He will withdraw his support for Israel based on Human Rights Violations. Is he serious? How will he address the most contentious aspect, the Right of Return?
    -He'll pull all the troops out of Iraq in 6 months? Logistically improbable, morally impossible.
    -He'll stop the bailout? He'll allow banks to fail? Credit to be withdrawn? With no other recourse, the economy grinds to a halt.
    -He wants to destroy the US commercial fishing fleet? Can he prevent every other country from fishing also? Does he believe the fish are smart enough to come to US waters to prevent being caught?
    -His campaign against Agribusiness, while not without merit, devolves into something Robert Mugabe would appreciate. It can not be done without a massive disruption to food supplies.
    -He's against Oil, Coal, Natural Gas and Nuclear energy, but offers only the amorphous "renewable" replacement, with no specifics. Should we move back to pre-industrial times?

Sorry worthy, he can't be taken seriously.

Alright Then.

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Oli
    Sorry worthy, he can't be taken seriously.
    Neither can worthless.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Ralph Nader would have never made a cent in his life and nobody would ever have heard of him if it weren’t for corrupt corporations! Ralph Nader owes his soul to the corrupt corporate world! Ralph Nader owes his soul to the corrupt corporate world! You’re a fucking fool! Everybody’s an idiot! The worthy2 is worthless scum! The world is spinning on an imaginary axis. Look out!! Look out!!

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by worthy2
    Yea ok you can be taken serious? You work for the corrupt corporate world so you are biased towards the rich.
    WTF have you been sniffing/smoking/swallowing/injecting? Or is it time for a tin foil hat?

Rookie Poster

You're online too much get a life.

FtM. Just got chest reconstruction! The girls are gone! In love with his woman.

Ralph Nader accepts corrupt money from corporate giants filtered through poor defenseless clients!!! Nader is in the pocket of Ford Motor Company. Not only can Nader not survive without big corporations but he lives off their corruption. His whole being is the synthesis of the thesis/anti-thesis of corporate rip-offs and the big government judicial system. Nader is scum! You're a fool! You're all ass-holes. Everybody's an idiot. Wake up! Wake up, the Sun's going down!! Worthy2 is brain dead. There are quarks in my soup!! The universe is accelerating!! Don't look now, but it's comin' for you.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trish
    Ralph Nader would have never made a cent in his life and nobody would ever have heard of him if it weren’t for corrupt corporations! Ralph Nader owes his soul to the corrupt corporate world! Ralph Nader owes his soul to the corrupt corporate world! You’re a fucking fool! Everybody’s an idiot! The worthy2 is worthless scum! The world is spinning on an imaginary axis. Look out!! Look out!!
    Shut the fuck up before I hunt you down and beat you the fuck down you clown ass motherfucker.
    Looks like it's meltdown time for worthless. It's also going to be ban time for the simple-minded little troll if he keeps threatening respected members like trish...trust me on that one. I think it's also safe to say that no one will miss him.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Quote Originally Posted by trish
    Shut the fuck up before I hunt you down and beat you the fuck down you clown ass motherfucker.
    You crossed the line, this time. You need psychological help. Ralph Nader is just an excuse for you to hide behind, and attack other people. And you attack other people, to hide from yourself. It is your own self that you really hate. All the names you call other people is what you believe to be true about yourself. There is a better way to live, but you are going to need help to find it for yourself. Please get yourself some help. You are no longer welcome here. Yours truly, aka Yodajazz.

fuck you and fuck the netherlands
    Thanks for your clever rebuttal. Really enlightening.

Listen you lowlife scumbag go back to your little insignificant rubbish life. You have no purpose on this board. You have no knowledge of politics at all.
    Whereas you'll probably be asked as McCain's speech writer. The multiple 'fucks' will go down really well, they make anyone sound so intelligent, mature and cultured.

fuck fuck too! 'cause i fuckin' know better than all you fuckin' asswipes...'cause i love and adore Ralph the Parasite Nader and on top of that i fuckin' sorta know how to curse...