Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by DarkThanos
    god damn, this board is overrun by complete fucking idiots...if you hang an effigy of a black man in a noose, it is treated as a hate crime, but I guess you are too stupid to realize that...

My post is just as relevant as any of natina's incessant liberal rants, you mindless stooge dafame...

Thank you for an actual thought out response trish...
    You're the biggest douchebag ever. Really, you get the prize. I'll give it to you in person and punch you in the face and kick you in the balls too.

Hanging (the effigy of- or alluding to hanging) a black man by a noose is really, really offensive. Do I have to even explain why? Do you know anything about black people in the south in say, the time period between I don't know, maybe since the moment we brought slaves to the Colonies to like I dunno, 1960? Do I have to explain this to you?

Do I have to exlplain this to you? Really, do I? Are you so ignorant of history as pertains to skin color in certain parts of America that I have to explain this to you? Do I?

-Tara

And no, it's not acceptable to have Palin in a noose, or even to joke about "only one retarted thing came out of her vagina". But Palin in a noose doesn't carry with it all the baggage of the KKK, civil rights struggle, or intimidation of black people by whites.

Now, Having Sarah Palin's head on a fruit fly after some "fruit fly research" goes horriblyl wrong.. THAT would be poetic justice and far more clever.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default YES I am playing the gay card on a TS board on DarkThanos

YES I am playing the gay card on a TS board on DarkThanos

WRONG

If it were Obama, not only is it a black person in the noose, but a SPECIFIC individual..that precise targeting elevates it to hate crime status...

Natina, are you seriously trying to play the gay card on a TS board? And when have I supported McCain?

You fruits are unbelievable, your mothers should have taken the place of these effigies for staining the Earth with your presence...

Quote Originally Posted by Tara Emory

You're the biggest douchebag ever. Really, you get the prize. I'll give it to you in person and punch you in the face and kick you in the balls too.
    wow, you have such a grasp of history to make such a statement!

Hitler has nothing on me, I'm the biggest douchebag EVER!!!

I love you fucking manly transexuals who make threats to men who would curbstomp your ugly ass in real life...I wouldn't get pinned with a hate crime, either, you aren't at all passable...
    yeah, you're a douchebag (and that's a word from your own vocabulary - see http://www.hungangels.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=38768)

I can't figure out if you're black or white, but I can't see why you can't understand why mimicing lynching Obama would be considered a hate crime, while mimicing lynching Palin wouldn't.

As for insulting be below the belt (ugly, manly, etc), well, you yourself were talking about getting someone to clean up this board. I vote you off the board.

-Tara

Quote Originally Posted by Tara Emory

wow, you have such a grasp of history to make such a statement!

Hitler has nothing on me, I'm the biggest douchebag EVER!!!

I love you fucking manly transexuals who make threats to men who would curbstomp your ugly ass in real life...I wouldn't get pinned with a hate crime, either, you aren't at all passable...
    Okay, I admit, threatening to punch you and kick you in the balls was an empty and tounge in cheek threat- and I wish that came through in the message, but I might have grabbed the wrong end of the stick and ran a little too far with it. I still don't think it deserved your even angrier response, which was way over the top, and way more hurtful than what I said. Apparently you enjoy "curbstomping", which speaks for itself.

And I like to see how you didn't actually answer the other part of my question (as to the meaning of why an effigy of lyching Obama - or any African american) is more of a hate crime than a pumpkin carving depicting a noose around Palin

I admit it, I'm white Anglo caucasian as can possibly be, so maybe I can't truthfully understand what it is to be black. But I do have the unique perspective of having grown up in a liberal household in the North, then spending 4 years of college in Georgia.. When you are hanging around white people who see that you're white, they tend to let slip a racist gem or two, and just assume you think the same way as you do.. I've heard it pretty much first hand from a lot of people (though not all white people in Georgia are like that).

It's an atmosphere of intimidation leftover from the slave days, and if it's not outright spoken, it's the sort of thing you can FEEL, in the air. The south is still a totally racist place.

So if one were to say, make an Obama mannequin and hang it from a tree limb, that would be pretty clearly a sign that maybe that person is a KKK sympathiser.

And yes, if someone were to do the same with a Palin mannequin, it would be well, puzzling, and you'd wonder if they were doing some sort of reverse racist thing, and yes, that would be just as much a hate crime. But it wouldn't make any sense.

but for something like Palin in a noose on a pumpkin carving, well, that might be innocuous enough to not automatically bring up the whole spectre of KKK guys lynching black people.

There is a difference.. Not much, but enough.. I wish there wasn't, and perhaps someday there won't be, but hey, Obama in a noose flags my "hate crime alarm" more than Palin in a noose, but that's not becuase I support Obama, just that I understand the subliminal message that it carries.

-Tara

Okay, I've had some time to cool down, but I want to elaborate why I reacted the way I did.

First off, your post is "I'd like to hear the liberals defend this" which coupled with your question I don't know if you are:

a: saying that you don't see what's wrong about a effigy of a black man hanging from a noose, or

b: don't see why a depiction of Palin on a noose isn't a hate crime.

If it's b, then well, I agree, it's just as bad- or should be as bad.

But if it's a, then I stand by my words to the effect of "how could you NOT get it why "a" is so much worse than "b"?"

I have a relatively public persona, and you can see pictures of me all over this board, I think it's pretty clear to most people that I'm not the sort of person to really go and punch someone in the face and kick 'em in the balls. I meant that more as a comedic thing.. I mean, picture that in your mind. A 135 lb ts wearing a corset punching you in the face.. Are you seriously scared of that? Is that anything but a funny image?

Now the image of you saying that in real life you'd "curbstomp" me is a hell of a lot scarier. And yeah, I'm scared (really- I'm not being sarcstic). TS's get murdered like all the time. We get stalked, sometimes by fans. For me to put a certain amount of my sexuality for all to see makes me pretty vulnerable to all sorts of yes- hate crimes-.

Anyway, a definition of curb stomp:

curb stomp- The act of placing a victim, face down, mouth open on the curb of a sidewalk.
    The offender then proceeds to 'stomp' on the back of victims head. The act is probably fictional. Sterotypical act of "White Power" groups.

Now I don't know you DT, and you don't even have a photo on your profile, so I don't know if you are a 300 lb skinhead who is conflicted about his attraction to TS's that he visits board like this while insulting many of the girls left and right or what..

But threatening to "curbstomp" me?. I mean, you're kidding, right? Tell me you're kidding, becuase I think even threatening that online might be a hate crime, or at the very least justification for being reported to the moderator.

It's like you cut me off in traffic, and then I instintively gave you the finger.. Then you turned your car around and rammed me and ran me off the road in retaliation.

Tell me I have this wrong. I take back the punch and kick (but not calling ya a douchebag- that's just name calling), if you tell me the curbstomping is not something you'd really do if you met me.

-Tara

I typed all of that my iPhone, sorry for the spelling errors...
    Thanks DT,

I think we both got out of hand. I guess that's what happens when people sometimes can't tell if they're saying things tounge in cheek.

Looking forward to catching your next examples of hyperbole and trying to figure out if you're dead serious of playing devil's advocate.

I'm sorry too. I get pretty emotional and I often read the first post in a thread, get pissed off, react and then go and look at all the responses and realize I was either wrong or my question had already been answered.

Actually, I think you'd find that we have a lot in common (video games, comic books). And I'm glad you didn't mean all that awful stuff. Being do-able in your book counts a lot to me.

-Tara
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	077_162.jpg 
Views:	336 
Size:	117.1 KB 
ID:	206712