Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

I get it more than you can imagine. Believe me, I do.

We are the middle children of history . . . we have no great war, we have no great depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives . . .

Party Goddess Platinum Poster AllanahStarrNYC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by needsum
    Allanah,

The answer is simple: We don't. We don't need them any more than a guy needs a Ferrari that can do 185 mph in a country full of speed limits posted at 75 max. Its a part of our freedom as responsible citizens to be able to own, collect and shoot these weapons.
    So as I understand what you are saying, you are comparing the right to own an automobile-or the need of, to own a gun.

Well let's see- a Ferrarii is car, therefore there is valid argument that one may need a car to get from point A to point B. A high priced car yes- but one may be able to afford it.

What exactly is the point of owning a gun? What need do you have on a daily basis for a gun?

As the 2nd Amendment states:

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

So what exatly does that mean? Doesn't law enforcement and the army fill that purpose?

The First Amendement gaurantees us freedom of speech but that freedom is not absolute and limited.

Studies show that approximately 60 percent of all murder victims in the US die from gun attacks.In robberies and assaults, victims are far more likely to die when the perpetrator is armed with a gun than when he or she has another weapon or is unarmed.

As far as for self protection, research has shown that a gun kept in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a member of the household, or friend, than an intruder.

Please define RESPONSIBLE for me and how a gun store can prove that 100 percent.

Is it responsible to sell guns to households were children live in and are able to get to them? By your definition of responsible then the gun store would be liable since the gun was sold to a non responsible party.
    How do you stop that from happening according to your argument?

And generally...

And I am not responding to attacks and to people who claim that I am misinformed but I am not-that usually stems from some sort or prior disdain for me but I refuse to argue with ignorance.

If you have a valid point of of opinion to state then do so, otherwise I can not be bothered.

2008 AVN Transsexual Performer Of The Year
    www.TransexualStarr.com
    www.Facebook.com/AllanahStarr

Quote Originally Posted by AllanahStarrNYC
    I have a question...

I am opposed to hunting and for the most part the NRA and am for 100% gun control.

Why does anyone need such extreme weapons?
    Allanah,
    I am a gun owner and I also oppose hunting, this is because I love animals and don't believe you should kill something for pleasure or fun. If you had to kill an animal to feed yourself or your family that is fine but to kill for a trophy I think is wrong. But in the same sense if someone is hunting legally I respect that because they are not breaking any law even though I don't approve of it.
    I own guns because I enjoy target shooting. It is a hobby for me, that is one of the reasons I own guns.
    Another reason is for self protection. Criminals have no regard for gun laws or the lives of their victims. If it comes down to a decision of them getting caught and going to jail or killing you and getting away, what choice do you think they are going to make?
    I feel you have to protect yourself and your family, there is no way the cops can get there quick enough if an armed intruder breaks into your house. You will be at the mercy of a criminal, and I will not put my life in a scumbags hands!
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by barefootjoe69
    I have a question...

I am opposed to hunting and for the most part the NRA and am for 100% gun control.

Allanah,
    I am a gun owner and I also oppose hunting, this is because I love animals and don't believe you should kill something for pleasure or fun. If you had to kill an animal to feed yourself or your family that is fine but to kill for a trophy I think is wrong. But in the same sense if someone is hunting legally I respect that because they are not breaking any law even though I don't approve of it.
    I own guns because I enjoy target shooting. It is a hobby for me, that is one of the reasons I own guns.
    Another reason is for self protection. Criminals have no regard for gun laws or the lives of their victims. If it comes down to a decision of them getting caught and going to jail or killing you and getting away, what choice do you think they are going to make?
    I feel you have to protect yourself and your family, there is no way the cops can get there quick enough if an armed intruder breaks into your house. You will be at the mercy of a criminal, and I will not put my life in a scumbags hands!
    Just my opinion.

I respect your opinion but the self defense argument to me, is a lame duck argument.

I think you will find this interesting

"Research by Dr. Arthur Kellerman has shown that keeping a gun in the home carries a murder risk 2.7 times greater than not keeping one. That is, excluding many other factors such as previous history of violence, class, race, etc., a household with a gun is 2.7 times more likely to experience a murder than a household without one, even while there was no significant increase in the risk of non-gun homicides!

This study (Arthur Kellermann et. al., "Gun Ownership as a Risk Factor for Homicide in the Home," The New England Journal of Medicine, October 7, 1993, pp. 1084-1091) has been much maligned by the gun lobby, but despite repeated efforts to tar it as non-scientific, its publication in one of the most respected peer-reviewed journals in the world is just one indiciation of its soundness. For a complete and vigorous defense of the study, please see this essay by Steve Kangas.

Obviously, there is a problem with criminals having access to guns, which is why so many people feel they, too, need a gun for self-defense. But this is a vicious cycle: FBI Crime Reports sources indicate that there are about 340,000 reported firearms thefts every year. Those guns, the overwhelming amount of which were originally manufactured and purchased legally, and now in the hands of criminals. Thus, the old credo "when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns" is silly. What happens is many guns bought legally are sold or stolen, and can then be used for crime. If those 340,000 guns were never sold or owned in the first place, that would be 340,000 less guns in the hands of criminals every year. Part of the reason there are so many guns on the street in the hands of criminals is precisely because so many are sold legally. Certainly, there will always be a way to obtain a gun illegally. But if obtaining a gun legally is extremely difficult, the price of illegal guns goes way up, and availability goes way down. Thus, it is much more difficult for criminals to obtain guns. "

www.TransexualStarr.com

I have a question...

Allanah,
    Just my opinion.

I respect your opinion but the self defense argument to me, is a lame duck argument.

"Research by Dr. Arthur Kellerman has shown that keeping a gun in the home carries a murder risk 2.7 times greater than not keeping one. That is, excluding many other factors such as previous history of violence, class, race, etc., a household with a gun is 2.7 times more likely to experience a murder than a household without one, even while there was no significant increase in the risk of non-gun homicides!

This study (Arthur Kellermann et. al., "Gun Ownership as a Risk Factor for Homicide in the Home," The New England Journal of Medicine, October 7, 1993, pp. 1084-1091) has been much maligned by the gun lobby, but despite repeated efforts to tar it as non-scientific, its publication in one of the most respected peer-reviewed journals in the world is just one indiciation of its soundness. For a complete and vigorous defense of the study, please see this essay by Steve Kangas.

Obviously, there is a problem with criminals having access to guns, which is why so many people feel they, too, need a gun for self-defense. But this is a vicious cycle: FBI Crime Reports sources indicate that there are about 340,000 reported firearms thefts every year. Those guns, the overwhelming amount of which were originally manufactured and purchased legally, and now in the hands of criminals. Thus, the old credo "when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns" is silly. What happens is many guns bought legally are sold or stolen, and can then be used for crime. If those 340,000 guns were never sold or owned in the first place, that would be 340,000 less guns in the hands of criminals every year. Part of the reason there are so many guns on the street in the hands of criminals is precisely because so many are sold legally. Certainly, there will always be a way to obtain a gun illegally. But if obtaining a gun legally is extremely difficult, the price of illegal guns goes way up, and availability goes way down. Thus, it is much more difficult for criminals to obtain guns. "
    How can you say that Self defense is a Lame duck argument.
    See attached link: http://www.gunowners.org/sk0802.htm
    Every study can have another one that rebukes it. This is the argument that goes back and forth between the 2 sides
    I'm sure that a household That has no knives in it is alot safer then one that does. This argument could be used with anything that could be used as a weapon.
    I agree that gun owners need to be more responsible with storing guns in their homes. If you have little kids around you sure can't leave a loaded gun where they could get it. But this stuff should be common sense, something our society seems to be lacking alot of lately. We expect the Government to protect us from everything nowadays including ourselves. How about taking responsibility for our lives and trying to correct the problems in our society and families or breakdown there of that cause people to become violent criminals? That is the real problem!

Rookie Poster

Default How Do U Like Mine

Night Op's
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sawthermo110504_004_126.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	206004  

GOD Emperor of Mankind Platinum Poster LibertyHarkness's Avatar

fuck me i could do some world class peeping tom shit with that scope

Liberty Harkness
    "English Transsexual Model - Entertainer - Photographer "
    Twitter

Official Website

Tumblr
    My Webcam

I have a question...

Allanah,
    Just my opinion.

How can you say that Self defense is a Lame duck argument.
    See attached link: http://www.gunowners.org/sk0802.htm
    Every study can have another one that rebukes it. This is the argument that goes back and forth between the 2 sides
    I'm sure that a household That has no knives in it is alot safer then one that does. This argument could be used with anything that could be used as a weapon.
    I agree that gun owners need to be more responsible with storing guns in their homes. If you have little kids around you sure can't leave a loaded gun where they could get it. But this stuff should be common sense, something our society seems to be lacking alot of lately. We expect the Government to protect us from everything nowadays including ourselves. How about taking responsibility for our lives and trying to correct the problems in our society and families or breakdown there of that cause people to become violent criminals? That is the real problem!
    So have you ever used a gun to protect yourself in your experience?

And I agree that goverment can't ptotect us from everything- so as a responsible person I do not own a gun that feeds into the NRA, the gun industry.or the notion that my having a gun is somehow going to protect me further.

I do use common sense, so I don't own a gun.

How do you deem responsibilty? How do you deem that kids can't go buy bullets and shoot up high schools with stolen guns?

It's a viscious cycle that no one who own a gun wants to address for the sake, of its' me freedom to own a gun so I will own one.

Which is probably the same argument people used when they were allowed to own slaves. I am not comparinf slavery to gun ownership-
    but the argument is the same.

www.TransexualStarr.com

Junior Poster

Default my choice

I always take the Chinese SKS (sniper version of the AK-47) any day over American weapons. By far, more accurate and harder hitting than the M-16 or the AR-15.

Pistols I would go with the Desert Eagle 10MM. One powerful gun!

Tasty Snacks...the only kind!

Rookie Poster

Default Love Weapons

Guns !!!!!!! Dont Kill Poeple !!!!!! Poeple DO !!!!!!