Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AllanahStarrNYC
    Quote Originally Posted by needsum
    You know what phrase I hate the most? "guns don't kill people, people kill people."

Why do I hate it? because it is true, yet anti-gun people have made a mockery of that phrase for ages.

Simple fact is that it is true, no matter how you look at it.

A gun is an inanimate object. It can do nothing to anyone, anywhere, unless it has been manipulated by someone. Which means, someone has to pick it up, load it, cock it, and fire it in order for anything to happen.

People are the weapons, not guns. Go ahead an compare the numbers of legal gun owners in this country to the number of gun related crimes committed with LEGALLY owned firearms. After seeing the results, there is but only one conclusion: Criminals are a disease and will use anything they can to get what they want. Most people are honest and law abiding.

One more thing--I am not trying to give the impression that I'm some NRE flag waving Right wing conservative asshole who thinks it should be ok for people to just walk around waving guns and shooting them up in the air while kicking their heels.

I'm not a mamber of the NRA. I own guns, and maybe go shooting at a legal target facility once a year, if that.

I just don't want anyone, especially the government, to tell me I CAN"T continue to be the responsible firearm owner that I have been for most of my life, because some dipshit asshole mutherfucker decided to rob and kill someone and now I may be a threat.

To those people I politely say "Go fuck yourself."
    So my argument is, if you ban guns, gun crimes would of course be greatly reduced- i.e. following the example of the Brittish.

With your opinion and as a gun owner, what do you propose can solve gun violenceand crime?

Because I am not hearing that argument from people who own guns.
    All I hear, is I have a right to own a gun, therefore eveyine go fuck themselves.
    Just because you make something illegal does not stop people from getting them. Look at what prohibition did, bootlegging. Look at drugs, illegal and yet still coming into this country and filling our streets and people. You take away guns from the people that own them legally and responsibly, that will not stop the people who were using them illegally and irresponsibly. And if not guns then they will find something else to use.

I think we just need to be educated right, not have them taken away.

"If you ain't Laughin, You ain't Livin" -Carlos Mencia

Junior Poster

The Johnny Seven (now quite collectible)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	album1952_613.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	213754  

Those of us in free Countries have the freedom to choose whether or not to carry a firearm.

BTW, most free people refer to these as firearms or tools. Those that use firearms to protect their lives and the lives of loved ones are not the problem. Repeat offenders are the problem, criminals are the problem, law abiding free citizens are not adding to firearm crime.

" I don't pay them(Women) for sex, I pay them to leave".

Charlie Sheen

Veteran Poster
    Los Angeles Via Austin Via Ft. Worth Via Victoria

I recently got a Benelli legacy sport 12-ga shotgun. A fantastic shot.

Monsieur Valentine

"He makes love to the Duke. He swordfights the Queen. And you think the score's set but you can't truly see. Til you know the two sides of Monsieur Valentine."

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieurValentine
    I recently got a Benelli legacy sport 12-ga shotgun. A fantastic shot.
    thats a nice one, im thinking of buying a benelli someday

i just got a remington 1100 tactical about a month ago

Name:	displaypicaspx_175.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	3.8 KB 
ID:	213879  

5 Star Poster

LOL - this thread continues to grow.

OK, I forgot earlier... I have my lover Miss Jessica and my best friend, "Mr. Glock" (mod 19) to keep me warm at night. LOL

And I have a 30 year old Charter Arms .38 snubbie
    And a .22 derringer - every lady should have one of these little cuties strapped to her garter...
    And an assualt shotgun
    And a Stainless Mini-14 left over from my days of living on a yacht in the carribbean...
    And I was an M-60 gunner back when I was in the 82nd Airborne.

SO DON'T FUCK WITH ME!!!!

(Unless of course you promise to choke me like in that photo above... )

Giggles,
    TS Jamie

Rookie Poster

I have a question...

I am opposed to hunting and for the most part the NRA and am for 100% gun control.

Why does anyone need such extreme weapons?
    In a perfect world there would be no guns, but in reality there are more guns than people. There are a billion AK-47s in the world. Gun control is impossible.

Ever notice that "gun free zones" are where a lot of bad things happen, like Virginia Tech and Colombine? Because there are no good guys with guns to stop the massacre.

I'm sure it's different in New York, but in the Midwest there are a lot of scary rednecks who would probably like to fuck me then chain me to the bumper of their pickup. I feel a lot safer having a gun and knowing I don't have to depend on the police if something happens.

Rookie Poster

As the 2nd Amendment states:

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

So what exatly does that mean? Doesn't law enforcement and the army fill that purpose?
    A militia is regular citizens. I know mentioning this makes me sound like a weirdo anarchist, but the 2nd amendment doesn't claim to be about personal protection. It says "security of a free state." It's as much about citizens keeping the government in check as it is about citizens protecting themselves.

I think you will find this interesting

"Research by Dr. Arthur Kellerman has shown that keeping a gun in the home carries a murder risk 2.7 times greater than not keeping one.
    Kellerman's study is actually pretty ridiculous. He took data from the Seattle area around 1990 and hand-picked 300 of the 2000 homicides. His only question was, "Was there a gun in the house?" His study does not actually include data about whether or not the gun was used in the homicide -- or in fact if a gun was used at all. He found houses where someone was killed, then matched each one with a similar house where there was no murder, and magically determined that the house with the murder more often had a gun in it.

Kellerman's studies also make no mention of who got killed. If someone breaks into your house and you kill him, that still counts as a murder, and you had a gun, so it was a murder caused by your gun. Successfully defending yourself with a gun is now an argument against owning a gun. His statistics really mean nothing.

Another problem with Kellerman's study is that it doesn't show when guns were used defensively to prevent the crime. It only counts actual murders.

How do you deem that kids can't go buy bullets and shoot up high schools with stolen guns?
    Banning guns doesn't force people to be responsible. If people are going to break the law, how does making another law change anything? If you honestly think you could get rid of every gun in the world that would be great, but that's not going to happen.

Freedom is about personal responsibility. We hold people responsible for their actions. We hold people responsible for the actions of their children. You can't just say, "Oh, some crazy kid shot up his school, so that was obviously the gun's fault." Look at the reality of a situation like Colombine. If it wasn't for the guns, they would've been using the pipe bombs they made, which would've been even more gruesome.

Yes, the USA has more gun violence than the UK, but the USA just has problems. We've got the highest prison population (both per capita and overall) of any developed country in the world -- almost 3% of the population! That's not all about guns, though.

Look at Switzerland. Every home has a fully automatic assault rifle which would not be legal to own in the USA. Switzerland has extremely low crime. So there's no real connection between banning guns and making people safe.

Anyway ... I don't know what my favorite gun is. I have a Ruger .22 I'm really good with. I've got a Glock 34 and a Glock 26 and a Mossberg 20 gauge. I like all of them a lot. I carry the Glock 26 a lot, and I keep the 20 gauge by my bed. I don't really like being associated with people who are excited about owning guns, though... and I really don't like most other people who like Glocks.

I live alone. I can't imagine being comfortable with a gun in the house if I had kids.

Junior Poster

I love this beast -- FN Herstal 7+1 12ga with a C more reflex sight.

There will be no jihad in Toro's neighborhood.

Name:	fnm0007mb_198.png 
Views:	120 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	215798   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fnh2_794.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	215799  

NSDQ. Never.

Junior Poster

I have a question...

I am opposed to hunting and for the most part the NRA and am for 100% gun control.

Why does anyone need such extreme weapons?
    I am also opposed to hunting for sport, I am opposed to the NRA and am also for 100% gun control.

That said - in my life - there are bad guys with guns who'd rather see me dead than alive, so I'm armed up hardcore. As for why I personally own what you call 'extreme' weapons... those are the weapons with which I am best trained.

My solution to the out-of-control gun situation:
    1) biometric grip-locks (only the owner's fingerprints can unlock the weapon)
    2) regulate ammunition purchases and make reloading illegal
    3) toughen penalties for violators of gun laws and those who commit crimes with a firearm

NSDQ. Never.