Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Switch, yes, I can see a script doing just that, but I don't see how you would run it from a css file, which is purely for setting styles. If you've got that trick, I'd like to see it!

I'm familiar with the phpBB environment as I administered several forums running phpBB for several years. But I can't imagine why someone would bother with a script writing to sql when the software itself provides the feature from the admin level, wham-bam-thank you m'am your censoring is done. More to the point, why b1tch and n1g*a? (And not n1g*er?) And those are the only two I've seen, which would hardly catch any 2257 investigator's attention compared with all else going on here!

Incidentally, I much prefer FUDforum to phpBB: it's more tightly written, the core developer is a great dude who is readily accessible, and the program is much more secure that phpBB which has all sorts of exploits.

Think about a forum that you have to use you have to pay for!

Spoof header!

FBI calls you about items shipped to your house and billed to someone elses cc!

I think it is like 73% of all webservers have open IPs (to late to look in gartner)

Still Here 5 Star Poster

Wow, another topic chock full of blowhards who know a little about a lot.

The Filters are in place why? Simple, as you can see HungAngels has already been deemed a "non-tgirl friendly environment". It doesn't help if thread that are supposed to aimed at the very girls you guys claim to love and lust after referred to these same girls are "bitches". We never had this problem until a few months ago when a few individuals came here and turned an adult board into a high school board with their unnecessary usage of certain words.

As far as the nee word as somebody put it, my inbox as well as other moderators inboxes are full with requests from members (who strangely have not responded to this post) with either complaints about the sudden surge in the usage of the word, or international users who want to know if this is a racist board because of the frequent useage of the n-word.

Instead of requesting the filters turned off, perhaps you'd do yourself a favor and ask why you feel the need to use words that other people find offensive.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by NYCe

The Filters are in place why? Simple, as you can see HungAngels has already been deemed a "non-tgirl friendly environment". It doesn't help if thread that are supposed to aimed at the very girls you guys claim to love and lust after referred to these same girls are "B*****". We never had this problem until a few months ago when a few individuals came here and turned an adult board into a high school board with their unnecessary usage of certain words.

As far as the nee word as somebody put it, my inbox as well as other moderators inboxes are full with requests from members (who strangely have not responded to this post) with either complaints about the sudden surge in the usage of the word, or international users who want to know if this is a racist board because of the frequent useage of the n-word.

Instead of requesting the filters turned off, perhaps you'd do yourself a favor and ask why you feel the need to use words that other people find offensive.

THANK YOU......its like in the past 2 months after that wigger joined the boards this site turned into the projects...this site was cool before but now its like n this and b that, what the hell? i still can't figure out how any self respecting black man would ever refer to himself as a n word, especially outside a group of black people but i guess i'm too mature and grown. all you young bucks need to go google emmitt till and the kkk and see if all that n talk is so cool and fly, and that ebonics post a few months a go was total bullshit

5 Star Poster

Well I for one am fine with being called a b*tch. In fact, my Unreal Tournament handle was sh3m@l3b1tcH. I mean most people would agreen I am sure. I guess I feel bad about being such a troublemaker and bringing up this topic. If it hadn't censored my Yahoo Fantasy Football league password I would have never known.

I do want to compliment HA staff for making this board a much better place. I think A is a little delete happy as the only sh3male moderator, but hey, maybe I'm deserving. I asked that some people be moderated so I accept that being applied to my smart ass-ness as well.

Some people ask why I keep leaving and coming back... I leave when it gets shitty and I come back when it becomes cool. That should be extremely obvious. Other people who have left and returned at times include Megabody so I am in good company.

V

Sorry,

I should not have turned the topic into a chat between myself and another member!

Question for the MODS:

Can you pull the content or lock the topic instead of it vanishing? I have gone back to look for thing gone nuts because it is now gone. Also think about links to those topics or post. After a while it will become messy. I have had to run the site and fix the missing links. Not Fun!

Thanks for fixing the clock! I was going to ask you what hosting servers where running these days on the Titannic!

GMT 0

EST -5

Junior Poster

NYCe wrote -

"Instead of requesting the filters turned off, perhaps you'd do yourself a favor and ask why you feel the need to use words that other people find offensive."

CORRECT !

I'm not personally offended by the forbidden words, but the same points can be expressed without that language.
    And if you feel that it's absolutely necessary, a few *** in your text will convey your extremely strong emotions.

The only real issue as I see it is the consternation caused by making changes without letting the community in on the what and why. After seeing the comments fly for a while in this thread and others I thought I'd mention the word censor as the probable explanation of how the censorship works (and then got sidetracked into an interesting but really offtopic exchange with switchnyc). Rather than refer to us as "blowhards who know a little about a lot," simply telling us what and why (which you have done, thankfully) would be a lot better.

I'm not just posting to be the sarcastic dick that I am, but I do agree with Ecstatic. You are the Moderators, which means you need to communicate what is going on! Slapping the 'blowhards' on the wrist didnt do a thing to help the site and fix the issues that are causing the exoidus!

I'm not trying to sit here and picking on the Moderators. They do a thankless job that I would want to do. But, if you ready the posts from Ecstatic, you can tell he knows what he is talking about. Me you do have to lissen to me, I'm just a sarcastic blowhard. Oh by the way did I mention the fact the I own a MSP (two datacenters). And before someone says anything else! Just don't lissen to me.