Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Party Goddess Platinum Poster AllanahStarrNYC's Avatar

Default Do you think this is offensive or not?

So the New York Press apparently was at the discussion I spoke @ NYU, and Gerry,w ho organized it, just sent me this.

I read it, and I think it's a bit offensive-then on the other hand it also reads like a gossip/attempted humorous piece that does not xome quite accross that way....

What do you think?

Discuss...

http://www.nypress.com/21/43/news&columns/bash4.cfm

BTW Genesis, does not care what pronoun she is reffered in to, as she does not identify as transsexual, but her transformation has been mainly for self expression.

2008 AVN Transsexual Performer Of The Year
    www.TransexualStarr.com
    www.Facebook.com/AllanahStarr

Just the title ALONE is offensive!

I know what minority group this individual is from and trust and believe you could never come for his group like that.
    Why is it ok for some groups to be as RACIST and Homophobic as they want to be and everything they do is excused.
    Im getting really really sick of this certain group but will hold it in like noxious lower G.I tract gas because I KNOW I WILL GET BANNED.
    Funny thing is this CERTAIN GROUP are quite prominent in the "gender-bending" genre.

I got to go to the gym....thanks for getting me mad Allanah it will help my workout!

Junior Poster

frankly, it was too incoherent and pointless to classify as offensive or not. The journalist was obviously attepmting, in a VERY lame fashion, to be super uber awsome hipster cool and fell flat on his face doing so. Screw him and his half assed writing, he's obviously not worth getting any panties bunched up over...

If I knew it was gonna be this kind of party, I'd'a stick my dick in the mashed potatoes!

I didn't like the by-line "scary monsters and freaks", the scary monster part. I don't think anyone meant to be scary. The 'freaks' is ok becuase it has a positive side to it now a days. Calling you "ever young' was a good way to refer to you.

It read, to me, like one of those things you read and think "Umm... ok?"

"Can't worry about what another nigga think, now that's liberation and baby I want it."
    -OutKast

ChanelTheGoddess Junior Poster tssexychanel's Avatar

Sounds offensive to me ignorance and hate is often vieled in a joke. I would not be amused at all.

oh and i love the group Trobbing Gristle on the heels of love is my all time classic jam I must dig it out of my files now.

Quote Originally Posted by luv2playwithTgirls
    frankly, it was too incoherent and pointless to classify as offensive or not. The journalist was obviously attepmting, in a VERY lame fashion, to be super uber awsome hipster cool and fell flat on his face doing so. Screw him and his half assed writing, he's obviously not worth getting any panties bunched up over...
    I agree with this assessment

Wow! Look at my cat avatar!

Junior Poster

Default F

Quote Originally Posted by luv2playwithTgirls
    I agree with this. Poor writing designed to attract attention to the writer while not providing any information, insight or anything interesting to the reader. I also find the sobriquet "tranny" endearing when used by the right persons for the right reasons - here I found it offensive, dismissive and derogatory.