Default Infor. on L.A. Clubs ?

Hi am in town for a week and was looking for some clubs to check out. I have heard about peanuts and others? tnxs

You can't have it if you don't ask for it.

Rookie Poster

Default LA TS friendly nightclubs

Well to start with Peanuts is on Santa Monica Blvd which is currently using the name of Illusions as there best or should I say only night is Friday. I read somewhere that they are open on Monday and I can assure you that when I drove by on this past Monday night they were closed with no one outside or doors open at 10:30Pm - rather disappointing.

Check out the Oxwood located on Oxnard blvd in North Hollywood on Wednesday nights and Saturday nights. The Cobra on Thursday nights is a good atmosphere with dancers. I do not know of any others that are current but hopefully someone else may provide more information to add to this.

Have fun...

I've done my service Platinum Poster Willie Escalade's Avatar

Peanuts is deceased; the replacement is at the Palms on Santa Monica. It sucks IMHO. I like Cobra better.

William Escalade is no more. He's done his service to the site.

Rookie Poster

Can you elaborate on why it sucks (or how much it sucks)? I never made it to Peanuts before it closed and was actually going to try the Palms this Friday.

It's a long drive for me and if it really isn't worth it I'll find a better way to spend my Friday evening.

Thanks,

Fox

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Escalade
    Peanuts is deceased; the replacement is at the Palms on Santa Monica. It sucks IMHO. I like Cobra better.

I've done my service Platinum Poster Willie Escalade's Avatar

It's small, it's too hot, parking can be a bitch, insufficient facilities (aka the bathroom; there are only two).

The plus side is that there are some nice girls there, and I get along well with the manager and the bartenders.

This is my opinion though. I'm sure there are those out there that actually like the place. The only reason why I go is to see those I know there...and I usually get there late.

William Escalade is no more. He's done his service to the site.

Rookie Poster

Default Peanuts Palms busy TS friendly nightclub in West Hollywood

A friend told me that a few years ago Peanuts had a fire due to one of the show girls having a fit for some reason about the show and started it in the dressing room. Regardless what does not make any sense to me at all is why someone who owns this club will not break down and invest 75K and turn the place in to a first class night club. New lighting, paint, neon, sound, bar, and bathrooms. The return on investment is a reputation for having a first class operation which then builds a client base with in 18 months which returns two fold the investment made. I am far from a financial analyst however look at all the bars out there then look at all of the TS friendly bars and the quality is not as nice. You go in to a local strip club and for the most part the drink prices are high, place is elaborate, and the attitudes vary. The simple fact that if a dress code is enforced with prior notice the clientele may actually spend more and have more fun.

Another top spot is in SF at Divas which is about as first class as you can get. The owner does his best to appease the neighbors and SFPD has officers go through once or twice a night to make sure everyone is behaving. The city has not been nice to Divas in any shape and at one point pulled his liquor license for a month where he could not serve alcohol which was a lame attempt by the city to shut him down. Some things are easy to understand but this is one of the things that does not make a lot of sense.

So Palms or Peanuts 7969 or what you choose to call it is a nice place on a Friday but Monday I do not think they are open. Cobra on the Thursday is much better as you can talk to everyone and enjoy the show with Oxwood on Wednesday and Saturday is nice also. I just wish there was a bigger selection...