Professional Poster

Default Re: Colin Powell endorses Obama..it's really over

Quote Originally Posted by braveman
    Johnny Mc and SarSar, it was nice knowin' ya.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/1..._n_135895.html
    I don't know if it's relevant.

The man has zero credibility.

It's like having a compulsive liar whose now on meds now endorse you.

People don't care how much he essentially realizes that he lied through his teeth for Bush and Co, making the fake justification for the mess of a war we're in now, and wants to repent now. The damage is so extreme it will take ages to undo And, hence this endorsement is irrelevant.

I don't want him to take it, but I'm still betting on McCain. People underestimate racism and the sheer amount of voting in the Bible Belt (sometimes correlated, sometimes not).

Professional Poster

I'm not an expert on American Politics...but from what I saw of Powell, he seemed to be more to the center than most of the Bush Administration.

I'm not going to sit here and expect to know what he was thinking...but I think he had a hard time (conscience-wise) delivering that WMD speech before the war. Also wasn't he pushed into resignation?

In any event, it's good to see an endorsement from such a high-profile figure towards Obama.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere

People don't care how much he essentially realizes that he lied through his teeth for Bush and Co, making the fake justification for the mess of a war we're in now.
    You are right Nowhere. The man is a liar, but he's got a lot of clout. A lot of Republicans as well as a lot of Dems love him.

Veteran Poster

Colin Powell.... refresh my memory please, is he the LIAR who LIED in front of the whole world LYING that Iraq had WMD????

Maybe he is LYING again ?

Or maybe Monsieur Powell is trying to reserve himself a seat at the new Obama cabinet-

Quite a cabinet formed by:Jessy Jackson, Al Sharpton, and every angry black man

You are cordially invited to toss my salad

5 Star Poster

mccain is a angry old man

Professional Poster francisfkudrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by envivision
    Quite a cabinet formed by:Jessy Jackson, Al Sharpton, and every angry black man
    I don't think you're going to see Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton in Obama's cabinet. He's made a conscious effort to distance himself from these two, to the extent that their camps feel left out. (There was a "TV Funhouse" segment on SNL about this, with Jackson and Sharpton asking Obama how they could help and Obama sending them on humorous wild-goose chases to get them out of the way)

As far as this goes, I always caution my fellow Democrats not to get over-confident. Remember, we can't win Ohio or Florida because they're rigged. Rumor is that Virginia and Colorado might get rigged too. Basically, whoever wins Nevada, New Mexico, Missouri and North Carolina is going to be the next president and that could go either way.

Default Re: Colin Powell endorses Obama..it's really over

LOOK HERE!

http://www.hungangels.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=38575

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere

People don't care how much he essentially realizes that he lied through his teeth for Bush and Co, making the fake justification for the mess of a war we're in now, and wants to repent now. The damage is so extreme it will take ages to undo And, hence this endorsement is irrelevant.

I don't want him to take it, but I'm still betting on McCain. People underestimate racism and the sheer amount of voting in the Bible Belt (sometimes correlated, sometimes not).
    LOOK HERE!

http://www.hungangels.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=38575

Silver Poster

Colin Powell is saving his own ass. Who wants to go into history as a war criminal like Bush? He dissapeared before it´s too late.