Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What's wrong with being an Arab???

Gayle Quinnell, a 75 years old unsophisticated rube from Shakopee, Minnesota, told Senator John McCain while attending a rally "I don't trust Obama, I have read about him. He's an Arab." McCain defended Obama saying "No, ma'am. He's a decent, family man, a citizen that I just happen to have disagreements with him on fundamental issues and that's what this campaign is all about."

We can understand the bigotry and ignorance of this woman as she is from nowhere, but what baffled me was McCain's response. His response makes you think that people from Arabic decent cannot be decent family people. A better answer would've been: No ma'am, he is not an Arab as his father is Kenyan and his mother is from Kansas.

I was truly undecided until two weeks ago when I started seeing the real faces of McCain's supporters and their outrage over Obama's race and ethnicity. But as you look at them, most of these people are old or in their middle age. Most are from remote areas (the country side). Who knows, maybe they don't even have the Internet where they live. This Gayle Quinnell had to go to the library to find that information. Who knows, maybe she accidentally stumbled upon a supremacist website. This goes to show you how many older people are ignorant in this country. But if you spark a conversation about biblical prophecies with them, you will be quite amused.

Thank God young people are finally voting in this election. I am young and I will be voting Obama.

This is a wonderful reply I found online.

http://adrienneshouse.blogspot.com/2...-quinnell.html

Firstly and most importantly your opinions are your opinions and you are totally entitled to have them and to express them. It is your First Amendment right to do so. But when you abuse that right by spreading vicious untruths then it is time for the American public to step in and correct you.

I am having a hard time containing myself right now so we will address this rationally.

A. If you don't like Senator Obama, that is fine you don't have to like everyone. But he is a US Senator and he does deserve your respect.

B. If you don't want to vote for Sen. Obama for President because he is black, I totally get that. And there is nothing he or anyone can do about that.

C. This is where my anger gets the better of me. If you make up lies about Senator Obama, it puts your candidate in between a rock and a hard place by having to speak nicely about his opponent.

D. Senator Obama is not a Muslim.

E. Senator Obama is not an Arab.

F. Senator Obama is not a terrorist

G. To be a Muslim you must commit to the faith of Islam, Senator Obama has committed to the faith of Christianity. Also, even if he were a Muslim why would that make any difference in his ability to run this country? Do we not have freedom of religion in this country? Are you not allowed to be of whatever faith you choose? While I can choose to not follow any organized religion? Would you rpefer we were in a non-free nation where everyone had to be of one faith? Preferably yours? Sorry, the constitution doesn't work that way. And by the way, your candidate, Senator McCain is a strict Constitutionalist (or so he says).

H. To be an Arab you must be a descendant of someone from Saudi Arabia. Senator Obama's father is from Kenya and his mother from Kansas. Last I checked Kenya was a part of Africa and Kansas not too far from you.

I. This is where you might get a bit confused so let me lay it all out on the line for you.
    1. Not all Arabs are terrorist
    2. Not all Arabs are Muslim
    3. Not all terrorists are Arab
    4. Not all terrorists are Muslim
    5. Not all Muslims are Arabs
    6. Not all Muslims are terrorists

J. Is that clear enough for you?

Any other questions?

Below is the interview after the rally that The Uptake did with Ms. Quinnell following the rally, where she admits to spreading untruths about Senator Obama.

Junior Poster

so is this like the same person making new accounts and posting "racism hate etc." threads?

to answer your question:

intollerant and hateful of all who don't practice islam, a culture that promotes the abuse and disenfranchisement of women. No not all arabs are like this, but most are. They would also hate all of us for liking trannies, and they'd REALLY hate the trannies themselves, probably stone them to death via court order.

Time to let the younger smarter more tolerant generation lead the country.

Time to live and let others live: no more wars.

Time to be happy and let others be happy: For example let people marry whoever they love and want, whether be same or opposite sex.

Let government do its main job, protect the nation and its citizens and not control the lives of its people.

Quote Originally Posted by MrShow52
    so is this like the same person making new accounts and posting "racism hate etc." threads?

to answer your question:

intollerant and hateful of all who don't practice islam, a culture that promotes the abuse and disenfranchisement of women. No not all arabs are like this, but most are. They would also hate all of us for liking trannies, and they'd REALLY hate the trannies themselves, probably stone them to death via court order.
    I joined this forum a year before you. Check the date. I just don't post much because we still live in a bigot world.

Junior Poster

1. Most Arabs turn a blind eye to terrorists
    2. Most Arabs are Muslim
    3. Many terrorists are Arab
    4. Most terrorists are Muslim
    5. Most Muslims are Arabs
    6. Many Muslims are terrorists

Sure the guy who runs the corner store isn't, but he's only one out of hundreds of millions.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by african1
    Time to let the younger smarter more tolerant generation lead the country.

Time to live and let others live: no more wars.

Time to be happy and let others be happy: For example let people marry whoever they love and want, whether be same or opposite sex.

Let government do its main job, protect the nation and its citizens and not control the lives of its people.
    it's funny this is counter to every middle eastern country's thinking. It's in the Koran that the house of islam must fight the house of war(non believers) until all non believers are defeated.

Wrong assumptions all over. But again:

Whether you like it or not, OBAMA WILL WIN.

Platinum Poster Hara_Juku Tgirl's Avatar

That only shows that Gayle Quinnell is probably a high school drop out or maybe never had any formal education and therefore uneducated and highly misinformed about alot of things which is truly sad! I don't think people from MN are that stupid.

~Kisses.

HTG

HURDLE #1: If guys would learn to stop over complementing, and not compliment every tranny (or girl) they see and talk to (so a girl would feel it was sincere and that she's special), maybe they'd get somewhere but a dead end! lol

Junior Poster

sorry no, right assumptions. Ideals are one thing, reality is another. I didn't say anything about obama, this thread is about obama, I thought it was about how disgusting arabs are.