Default nice-looking parrot

He commented on Sarah Palin as being similar to a "nice-looking parrot" by saying that she was simply memorizing good speeches without truly understanding what's behind them.

He also compared her to his Python teammates, stating, "I used to think Michael Palin was the funniest Palin on Earth," and "Monty Python could have written [this situation]." He went on to refer to Rupert Murdoch, head of Fox News, as a man who "tortures small, furry animals with red hot pokers before he even has breakfast."

Cleese has expressed support for U.S. Senator Barack Obama's presidential candidacy, donating US$2,300 to his campaign and offering his services as a speech writer.[10] In a recent interview Cleese gave, he stated that he has been "obsessionally interested" in the current American elections for president, and said it was "so important that Barack Obama is elected" in order to restore America's place in the world
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Veteran Poster

Default Re: nice-looking parrot

Quote Originally Posted by natina
    He commented on Sarah Palin as being similar to a "nice-looking parrot" by saying that she was simply memorizing good speeches without truly understanding what's behind them.

He also compared her to his Python teammates, stating, "I used to think Michael Palin was the funniest Palin on Earth," and "Monty Python could have written [this situation]." He went on to refer to Rupert Murdoch, head of Fox News, as a man who "tortures small, furry animals with red hot pokers before he even has breakfast."

Cleese has expressed support for U.S. Senator Barack Obama's presidential candidacy, donating US$2,300 to his campaign and offering his services as a speech writer.[10] In a recent interview Cleese gave, he stated that he has been "obsessionally interested" in the current American elections for president, and said it was "so important that Barack Obama is elected" in order to restore America's place in the world
    I like Cleese he has made me laugh for years and will continue to do so, but I have to wonder something....

Is Europe's best choice for us, our best choice for Us? I Thought a good percentage of our families left Europe for a reason, they didn't like it there, or the people there didn't much care for our families, (there might be other reasons but rest assured they too would prove my argument)?

So I put forth that Europe's best choice for us should be our worst choice. Our founding fathers were all about being friendly with our people across the pond but never forget that we are different from them and they really don't understand us.

TES
    William

Harmless_pervert

Sorry if i offended ye, no wait I am not sorry, being offended is your problem not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugai_hentaisha
    So I put forth that Europe's best choice for us should be our worst choice.
    You Betcha!/sarcasm off. Imo, Mr. Cleese is spot-on. We're already the laughing stock of the civilized world for allowing the Bush/Cheney monster to steal two elections. The only thing dumber would be to allow a doofus like Palin to get into the WH.

I Thought a good percentage of our families left Europe for a reason, they didn't like it there,
    ...some time ago. And it might not even have been social, there have been times when the US was regarded as the economical 'promised land' in parts of Europe that didn't have a blooming economy themselves. The fact that you could start again in a country where prejudices against your social class were perceived to be non-existent was the main attraction for most.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by DL_NL
    I Thought a good percentage of our families left Europe for a reason, they didn't like it there,
    ...some time ago. And it might not even have been social, there have been times when the US was regarded as the economical 'promised land' in parts of Europe that didn't have a blooming economy themselves. The fact that you could start again in a country where prejudices against your social class were perceived to be non-existent was the main attraction for most.
    Hence they didn't like it there

TES
    William

Harmless_pervert

Sorry if i offended ye, no wait I am not sorry, being offended is your problem not mine.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulain
    So I put forth that Europe's best choice for us should be our worst choice.
    You Betcha!/sarcasm off. Imo, Mr. Cleese is spot-on. We're already the laughing stock of the civilized world for allowing the Bush/Cheney monster to steal two elections. The only thing dumber would be to allow a doofus like Palin to get into the WH.
    Oh I agree with the whole Bush/Cheney Crap

Didn't like them then don't like them now

I am saying that since Europe is all ga-ga over Obama makes me wonder.....

I am not really sure who I am going to vote for but I do know that the Choices we have are really some of the worst choices I have ever seen. Personally I would have second thoughts electing any of them as dog catcher let alone president.

TES
    William

Harmless_pervert

Veteran Poster

Can I just ask why John Cleese is taken as some kind of authority for who should be elected in the USA?. His opinion should be worth as much as mine considering neither of us are US citizens. Which means very little. Of course he has a right to his opinion just as I have mine I just don't understand why people care what he thinks?

There are people in Europe who are very angry with the US , and feel the current Bush administration is responsible for a lot of world instability. To an extent they are right , I myself think the American response to 9/11 was a vast overeaction certainly Gulf war 2 was a mistake.

That being said , there is also a certain amount of resentment and envy from Europe for other reasons. America is the most powerful country in the world. And that lads draws a certain amount of anger. The British experienced this and still do today to certain extent from the continent and certain nations in the world.

Right and left in Europe and Britain mean different things to what they mean in the USA. Our media and establisments are liberal yet I would say the majority of the British people for instance are not left more centre to centre right. But again 'right' in Britain is probably differnet to right in the states.

Now due to this , I think the people who should decide are the Yanks, and I would not blame them to put their own interests before what the world thinks. Because I don't know any countries people who put other foreign countries interests before their own. People decide elections on the domestic economoy in the main.With perhaps more emphasis on issues such as Abortion and gun control in America.

Being a foreigner.I think foreigners especially snobby beardy lesbians like Cleese should butt out.