Platinum Poster

Default Joe The Plumber Meets Sam The Gas Station Guy

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Sam is obviously a bright, successful, entrepreneurial, amiable, person. He owns several businesses, pays his taxes and understands the relationship between his continued success and the economic health of the middle class. He doesn’t mind paying more taxes if it means his customers will continue to afford to patronize his business.

Joe the Plumber on the other hand is a grumpy lunatic who can’t see past his own bloated attitude. Joe doesn’t pay his taxes. One wonders then, “If you don’t pay them anyway Joe, why are so concerned about them?” Joe the plumber, by the way, doesn’t have a plumbing license. He’s not a qualified plumber, but someday he hopes to take the licensing test. In the meantime he’ll work on your pipes, pretend to have a license and charge you like a real plumber. Joe the plumber’s current political affiliation is unclear, though in 1992 he was registered in Ohio as a member of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi’s Natural Law Party.

McCain says, “Joe the plumber is the man.” Yep, McCain knows how to pick ‘em. And just like Bush, once he’s made his choice, he gives no quarter. This is one plumber that’s taking John Sidney McCain III to the cleaner.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.