...the upcoming election.

Last night I was very happy to catch Senator Jim Webb's appearance at an Obama meeting/rally with my niece at Virginia Tech while in town visiting with her and my sister.

Jim Webb's record makes a mockery of McSame's claim to being a maverick...and Jim Webb was born fighting, not with a silver spoon in his mouth like McSame. Webb's military record and accomplishments are extraordinary, while McSame's military record is mediocre at best...and McSame's career as a politician has shown the self-proclaimed maverick to be nothing more than a sidekick.

I must say that I was surprised at the appearance of the young democrats attending. They looked clean-cut enough to be young repugs! Not like the old days! It was very encouraging to hear the number of newly registered voters in VA. Obama may very well carry VA when all is said and done, we'll see. I enjoyed the opening speaker recalling how he attended Tech as a young dem while campaigning for Jimmy Carter, a great man AND a great president.

Anyway, some highlights and a link with video:

"I don't know of a vice presidential nominee in my lifetime who is less qualified to be President of the United States than Governor Palin," Webb said. "That's not simply a comment on her background. It's a comment on the thought process that went into her selection. I have a hard time convincing myself that McCain was putting his country first."

He noted his strong approval of Obama's choice of running mate, Sen. Joe Biden (D-Del.).

"He picked a vice president that I don't think anyone can question," Webb said. We know who Joe Biden is. We know what we can expect out of him."

Webb put much emphasis on how the candidates' running mate choices reflects on them.

"It's not just a question of that person's capabilities and confidence," Webb said. "It's also a question of judgment. It's a question that defines the individual who makes the decision. It gives you a window into how that individual is going to govern."

Webb also made some very funny and sarcastic remarks regarding Palin one of which was: "I think Joe Biden showed great restraint in the VP debate...when Gov. Palin asked Senator Biden if she could call him Joe, he should have told her that she could call him Mr. Vice-President in a few months..."

http://raisingkaine.com/