Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Six Grand

Default Six Grand

Six Grand is the number of the post that this new thread will log for me.

Six Grand is what I lost from my retirement fund this morning (Right before the cat died).

Six Grand is what it's going to cost to re-pipe my house and hook me to city water.

Six Grand is what it will take to flip my finances so that I can keep the aforementioned house and do said plumbing work.

Six Grand will get me four dates with Ms. Paris so I can forget about my troubles for a while.

Never has Six Grand seemed like so much for me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	six_grand_986.jpg 
Views:	927 
Size:	691.3 KB 
ID:	203682  

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Congrats six thousands times B1.

This board needs reasonable people like you.

Sincere condolences to the death of your cat and the losses of your retirement fund.
    [/img]

Thanx, elo. It's scary to think that I've blathered on for 6000 + posts. Do I really seem that reasonable? Don't worry, I can fix that.

Thanx for the condolences. The cat (My last indoor one) succumbed to what they believe was cancer or an intestinal tumor. She took a sudden turn for the worst over the weekend and spent her last days in hospital (Though, thankfully, she rallied near the end and didn't seem to suffer). She was often a pain, but very affectionate and she will be deeply missed. Interesting discovery: Absolutely every cat in the neighborhood sensed her passing. When I arrived home from work they were all around the front of my house, just coming up to say "Hello" (And surely checking out the rumor of a vacancy in the house). Right now, I am just keeping the strays at a distance. Not sure I want another attachment at this time.

On the retirement fund: I can't cry too loudly on that as it had been safely entrenched in a bond fund until Tuesday. It was a bad-timing thing. I believed that the market had found its bottom for the time being and had shifted the funds. Unfortunately, the program takes 24 hours to make the shift and does not operate on weekends or holidays. When I put the order through the share price was down to 13 and change (From a high of over 26 just about a year ago), but by the time it processed, the day after Columbus Day, the markets had already rallied the share price to over 15. Wednesday, the markets receded again, causing the loss.

Bahstids!

Fortunately, unease about the market caused me to move to the bond fund early this year, so my losses are minuscule compared to some suffered by my coworkers who don't pay attention to the ups and downs of the funds and left theirs in the market index funds that have taken such a trouncing in the past couple of weeks. I know several people who are delaying their retirement plans while I may actually come out of this shitstorm significantly ahead at the end.

Sometimes, distrust can be a good thing.

Oh, and so that this post-whorish thread of mine doesn't expire from the fatal French disease of ennui, I am including a particular fave from my feelthy peecture collection.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01_784.jpg 
Views:	786 
Size:	133.3 KB 
ID:	203847  

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Interesting that the cats were gathering around your house.
    Did you know that cats can play piano?

We simply attempt to be fearful when others are greedy and to be greedy only when others are fearful.

Warren Buffett

ummmmm what? sorry. Shes keeping me occupied.

GET A LIFE
    :P

congrats.

blckhaze- A quickie in the back of a carriage going around Central park south

RubyTS- been there done that :P

lol congrats B1, lol the next round of drinks are on me buddy

"If you ain't Laughin, You ain't Livin" -Carlos Mencia

Silver Poster

Hey B1, congrats! I´m glad you´re still here. Unfortunately, many long time members are missing or posting once in a month. Sorry about your cat. Was it the one you had on your pic here?

Quote Originally Posted by Coroner
    Hey B1, congrats! I´m glad you´re still here. Unfortunately, many long time members are missing or posting once in a month. Sorry about your cat. Was it the one you had on your pic here?
    lol, im up to once a week thankfully :P

"If you ain't Laughin, You ain't Livin" -Carlos Mencia

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog
    Quote Originally Posted by Coroner
    lol, im up to once a week thankfully :P
    That´s cool. You registered 2 months after me, so you´re part of the old crew. I have to repeat that we got members missing like specialk, J, Eric and girls like Madison, Jennifer Paris and more.

B1 - Good luck.

P.S. Katie's cock looks a little pumped (with silicone) say it ain't so ... say it ain't so.