Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Platinum Poster

Default "Joe the Plumber" is a fool...

...if he votes for McSame.

The "Joe the Plumber" Debate

John McCain apparently loves workers now (except for those in Columbia who are being killed trying to form labor unions). He brought up the apocryphal demographic, "Joe the Plumber," and then accused Barack Obama of "class warfare." He was condescending to working people and to women. It's an outrage that after a Republican administration that McCain voted with 90 percent of the time has waged an unremitting class war against the working people in this country -- robbing their earnings, their retirement accounts, and their children's futures --, here's John McCain tonight denouncing the idea of "spreading the wealth around."

McCain said: "I'm proud of the people who come to our rallies" (even the ones who scream racial epithets?). And then he segued into another yawner on all his "veteran" buddies who love him so who show up. He said that ACORN is "destroying the fabric of democracy" (by registering poor people to vote?). He repeated the talk radio lie that Obama "launched his campaign" in Bill Ayers' living room. McCain was petulant (as when he cried again about how Obama forced him to go 100 percent negative because he dissed his phony "town hall" ploy). McCain said that Sarah Palin is a "role model for women" (some role model). He dismissed the equal pay for women case, Ledbetter v. Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co., as if it were totally irrelevant, exposing once again his deep-seated misogyny.

John McCain tonight was facetious, smirking, sarcastic, disrespectful, brooding, dismissive, rude, mean, condescending, and wound up tight. Talking to "Joe the Plumber," he said: "Hey Joe, you're rich! Congratulations!" Coming from a guy who married into a $100 million fortune that's pretty weird. He's an elitist. His true self had shown brightly tonight and I bet most people were pretty turned off.

But most importantly, McCain is wrong on all the issues. He feigns compassion for Americans who are "hurting," but he offers only warmed over Republican "free market" policies. The corporate media have seized upon McCain telling Obama: "I'm not George Bush." But McCain's economic policies -- deregulation, tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations, cutting social programs with a "spending freeze" in a time of growing poverty and unemployment -- are all George W. Bush's policies. AND THEY ALL FAILED!

We have just experienced the worst financial crisis in 70 years. The stock market lost $3 trillion in the last three weeks. Millions of baby boomers close to retirement have been forced to recalibrate their plans for their "golden years." Eight hundred thousand people have lost their jobs in recent months. And all McCain wants to talk about is Bill Ayers and ACORN?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/joseph..._b_135068.html

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

But if Joe The Plumber has to pay taxes, he might not have enough pipe to make me happy. I might have to leave him for Joe Six Pack.
    On the other hand, Joe Six Pack's probably to[o] drunk to[] get it up.
    Damn, what's a girl to do?

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Ah just on a side note:
    "He dismissed the equal pay for women case, Ledbetter v. Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co., as if it were totally irrelevant, exposing once again his deep-seated misogyny."
    What kind of nonsense is that? All that was spoke to in that case was tolling and statutes of limitations. There wasn't some great constitutional landmark decision made, and anything feminists have an issue with they could simply push congress to change with simple legislation. Talk about an overly dramatic line from that blog

PS- We all know I'm not here waving flags in support of either candidate, I just had to point out the bs spin on that one item.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

As I understand the case, because employers discourage employees from comparing salaries, Ms. Ledbetter wasn't aware of Goodyear's wage discrimination against her until much later. She sued when she became aware. McCain agreed with the conservative court's decision that justice should be blind to fact that Ms. Ledbetter was kept in the dark until the statute of limitations ran out. I can understand that the court might be limited to a strict interpretation of the law (though really, they are the Supreme Court and they do have a lot of leeway when it comes to interpreting the law), but a politician and lawmaker should be able to see the injustice of the Ledbetter decision and how it applies to women in general. McCain didn't do himself any favors by being so dismissive.

P.S. I see you've either joined the military, or you're going paint balling. In any case, cute outfit.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by trish
    P.S. I see you've either joined the military, or you're going paint balling. In any case, cute outfit.
    Thx, I'm going into Iraq to end the war and get us home

Quote Originally Posted by DarkThanos
    chefmike secretely IS Ariana Huffington...
    HAHAHAHAAAA!

Quote Originally Posted by sexyshana
    what difference does it make if she is a club kid or not, she looks good and in the end we were all boys at one time no? she looks great, enjoy it!
    buy her tits if you would rather she had some.
    BEEP BEEP!

Default JOE THE PLUMMER IS DELUSIONAL

he's busted

no plummer license

no plummers butt

no money ( only$ 40k per year)

now he has gotten his employer under investigation for working with out a license

man when you talked the news media, they investigated you and now look what you have done.

now he has gotten his employer under investigation for working with out a license

man when you talked the news media, they investigated you and now look what you have done.

http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/dre0547l.jpg

plummers don't make $268k per year they make $40k or $100k as a business
    http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_m...a_plumber_earn

the news investigated this guy and the company he worked for.

now there gonna get fined for not having a license

How Much Plumbers Make
    Once you're an experienced plumber you can earn a good living.

Here are statistics gathered by the U.S. Department of Labor:

Pipelayers, plumbers, pipefitters, and steamfitters are among the highest paid construction occupations. In 2002, median hourly earnings of pipelayers were $13.70. The middle 50 percent earned between $10.96 and $18.43. The lowest 10 percent earned less than $9.20, and the highest 10 percent earned more than $24.31. Also in 2002, median hourly earnings of plumbers, pipefitters, and steamfitters were $19.31. The middle 50 percent earned between $14.68 and $25.87. The lowest 10 percent earned less than $11.23, and the highest 10 percent earned more than $32.27. Median hourly earnings in the industries employing the largest numbers of plumbers, pipefitters, and steamfitters in 2002 are shown below.

Nonresidential building construction $19.65
    Building equipment contractors 19.52
    Utility system construction 17.81
    Ship and boat building 16.62
    Local government 16.21

Senior Member Professional Poster Paladin's Avatar

Default Re: JOE THE PLUMMER IS DELUSIONAL

Quote Originally Posted by natina
    he's busted

no plummer license

no plummers butt

no money ( only$ 40k per year)

http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/dre0547l.jpg

THAT PLUMMING BUSINESS MAKES LESS THEN OR EQUAL TO $100K/YEAR
    Say no to Crack!

That whole "Joe the plumber" debacle makes me want to vomit. How stupid are Americans to even tolerate such fuckery? McCain is senile and angry at the world.

Quote Originally Posted by sexyshana
    what difference does it make if she is a club kid or not, she looks good and in the end we were all boys at one time no? she looks great, enjoy it!
    buy her tits if you would rather she had some.
    BEEP BEEP!

Rookie Poster

Ahhh, Republicans have never been for free markets.