Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I'm glad I caught your post before I walked out the door, because you saw something that others may not have noticed on the website, that the first three topics on the site are about Obama and McCain but when you scroll down just a little further you find stories from the world and what's happening in it. We are not just a political website, we are bringing relevant stories to the LGBT Community that need to be heard. This election is just a small part of who we are as an organization. Thanks for the enlightenment this morning.

Rookie Poster

They both scare me. 300 million people in this country and these are the best we can come up with pahleesse. Neither of them deserve to be president. But we are going to get stuck with one of them.
    Racism flows both directions. It is not only a white thing. And intolerance is everywhere including our own community. Until we realize we are Americans first and hyphens second. And that is all of us, black white jew gentile gay straight. We are all Americans. If you are not a citizen you are a tourist and welcome to the melting pot. The melting pot it needs to get back to. Not the individual ingredients it has become.
    Todays society has become so divided with each group pointing the finger at each other. Instead of pointing it at the face in the mirror. And I don't hear anyone in our government taking the blame for anything. But they are fast to place the blame on the other guy.

just another girl trying to get by in the world

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by meghanchavalier
    I think that the last two elections were interesting considering Bush really never won either of them. If people were forced to vote, I'm not sure what would happen. All I do know, is that McCain is a very scary individual and Palin is even scarier.
    sorry bush won both elections. Dems never could have taken Florida they were just grasping at straws. 2nd wasn't even close.

Junior Poster

God Damn America and the Garlic Noses.A lot of the 'racist' complaintants just need a mirror to gaze into.They would see a racist every day.

5 Star Poster
    nyc. dancing. living. smiling. laughing. again.

Default Re: Ignorance, Racism and Hate

Ignorance, Racism and Hate are alive and well in Ohio. Check out the front page of our website to watch the video I'm sure it'll make you cringe just like we did when we saw it.

http://www.stoppingthehate.com

Please vote in this election.

Meghan C.
    Wow, I'd never seen your site before! Really nice job. Meghan. Lots of info. Huge thanks to you and all of your contributors for taking the time to put it together and raise the flag of awareness. If i can be of any help, please don't hesitate to ask!

GOBama!

Quote Originally Posted by MrShow52
    I think that the last two elections were interesting considering Bush really never won either of them. If people were forced to vote, I'm not sure what would happen. All I do know, is that McCain is a very scary individual and Palin is even scarier.
    sorry bush won both elections. Dems never could have taken Florida they were just grasping at straws. 2nd wasn't even close.
    You remember that Bush lost the popular vote in 2000 but won by the Electoral College vote of which Florida votes made Bush the winner. In that state the person who's job it was to certify the run the election was also Bush's state campaign manager. I think her name was Kathleen Harris.

In 2004 Bush won the popular vote, but would have lost because of Electoral College vote, if he had lost Ohio. Ohio was the last state to certify thier results. But is well documented how Ohio's Democratic voters were, suppressed in a variety of ways. An entire book was written about the process. There is more than one movie which covers the subject. A movie called "American Blackout" documents the subject. You can see with your own eyes.

Guess what? Just like in 2000, in 2004 the person whose job it was to run the state presidential election, and certify the results, was also the state manager of Bush's campaign. Ken Blackwell made many controversial decisions. He even instructed counties to destroy evidence which could have been used in a recount, before the legal deadline. But like I say, it was enough to fill an entire book.

I will try to find the link of an article on the subject if I have time.
    Here it is: http://www.freepress.org/departments...y/19/2008/3201

Junior Poster

Yes bush didn't get the popular vote in the first election but that's not how you win in our system. It doesn't matter who was in charge in FL, they still have officials etc. handling the election, it's not like Harris did a hand count herself of all the votes. Even in the most favorable counting schemes Gore still lost. Sorry, deal with it. Lol @ your Ohio claim, were voters not disenfranchised in '96 when dems won it? I bet you think Bush planned 9/11 too don't you? Just admit the guy you were rooting for lost, stop acting like a victim, though that's all democrats seem to be good at.

Yes bush didn't get the popular vote in the first election but that's not how you win in our system. It doesn't matter who was in charge in FL, they still have officials etc. handling the election, it's not like Harris did a hand count herself of all the votes. Even in the most favorable counting schemes Gore still lost. Sorry, deal with it. Lol @ your Ohio claim, were voters not disenfranchised in '96 when dems won it? I bet you think Bush planned 9/11 too don't you? Just admit the guy you were rooting for lost, stop acting like a victim, though that's all democrats seem to be good at.
    Except even if FL would have clearly gone to Bush, Harris was still ethically required to recuse herself for her relationship with the Bush campaign.

The heart of this debate is ethics, is it not? It really wouldn't matter what went on in FL or Ohio or anywhere else if it were being done ethically, but there are mountains of evidence that indicate that ethics (as well as laws) are being simply ignored in battleground states... in 2000, 2004, and so far- in 2008.

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

The whole disgust over Bush v Gore was the way the Supreme Court handled the matter. Conducting and counting the ballots in a presidential contest is a matter for the States to handle. The Supreme Court injected itself along political lines and it is almost universally thought of as one of the lowest points in the Court's history. Bush may very well have won either way, but the process should not have been short circuited.

Can you imagine the possibilities if all politicians were ethical? It would definitely change the state of the world as we know it.

As far as the 2000 and 2004 elections the only thing this country should regret is the the last 8 years under a Bush Regime.

It's definitely time for a change, and I believe Obama is the change that is needed. If you vote McCain you vote the same. He might not be George Bush but he as voted with George Bush's policies 90% of the time, and to me, that's just a wolf in sheep's clothing.