Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dskreet2
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvGurls
    a quote from obama's book.

From Audacity of Hope: 'I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.'

vote for him if you want ......i won't
    I didn't read the book, but from someone who has been discriminated against his WHOLE LIFE, I interpret the quote as saying that he will stand with the oppressed instead of with the oppressors. Be they Muslim, Christian or Buddist. The title of the book says it all!!!
    whatever .....not going to argue.

Rookie Poster

thats an interesting interpretation, i guess you can spin almost anything to justify a warped idealogy

Default Re: racism

Quote Originally Posted by fuzz66

o.j. simpson? get real
    What does O.J. Simpson have to do with anything? Really. Should we just list every single person who has committed a crime?

thats an interesting interpretation, i guess you can spin almost anything to justify a warped idealogy
    People with bad intentions often take things out of context, like the 'spread the wealth' quote.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by yodajazz
    Quote Originally Posted by edward almond
    When blacks are 90% of the violent crime in America I don't have to say anything.On the Department of Justice website I found that of interracial rapes approx. 50000 in all, only about 50 were white men raping black woman.And that a white person is 52 times more likely to be the victim of a hate crime than a black.If you don't believe blacks are more violent look at any prison and it will not look like a vanilla cake.Sorry but white people are tired of black violence. Act like a human and we will respect you, act like an animal and I hope you vanish from the face of the earth as a species.
    Mr. Almond, I would sure like the link from where you got these statistics.
    I looked on this site, and I don't see it. http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/welcome.htm

I think that you are straight out lying wtih regards to your statistics. I have heard that Blacks do make up 50% of the prison population. This includes non violent drug crimes. A recent series in the Cleveland Plain Dealer show how Black are jailed at a higher rate than Whites for similar non violent drug offenses. It also show that Whites were more likely to get charges reduced to misdemeanors over Blacks.

I am not condoning any criminal behavior. But over and over I have seen the public be more sympathetic to White criminals than Black ones.
    I could cite numerous examples, but I'll cite Cindy McClain's case. If a Black person had did what she did to get prescription durgs illegally, they would have gone to jail, straight up.

Edward Almond, show us the link to your stats. Even if they are true on some level, I bet you are interpreting them wrong.

you must understand that for generations liberals refuse to accept truth, even when the facts^^^^ are staring them right in the face, its just who they are.
    What truth are you talking about? What facts are you talking about? WTF is a liberal? The word 'liberal' is only a relative term. You are brainwashed. A relative term has been loaded with lies, and you talk about accpepting the truth. Like calling liberal baby killers, when Neocons invaded a the nation of Iraq under false pretenses. That killing people of all ages. That's the truth.
    thats "your" truth. keep riding the victomization train, you wont get very far.

Rookie Poster

o.j. simpson? get real
    What does O.J. Simpson have to do with anything? Really. Should we just list every single person who has committed a crime?
    just giving another example other than your cindy mccain example

BTW- the reaction of the african/american community after the simpson verdict is proof that racism has come full circle in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by edward almond
    When blacks are 90% of the violent crime in America I don't have to say anything.On the Department of Justice website I found that of interracial rapes approx. 50000 in all, only about 50 were white men raping black woman.And that a white person is 52 times more likely to be the victim of a hate crime than a black.If you don't believe blacks are more violent look at any prison and it will not look like a vanilla cake.Sorry but white people are tired of black violence. Act like a human and we will respect you, act like an animal and I hope you vanish from the face of the earth as a species.
    Mr. Almond, I would sure like the link from where you got these statistics.
    I looked on this site, and I don't see it. http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/welcome.htm

I think that you are straight out lying wtih regards to your statistics. I have heard that Blacks do make up 50% of the prison population. This includes non violent drug crimes. A recent series in the Cleveland Plain Dealer show how Black are jailed at a higher rate than Whites for similar non violent drug offenses. It also show that Whites were more likely to get charges reduced to misdemeanors over Blacks.

I am not condoning any criminal behavior. But over and over I have seen the public be more sympathetic to White criminals than Black ones.
    I could cite numerous examples, but I'll cite Cindy McClain's case. If a Black person had did what she did to get prescription durgs illegally, they would have gone to jail, straight up.

Edward Almond, show us the link to your stats. Even if they are true on some level, I bet you are interpreting them wrong.

you must understand that for generations liberals refuse to accept truth, even when the facts^^^^ are staring them right in the face, its just who they are.
    What truth are you talking about? What facts are you talking about? WTF is a liberal? The word 'liberal' is only a relative term. You are brainwashed. A relative term has been loaded with lies, and you talk about accpepting the truth. Like calling liberal baby killers, when Neocons invaded a the nation of Iraq under false pretenses. That killing people of all ages. That's the truth.
    thats "your" truth. keep riding the victomization train, you wont get very far.
    No you said that "liberals refuse to accept the truth". Edward Almond said that Blacks committ 90% of all the violent crimes. And that Blacks committed 44,950 interacial rapes and Whites committed 50. How is challenging someone telling lies, "riding the victimization train"? That is why I asked you what is the truth. If Almond's facts are true then give us the source.

Veteran Poster

From Audacity of Hope: 'I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.'

I didn't read the book, but from someone who has been discriminated against his WHOLE LIFE, I interpret the quote as saying that he will stand with the oppressed instead of with the oppressors. Be they Muslim, Christian or Buddist. The title of the book says it all!!!
    Its not an issue for argument, but for understanding. That is why I left out all of those "hot button" words. But your generalizations and many other people's generalizations do not seek understnding, but to be critcal. What does the rest of the book state? I'm not saying you, but I have heard many people take quotes out of context to support their own ideology, especially while quoting the Holy Bible!!! That includes the extremist Muslims that take quotes from the Koran out of context to suppoort their own ideology. There are MILLIONS of decent Muslims that do not profess violence towards non-Muslims, just like there are millions of Christians that also do not profess violence towards non-Christians. But just like the Muslim extremist, there are those so called Christians in this country that can't wait to commit violence towards anyone not like them.

I pray for you and I for a higher understanding and love for our brothers and sisters of GOD the Father!!!

Rookie Poster

in an earlier post, you agreed with the statistic that afican-americans make up 50% of the prison population but blamed it on judicial racism. heres another stat- more than 70% of african-american children grow up in a one parent home. you think that might have anything to do with the prison population? these are facts. thats the truth.

Its not an issue for argument, but for understanding. That is why I left out all of those "hot button" words. But your generalizations and many other people's generalizations do not seek understnding, but to be critcal. What does the rest of the book state? I'm not saying you, but I have heard many people take quotes out of context to support their own ideology, especially while quoting the Holy Bible!!! That includes the extremist Muslims that take quotes from the Koran out of context to suppoort their own ideology. There are MILLIONS of decent Muslims that do not profess violence towards non-Muslims, just like there are millions of Christians that also do not profess violence towards non-Christians. But just like the Muslim extremist, there are those so called Christians in this country that can't wait to commit violence towards anyone not like them.

I pray for you and I for a higher understanding and love for our brothers and sisters of GOD the Father!!!
    Thank you! This is so, so true. As for as the Bible, not only are things taken out of context, but major philosoophical parts are ignored, like judging people, loving thy neighbor as yourself, charity, and prohibitions against being greedy.

It is written (in the Bible); "with all thy getting, get understanding". So when Obama said that he would sit down with our enemies withour pre-conditions, I saw that as a way to follow Bibilical principles, not weakness. Look at the 23rd Pslam: "Thou preparest a table in the presence of my enemies..." So how could a minister say that you con not be a Christian and vote for Obama, ike I saw on television?

Rookie Poster

Thank you! This is so, so true. As for as the Bible, not only are things taken out of context, but major philosoophical parts are ignored, like judging people, loving thy neighbor as yourself, charity, and prohibitions against being greedy.

It is written (in the Bible); "with all thy getting, get understanding". So when Obama said that he would sit down with our enemies withour pre-conditions, I saw that as a way to follow Bibilical principles, not weakness. Look at the 23rd Pslam: "Thou preparest a table in the presence of my enemies..." So how could a minister say that you con not be a Christian and vote for Obama, ike I saw on television?
    well, the bible also states that homosexuality is a sin against god. how do we interprete that?