Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Default The Pathology of Privilege: Racism, White Denial & the C

THIS MAN HAS GREAT SPEECHES AND EXPLANATIONS

http://www.redroom.com/video/tim-wis...whiteness-clip

This is a clip from The Pathology of Privilege: Racism, White Denial & the Costs of Inequality, the newly released video from the Media Education Foundation. The video is of a speech given by Tim Wise at Mt. Holyoke College, October 1, 2007.

video but has relatedlinks/urls and related to more of his speakings/lectures

same video but has relatedlinks/urls and related to more of his speakings/lectures

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wisedvd_483.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	205332  

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino
    Ron Paul or nothing at all!!
    Ru Paul or nothing at all!

Rookie Poster

Default Re: Racism In America (And at Republican Rallies)

Quote Originally Posted by AllanahStarrNYC
    This is SO GROSS
    I just felt sick to my stomach watching it.

What's worse is no one around is saying anything.

Why are Republicans and the ralleys standing for this kind of hatred? They should be ashamed of themselves.

Racism is alive and well in America, and it takes something like this to just remind you how it is.
    the same reasons why no democrat condemned the sarah palin dummy hanging from a noose in front of a house in california.

Default Re: Racism In America (And at Republican Rallies)

Amen! Sad but true (and a nine sentence comment I totally agree with is rare).

Quote Originally Posted by Solitary Brother
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanahStarrNYC
    This is SO GROSS
    I just felt sick to my stomach watching it.

What's worse is no one around is saying anything.

Why are Republicans and the ralleys standing for this kind of hatred? They should be ashamed of themselves.

Racism is alive and well in America, and it takes something like this to just remind you how it is.
    But now EVERYONE can see it.
    For so long people denied ANY racism was left in america(non-minorities that is)
    Now everyone can see and many whites are aghast.
    A coworker and myself were just talking about how Obama really CANT go after McCain and Palin like they have came for him.
    He just has to issue very meek rebukes or he will be seen as an "ANGRY BLACK MAN".
    I was telling my coworker that Obama is going to have to walk on eggs shells because he already has a COUPLE of groups all over him.
    Its sad but thats america.
    I must say though america is FAR better than any black run country in the world.
    Im not complaining I am just saying..........

http://caramelstgirls.com
    Interviews, Reviews and Resources

http://tsdreamland.com
    Photo and Video Galleries

http://caramelsgirls.com
    Glamour, Pinup, Fetish, Goth & BDSM

http://twitter.com/tscaramel
    Caramel on Twitter

There is racism towards blacks, there's also blacks who hate whites for no reason other than the difference in color. That does not mean there is racism through the force of law, nor does it justify the use of discriminatory practices towards whites, i.e. affirmative action. I think that often times many whites and blacks are speaking about two separate things. It is one thing to stamp out the use of laws to prosecute a particular group, it is something completely different to change the way people perceive each other. The second can only come through time and patience.

Ransom you're soul Junior Poster

the comments on the videos always crack me up.

bbb989 (4 hours ago) Show Hide 0 Marked as spam Reply | Spam i cant stand this racist shit no more, im bout to sock the first white person i see 2morrow, boy or girl i dont give a fuck.

Out for it all.

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by worthy2
    Mccain and Obama should both step aside because neither one is gonna improve the siuation this country is in. Both of their goals is to become super millionaires like Clinton and baby Bush.

This country had a chance to elect someone who would have made a difference in Ron Paul but the problem is the average american is an idiot. Who is the average american? Those are the ones supporting Mccain ONLY cause he is white and the ones ONLY voting for obama cause he is part black.
    Worthy2 is a naive, deluded fool. Ron Paul has a crazy right wing agenda that has been documented in great detail. So he's against the war in Iraq. Big fucking deal, so is anyone else with half a brain(congrats, you made it worthy2.) Ralph Nader isn't remotely qualified to be president and he never will be. Obama is the only true choice for progressives and anyone else who doesn't want four more years of BushInc.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Yeah, I saw that old coon holding the stuffed monkey and I also did not see any black men standing around. Trust me, he would have been confronted if there were any strong black men like myself there.

Here is why I am voting for Obama:

1. He is pro health insurance for Americans. He is interested in helping Americans with pre-existing conditions getting coverage. McCain wants to tax us on our health insurance and give the money back to health insurance companies. Aren't the insurance companies making enough money off of us?

2. The Middle East will be more open to sitting down with Obama than McCain. Obama is the type of guy that wants to sit down and talk with the other side and find out what the issues are so that a positive and peaceful resolution can take place. McCain is the type of guy that will try to impose demands and will issue threats by military action if those demands aren't met. Have we not lost enough lives over the game playing of the affluent that want to control profitable resources?

3. McCain has not come out publicly and stated that we are facing a crisis that was avoidable here in America. A crisis that was set forth by his good old buddy George Bush. The Bush Administration has used The Oval Office for their own personal financial gain. They have masqueraded around as a caring and loyal administration. What have we got in return? The highest prices of petroleum in US history. The highest cases of bankruptcy in US history. The highest rates of foreclosures in US history. Bush even changed the bankruptcy laws to favor credit card companies. This was a slap in the face of many hard working Americans that was lost their jobs and were struggling to pay their bills between employment. I should not be suprised since Bush received big money in the form of political contributions from one of the largest credit card companies here in America. You can see all of this proven in the documentary "Hooked On Credit".

HBO had a documentary on recently wherein the war has been extended so that private corporations can continue to profit. Yep, our good old president and vice president have to look out for their coroporate buddies before they leave office.

On November 4, it is a simple as this:

McCain=Pro business
    Obama=Pro people

Obama is a throwback to JFK. He wants to liberate people!

Junior Poster

not correct

Default racism

When blacks are 90% of the violent crime in America I don't have to say anything.On the Department of Justice website I found that of interracial rapes approx. 50000 in all, only about 50 were white men raping black woman.And that a white person is 52 times more likely to be the victim of a hate crime than a black.If you don't believe blacks are more violent look at any prison and it will not look like a vanilla cake.Sorry but white people are tired of black violence. Act like a human and we will respect you, act like an animal and I hope you vanish from the face of the earth as a species.