Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I think everybody should lie to pollsters all the time. In both Iowa & New Hampshire, the pundits got caught with their pants down. Since the "news" networks are just entertainment anyway, we might as well get some entertainment out or them. It's fun to watch these political "experts" & talking heads dance around trying to explain why they don't know what the hell they're talking about. We should be getting more about the candidate's positions. Dwelling almost exclusively on the "horserace" does a disservice to everyone.

This will be the 19th general election I've voted in. Religiously, every 2 years. This will be the 9th Presidential election I've participated in. I can count at least 6 or 7 different polling places I've used, at differeent times of the day. In all this time, I've never seen anyone taking an exit poll. I've never met or talked to anyone who has ever answered an exit poll or witnessed anyone taking one. This leads me to think they aren't very widespread. But I think that if anyone ever actually comes across any of these phantom exit pollsters, they should lie. The clown heads on the idiot box shouldn't be able to call the election before the votes are counted.

So...
    LIE!
    Lie a lot.
    Lie all the time.
    If you get caught, just lie about it.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Junior Poster

zzzzzzz

Veteran Poster

Actually exit polls are a great way of double checking an election for fraud. They are a good indication, if the number are way off, that the votes need to be checked REALLY carefully. If we deliberately falsify the results we remove one of the few tripwires we have.

Look at the last elections, when independent documentaries were being made they caught folks destroying evidence in two key states illegally. In both states the exit polls and the actual totals were almost flipped. The combination to me indicates there should be an investigation... and some damn heads on pikes.

As to the racism... the monkey is pretty offensive, but the calls to 'kill him' and other things shouted from the stands seemed much more overt in the over the top attacks. The whole tone on that side is pretty scary.

Sean

Just one more nice guy finishing last...

Junior Poster

they're all the same
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1223580621707_199.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	203452  

Junior Poster

oh and guys, please don't jerk off to the hitler in lipstick

There are lots of political pundits discussing this sort of thing but often get slapped down for bringing it up. Keith Olbermann isn't covering the major events with Chris Matthews because Tom Brokaw used his influence against him, saying he was too liberal and biased. Rachel Maddow's show is new so she'll spar with Pat Buchanan and his cronies, but it never gets too heated. She just got her new show so as outpspoken as she is, it's kind of early to be ruffling too many feathers. Roland Martin has been asking what Sarah Palin's stance on abortion would be if her daughter Bristol were, God forbid, raped by a black man. Do I think that pregnancy wouldn't be terminated? Of course not. Sorry to go off-topic but hard not to get angry about this stuff. Actually, it's not videos like this that get under my skin. I've been living in Florida for seven years and it's mild to what I can see in person daily. What angers me more is that, like you said, they keep fueling this at the campaigns. We're supposed to believe that a clip of John McCain straightening out one old lady who thought Obama was an Arab (as if there's something wrong with being an Ayyy-rab anyway) proves that he's doing everything he can to end the rants at his rallies. Sarah Palin has already said she has nothing to lose going after Obama anyway. This is to be expected and I'm sure it will continue. This is just business as usual. By the way, I wonder where Obama would be right now if one of his daughters were 17 and pregnant. By the way, why do the McCains dress their adopted child up like some strange sort of doll no one would want to buy? What's that about? Again, sorry for the off-topic rants.

http://caramelstgirls.com
    Interviews, Reviews and Resources

http://tsdreamland.com
    Photo and Video Galleries

http://caramelsgirls.com
    Glamour, Pinup, Fetish, Goth & BDSM

http://twitter.com/tscaramel
    Caramel on Twitter

Junior Poster

There are plenty of rude people at every rally on both sides. There are many racist on both sides as well.
    Obama can't win unless a large % of whites vote for him. I'm voting for him. They have a surpising lead right now. Are you suggesting Hillary would have a bigger lead? How much bigger?
    Just how many...what % will not vote for him because of color? 10-20-30%. What % will vote for him because of color? There are many that don't support him or his party's agenda. Simple as that.
    If Colin Powell was running with Obama he would have even more of a lead. If McCain had Powell he might have taken the election. Not because he's black. Because they respect the man. If either had chosen Cornell West, they would have lost.

Quote Originally Posted by MrShow52
    oh and guys, please don't jerk off to the hitler in lipstick
    I don't know whether to suck him off or kill all the Jews in Poland.

Rookie Poster

yes it was disgusting, hatred of any kind is disgusting. the problem I have with the posters comments is, was this endorsed by mr mccain and the republican party? It seems to me that because some moron at a republican rally does something we all find revolting, you include the whole party and make it seem like mccain endorses this behavior. Both parties have people inside them that they both should be ashamed of. Look at the hate filled garbage spewn over the left wing blogs, I would be scorned to the fullest if i said Obama endorsed that garbage. But maybe you agree with those blogs, so that makes it ok. I think alot of people here are nothing but hypocrits. HATRED IS ON BOTH SIDES, dont let them fool you, both parties want it, it divides us, it keeps us from getting together and throwing them all out of office.

Rookie Poster

yes it was disgusting, hatred of any kind is disgusting. the problem I have with the posters comments is, was this endorsed by mr mccain and the republican party? It seems to me that because some moron at a republican rally does something we all find revolting, you include the whole party and make it seem like mccain endorses this behavior. Both parties have people inside them that they both should be ashamed of. Look at the hate filled garbage spewn over the left wing blogs, I would be scorned to the fullest if i said Obama endorsed that garbage. But maybe you agree with those blogs, so that makes it ok. I think alot of people here are nothing but hypocrits. HATRED IS ON BOTH SIDES, dont let them fool you, both parties want it, it divides us, it keeps us from getting together and throwing them all out of office.